Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Ronald McDonald, Bombers, Big Showcases

by Lone Staarr » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:43 pm

Wouldn't it be genius that at these big showcases the teams that are not competitive and keep coming back to just add to the TD's piggy bank to at least get one game in at the main complex.

I remember back in the day they used to do this?

What a novel idea?
Lone Staarr

by orange socks » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:46 pm

That would be a scheduling nightmare. Bombers Showcase has grown incrementally over the years with several out of state programs competing this year. Bombers weekend used to be at Huber Ranch on 5 fields not too too long ago.

I am just glad that we got to play a full weekend at the SY. We have only played 15 games all Fall. You guys playing in the AE Texas Gold Cup next weekend?

I would actually prefer they contract the number of teams at the Bombers Weekend and RM. But who is gonna feed the beast?
orange socks

by Lone Staarr » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:15 am

Getting one game in the main complex wouldn't be too bad scheduling wise.

I did also like it better when we had steak and lobster dinner for the coaches...

No the gold cup has gotten to big as well. The org we played on and I still like to follow stop going to it last year.

So do you think Ronald McDonald and the Bombers will get another big turnout next year?

It's one of those that you forget about in a year then everyone starts to whisper and say that's the event you have to be at? Coach signs up and regrets it as soon as the schedule comes out?
Lone Staarr

by orange socks » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:28 am

My DD's team has been fortunate to be in the loop as it relates to being in the power pools and playing on the main complex. You tend to see same the teams playing each other. There is a reason for that. The TD's want like competition playing each other for the most part. Otherwise, it gets pretty ugly. In all reality, it doesn't really matter where you play. If the players are contacting coaches and if they are interested in seeing more of that player they will drive to those satellite fields to see them play. I only saw 3 D3 coaches(All from the ASC conference) at the SY this past weekend. The rest were D1's. Even saw Mike Candrea.

I am thankful that we don't have to travel any during the fall. There are enough events in the Houston area that there is no need to travel to Orlando or Tenn or wherever. Although TB is coming to an end for DD, I will be sad to see it end, but happy to start a new chapter.
orange socks

Return to TX