No votes
Attack
No votes

Total votes : 35

by teddyballgame » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:52 pm

who's the best
teddyballgame

by Boattee » Wed May 07, 2008 8:59 am

get real, the teams must be voting for themselves, the best team in Oklahoma is probably the Tulsa Eagles, The Babes are good and will get better with the OU players return, Shootouts good, The Ultimates teams are good, The Jitterbugs, OKC Diamonds, Attack Thunder and Select are your teams on the rise. I witnessed this this last weekend. Some of these other teams on the list of top ten need to stay in the dugout.
Boattee

by Travel Ball » Wed May 07, 2008 9:19 am

Boattee wrote:get real, the teams must be voting for themselves, the best team in Oklahoma is probably the Tulsa Eagles, The Babes are good and will get better with the OU players return, Shootouts good, The Ultimates teams are good, The Jitterbugs, OKC Diamonds, Attack Thunder and Select are your teams on the rise. I witnessed this this last weekend. Some of these other teams on the list of top ten need to stay in the dugout.

Seems to me the Ultimate and Babes earned the right to at least be considered ahead of the Eagles based on last year's performance at Gold Nationals. Hard to question the Babes recruiting successes from last year. Remains to be seen who steps up this year, but your response seems a bit of an overreactioin.
Travel Ball

by CowboyJock2210 » Wed May 07, 2008 7:59 pm

No truly a joke..Tulsa Eagles Gold, Babes, Ultimate Gold, Until we see otherwise?

The up & coming teams are pretty accurate. Hawever it seems the old 17% or so definitely are voting for them selves. Not yet..However we have a long way to go.There will be some younger Gold teams come out as they mature threw out the season.[/b][/i]
[/size]
CowboyJock2210

by teddyballgame » Tue May 13, 2008 8:43 am

Looks like a three tier system to me.
The first tier would include those that made the Gold Nationals last year (Babes, Ultimate Gold and the Tulsa Eagles)

The second tier includes the very few other teams that might, if everything falls perfect for one weekend, have a chance to squeak out a berth this year at one of the qualifiers.

And finally, the third tier is for the teams that will get their girls some "Gold Exposure" heading to the qualifiers and Exposure tournaments, but will have hard time winning a game in the qualifier bracket games.

I'll let you guys decide which teams belong in the second and third tiers.
The poll only allowed ten teams, so there are other "Gold" teams not on the list, to include Dynamites Badside, Ultimate (Hauck), Diamonds Gold and others.

I wanted to do an 18-U A poll, but it gets confusing with all the 16's playing up. Besides I have an 18-under team and that might not work too well. On that note, there a few 18-under teams that don't call themselves Gold, but can play with the third tier and sometimes the second tier.
teddyballgame

by TulsaEliteGold » Fri May 16, 2008 10:47 am

One of our parents just told me about this "Meaningless Poll". I didn't even realize there was an Oklahoma link on this site. It doesn't matter what this poll says or how good a team is, you still have to play the games and everyone knows who the top teams are.

I agree Babes, Ultimate (Richardson) and Eagles as the Top 3 and the rest of us are just trying to follow in their footsteps;

I wouldn't get too excited over how well or how poor teams played in the spring, lets let a few games go by with everyone having their full roster before we hand out any berths. One thing is for sure, there is a lot of talented coming out of Oklahoma.

As for Thunder and Select, they are "18A", but very good teams. If they both add the additional pitchers they are planning on before summer they should finish high at 18A ASA Nationals.

Keep it between the lines!! Lets play ball!!
Last edited by TulsaEliteGold on Tue May 20, 2008 5:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Jeff Filali
Asst Softball Coach
Butler Comm College - 25+ D1 Signees since '11
www.butlergrizzlies.com

Founder/GM/Coach
Tulsa Elite Softball - 130+ College Commits since '08
www.tulsaelite.org

eM: jeff@TulsaElite.org
Ph: 918-951-7142
TulsaEliteGold

by Hitmechanic » Fri May 16, 2008 11:01 am

:oops: I started to vote for the Babes...then I realized ya'll were talking about softball teams. I'm taking DD to Hooters for her Graduation dinner (her request). 8-)
'Wait for a good post to slam"-Big K.
Hitmechanic

by teddyballgame » Thu May 22, 2008 9:18 am

Jeff,
You are correct as usual.
When the Gold teams get their college girls back it changes everything.
There is nothing I'd like better than to see 4 or 5 Oklahoma teams playing in OKC at the Gold tournament. I hope all of them "max-out" at the Gold qualifiers.
ted
And yes, the poll is useless, but it doesn't hurt to have a little fun.
teddyballgame

Return to OK