Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Bombers Tournament is coming up!!!!! Anyone Excited?????

by Brooke's Dad » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:52 am

Slapper - the Peppers did not attend last years Bombers tournament (for the reasons listed above).

As for not letting the medicine in the Park - i was standing right there when it happened.... it was sureal! The lady at the gate refused to let her in - she had a small cooler - that kept the medicine cold. The Mom went thru the roof (understandably) - the Gate Nazi radioed for the Park Director - who then informed the Mom that she could not bring the med's inside the Park. She was told to leave the medicine in her car and if the child needed the med's to take her out to the parking lot.

Again - i witnessed this -as did many other people - as it became a bit of a scene.

Best of luck to everyone who plays in the tornament - have lots of fun.
When asked how many times she hit Tiger with the golf club, she responded, "I'm not sure...put me down for an 8!
Brooke's Dad

by slapper » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:55 pm

Brooke's Dad,

All I can say s wow! Was it a Bomber parent/tournament director or was it someone from the parks and rec? Which field was it at? I know I have played at Alva Jo in San Antonio and they(the parks and rec) act like that. Are the Bombers still using the same fields where this happened?
slapper

by Brooke's Dad » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:20 pm

Slapper - I would be lying to you if I named a field (or City for that matter - b/c if i remember correctly - they had us shuffleing between N.B. and someplace else ((maybe Segin)).

As for who was the Gate Nazi - again - that wasn't the part of the incident i remember...

I do remember me and a few other dad's walking across the street from one of the parks to a gas station / fast food place - buying a ton of stuff and tossing it over the fence to the girls on the team so they could eat in between games.
When asked how many times she hit Tiger with the golf club, she responded, "I'm not sure...put me down for an 8!
Brooke's Dad

by slapper » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:48 pm

Brooke's Dad,

Thanks for the info. I hope this was a one time incident.
slapper

by bombercoach » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:11 pm

I can shed some light on the incident you are describing about the insulin in the cooler issue! This situation took place at Alva Jo Fischer complex in San Antonio run by the Parks and Recreation department. The individual at the gate was an employee of the City of San Antonio. I was furious over this situation , so much so that we have never used that park since! I can tell you this that I apologized publicly on behalf of the Bombers and everyone connected to our tournament for this incident...i did it on Eteamz in an open format and we took a beating over it...and we deserved every bit of it! Because I am the tournament director I accept responsibility for the incident regardless of the fact that it was a city employee! Your team has an open invitation to participate in any one of Bomber Tournaments at no charge in an effort to compensate you for your disatisfaction. I would though appreciate that the facts be clearly stated that NEVER would anyone from the Bombers tell ANYONE that they could not bring in medication for their daughter! Take care and hope to see you all on the field soon...have a great 2008 Season!

Scott Smith
Texas Bombers Fastpitch
bombercoach

by 3Bsnag » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:59 pm

Very classy and kudo's to you. Although those parents won't ever get that team/park/tournament association out of their mind, I like when someone can just say we f 'ed up, we're sorry, and we've corrected the problem.
3Bsnag

by YplayAwhenucanplayB » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:12 pm

Scott and the Bombers are classy.....the tournament has had some bumps.......but what tournament doesn't. The quality teams show up each year still....so they must being doing something right. If you have a problem...talk to the man......he'll take care of you.
YplayAwhenucanplayB

by TXFP95 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:38 pm

Anyone know when the bracket is coming out? :idea:
TXFP95

by YplayAwhenucanplayB » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:19 pm

Usually there are games on Friday.....I guess the times would be out soon for the sake of the traveling teams.
YplayAwhenucanplayB

by YplayAwhenucanplayB » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:30 pm

Top Ten Finishes - No order.....all depends on Bracket.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
American Freedom
Anderson Express
FT Worth Batbusters 94
South Texas Elite
South Texas 8's
Spring Klein Tazers
Texas Bombers 94
Texas Jets 94
Texas Travelers 93