Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Bombers Tournament is coming up!!!!! Anyone Excited?????

by TXFP95 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:36 pm

It will probably depend on the teams that had great practices this spring. Some teams will be coming out of the gate with a few new players and hardly any practices. I would say BB94(Montoya) would be my front runner. Also, I think a '95 team could finish top 5.
TXFP95

by E.T. » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:41 pm

:geek: Bracket #1 - Looks like the STX8's will have a cake walk to the winners bracket! And the Tazers and Storm fighting for the second spot.
:geek: Bracket #2 - Should be Anderson Express and Blaze (Prinzo)
:geek: Bracket #3 - There's your tough one! B.B.s / 94 Glory / American Freedom / S.T. Elite - I'll bet on American Freedom. (Just cause they are '93's)
:geek: Bracket # 4 - Texas Travelers(Splash) and 93 Austin Storm

Hmmm picked all the older teams to win there bracket! No suprises there. Now let the younger underdogs loose!
E.T.

by YplayAwhenucanplayB » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:51 pm

Bracket 4 - Travelers 93 for sure........Storm.....that's a reach.....heard they're younger....like a 94 team. I think this is the bracket where you could see a 95 team pop up. Look for Bombers or RGV Sting here too.
Anyone know anything about the HV Team in this bracket????
YplayAwhenucanplayB

by MaryAnn » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:09 pm

The HV Cobras were a pretty good B team last season. Heard they lost their hard hitting catcher to 94 Texas Elite.
MaryAnn

by Flash4 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:29 pm

Look for the 95 Tx Travelers to cause a stir in the 4th bracket and if the rumors are true from this past weekend then 94 Glory wont be any competition this year.
Flash4

by 3Bsnag » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:21 pm

I'm taking:
1st Bracket- ST 8's
2nd Bracket- '94 TX Elite
3rd Bracket- BB Montoya
4th Bracket- '93 TT

I think the Cobra's were a decent team, but not in this type of tournament missing #1 catcher. Had trouble deciding on 3rd brkt, since AF could take it if they have all their HS girls.
3Bsnag

by 3Bsnag » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:45 pm

Oops. I didn't see Anderson Express in the 2nd bracket, hmmmm?
3Bsnag

by Travel Ball » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:35 pm

WINNERS' SIDE:
Bracket 1: South Texas 8's
Bracket 2: Anderson Express
Bracket 3: American Freedom
Bracket 4: Texas Travler's '93

LOSER'S SIDE:
Bracket 1: SK Tazers
Bracket 2: '94 Lady Longhorns
Bracket 3: Batbusters (Montoya)
Bracket 4: Austin Storm 14u/Texas Travler's '95

DARKHOUSES:
Bracket 1: RGV Venom
Bracket 2: Texas Elite '94
Bracket 3: HITT (Jaci)
Bracket 4: Texas Bombers '94

Tough to predict especially without knowing which teams have all or some of their high school girls. A stud pick up pitcher can put an average team in the final eight. ST8s have the best pitcher in the tournament. This collection of players put together just for the spring is untested as a team in a big tournament. A relatively easy draw gets them to the Gold Bracket on Sunday.

Anderson Express have a great pitcher and at least a handful of their huge bats. Why are the '94 Lady Lonhorns not on anyone's list? This team took the 12u division of the Bomber Shootout last year with some great play. Too many people are dismissing this team without having ever seen them play. Texas Elite '94 added a pitcher and a catcher, but this team needs to be battle-tested in a couple of more big tournaments like this one before being considered a contender. Look for RR Blaze (Prinzo) to find out what real 14u softball looks like this weekend.

American Freedom only have one middle school pitcher so it'll be interesting if they have enough pitching. This is an old '93 team with a lot of high school girls that may not play. They should be motivated to win this tournament, however, because of their San Antonio connection. The Batbusters may be better prepared to play this weekend. This could be the bracket everyone is second-guessing on Monday. Alot depends on who the '94 Glory show up with and whether the '94 Lights Out and ST Elite show up with any stud pickup players.

The Traveler's '93 are a wild card because they have been known to crash and burn in this tournament. And it's unknown who they will show up with this weekend. This team lost its stud pitcher and a stud bat to the Texas Glory (Naudin) this fall and it showed. Pitching depth definitely will be an Archilli's mark for them. An easy draw should get them untouched into the final eight.

GOLD BRACKET:
Assuming that the winners of Bracket 1 play Bracket 2 and Bracket 3 play Bracket 4, and then the loser drops to the other side of the loser's bracket, look for this to come down to the Anderson Express, American Freedom, and Batbusters '94. ST8s won't get there with pitching alone.

UPSETS: Dont' be surprised if the HITT (Jaci) and RGV Venom knock off somebody. Also, wondering who the South Texas Elite bring. Heard they lost some of their best players to 16u, but don't be surprised if this weekend this team looks a lot more like a '93 team than a '94.

FIELD REPORT: Somebody will lose a crucial game because of a routine double that turns into a base-clearing home run because of the 300-foot fences on most fields. Don't be surprised if somebody drops a fly ball in the dark Saturday night to lose a game. Always love to see the reactions from the newbies from Dallas and Houston when they get a look at the field quality, restroom accomodations, and the other usual South Texas stuff that will go on this weekend.
Travel Ball

by 3Bsnag » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:23 am

Please don't forget your iPhone's and Blackberrys this weekend to update scores for us poor schmucks left behind!
3Bsnag

PreviousNext

Return to TX