Allen Results

by DonnieS » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:36 am

>> I saw they signed up for the class B usfa world series shame shame. <<

Sometimes that is a scheduling issue.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by softballfan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:45 am

Donnie, could be a scheduling issue but at the end of the season several B level teams will travel half way across the country pay $600.00 expecting to play same level teams and get sent home early because and A team signed up for a B tournament. This team has gone as far as registering A in ASA and playing in B World Series. If you are an A team stay in A. That is the equivalent of a B tournament team signing up for city league. I don’t have horse in this race so they can do what they wish as far as I am concerned. I like the A level ball and that is where we are going to stay. To each there own I should not judge I just feel for those other teams.
softballfan

by sportzjunky » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:38 pm

>>>could be a scheduling issue but at the end of the season several B level teams will travel half way across the country pay $600.00 expecting to play same level teams and get sent home early because and A team signed up for a B tournament. This team has gone as far as registering A in ASA and playing in B World Series. If you are an A team stay in A. That is the equivalent of a B tournament team signing up for city league.<<<

Word.
The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure.
These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur.
- Vince Lombardi
sportzjunky

by YplayAwhenucanplayB » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:07 pm

YplayAwhenucanplayB
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
YplayAwhenucanplayB

by DonnieS » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:14 pm

Softballfan, 4 years ago, my group was 1st 12u, and we wanted to play USFA in panama city. However the 12u A world series was (actually all of the A series ) was a week later as I recall. We had Texas State swim championship that same time, so we signed up for the 14U B world series with our group of 11 year olds. We did ok - Seems like 17th or something. I thought we played tougher teams in the B bracket than we did the next year when we skipped swimming and played the A bracket. That 1st year was where I got one of my dd's lines, she has some good ones - we are walking around the tournament, she hadnt hit 5 foot yet, and these bunch of corn fed Georgia blondies were all walking by, I swear they were all 5 foot 10, 170 lbs. I said 'So kid, what do you think ,can you handle pitching to them.' She looks at them and says 'Gee dad, look at all that strike zone!.'
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by dallasfungo » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:00 am

95 Travelers played like @%$# in the Bombers Shootout and early at Allen. From what I understand they had 17 errors in the first two games in Allen and couldn't find the plate with a map. Then they played almost error free ball for the rest of the tournament. They lost 4-3 to the Sooners and had a good chance to win that one. I think it's just a matter of chemistry and getting the new girls settled into their positions. Who knows what makes a team turn the corner? Could end up being a pretty good team. ;)
dallasfungo

Previous

Return to TX