Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

GREAT teams in Allen this weekend!!! Should be interesting!

by Flash4 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:19 am

All of our ASA tournaments are posted on the VTD (Virtual Tournament Director). Sometimes the touranment director posts the scores but most of the time they don't.

Here is the link to the Allen tournament
http://www.fastpitchsoftball.net/TournamentDirector.ASP?WCI=GetTour&TourID=24457

Here is the link to the VTD
http://www.fastpitchsoftball.net/
Flash4

by Flash4 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:25 am

This tournament is getting bigger and bigger every year and I think In part due to the format.
(7 game guarentee) Everyone gets ALOT of playing time against some great teams.

If you look back.... they use to hold two different age brackets but now, in most cases, they can only handle one at a time. They are soon going to have to expand the tournament.
Flash4

by 3Bsnag » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:49 am

Agree with you Flash. Everyone likes the Allen 7gg tournaments and they're always full. I could see this going to 40 or 50 teams easily, but I'm guessing they couldn't accomodate the 7 games. I also like 65 min + 1 inning in championship play.
3Bsnag

by Travel Ball » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:58 am

Slapper, you definitely are not from Houston or Dallas/Ft. Worth.
Travel Ball

by shutup&playball » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:03 am

93 Texas Travelers will be there i heard.
shutup&playball

by YplayAwhenucanplayB » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:25 pm

I really like this format....not so much that it’s harder, but you’re getting in more games. You can go 5-2 or 4-3, not place, but come out of the weekend feeling like your kids got some good play in. Similar to College Exposures with a bit of a twist.

As for the tournament.....ya good teams....but not enough variety.....Bombers tournament brought more variety to their tournament.

Teams that made Gold Bracket.....
2 Dallas, Houston, 2 New Braunfels, North Austin, 2 South Texas

That's pretty balanced......no matter what the brackets were.....most areas had oppurtunities to be there at the end.
YplayAwhenucanplayB

by slapper » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:19 pm

Travel Ball wrote:Slapper, you definitely are not from Houston or Dallas/Ft. Worth.

Travel Ball I never claimed to be from anywhere. I can tell you I have been at great tournaments and crappy tournaments in Houston, Dallas, Oklahoma and Central TX. I have also heard many teams gripe about bracket draw, umpires, tournament cost, rude parents etc. in all citys and states I have been to. I even heard it at Nationals. Some people just need to gripe and make excuses its in their soul. I assume you have a problem with teams and tournament that are not Houston or DFW from your post on many different subjects. So be it! No big deal, its your opinion. I too will post when I have something to say thats my opinion. My question to you is what do you have against teams and tournaments that are not Houston or DFW? Do you have a vested interest in softball from those area's. Why so negative?
slapper

by shutup&playball » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:57 pm

Well it looks good lot s of playing time
top four teams :?:
shutup&playball

by AnniesDad » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:39 am

I enjoy this venue for individuals to express their views. I also think it is great to have fun and put poles together to see who everyone thinks will win the tournament. Most importantly, I think it is great that there are many opportunities for the girls to play in competitive tournaments within the State of Texas. As I read the posts, I can guarantee you that the Allen tournament is not in competition with the Bombers Shootout. I think that the Bombers tournament is great and brings many quality teams together to compete. The Allen Tournament is just another opportunity for the girls to compete against many great teams (and be guaranteed 7 games).

To address a couple of the items that have been stated:
1) Number of teams. The posts are correct, 32 teams is currently the maximum for a 7 game format (40 for Memorial Weekend). Other complexes are being looked at in order to expand the tournament to more teams. As stated McKinney has many nice complexes and are within 10 miles of the Allen fields. Always looking for ways to provide venues for the girls to play against the highest levels of competition.
2) Diversity of teams: Every year the diversity of the teams participating in the Allen tournament grows. For this tournament, over 11 teams are not from the DFW area. In the past, it has been 5-6 teams. The Allen tournament would like more teams from the Houston Area / Central Texas (4 teams are from CT) and South Texas. I know logistics (during the school year) are tough for teams having to travel more than 4+ hours to play. (I have been on 35 and 45 going north on a Friday and it can be a beating)
3) Also, good luck to all of the teams. This will be a very competitive tournament.

And yes, I do have some insight into the tournament since I coordinate it. Good Luck girls!
AnniesDad

Previous

Return to TX