1)Lawton Lady Sooners
2)93 Texas Travelers (splash)
3)Texas Fusion (Sidwell)
3)Texas Glory (Elliott)
5)95 TEXAS TRAVELERS
5)94 Texas Elite (Floyd)
5)Arkansas Livewires
5)Flower Mound Rage

Who lets the Sooners in to Texas and win??? Maybe we need to send some Houston or South Texas teams North to claim our State back........j/k

95 Travelers 5th......Surprise......didn't do to well at Bomber's....were they missing people. Finished ahead of 3rd place finisher from Bombers...the Glory94....also ahead of Austin Stars too. Interesting. Glory 95......out of town teams to tough I see.
Who did the Travelers lose to in the Bombers tournament???? Must of been some real, real, good teams.
YplayAwhenucanplayB

by Flash4 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:41 am

The below was written by play4fun from another area..

[url]1st - Lawton Lady Sooners - They were a tough team
2nd - 93 Tx Splash
T - 3rd - Texas Fusion (Sidwell)
T-3rd - Texas Glory (Elliott)
T-5th - 95 Tx Travelers, 94 Elite, Arkansas Livewire, Flower Mound Rage

Lots of surprises and some pools were definatley tougher than others. I think that the Sooners were overlooked and then everyone was surprised that they came out to be a great team. Kudos to them.

93 Tx Splash - hard to talk about this team - they looked great but I was told that many of their players were not there because of High School ball. If this is the case then watch out when they all return because they will just get tougher.

Tx Glory (Elliott) had some rough games but fought hard at every corner and came out with a good showing in the end. The season will bring good things to this team.

Fusion (Sidwell) - Looked good and this is only the beginning of the season - was also told that some players are still involoved with H.S. ball as well.

Surprised that 94 Elite did not place higher - they are looking very strong this year but hey, its only the begining of the year. Arkansas Livewire look good but had some ups and downs. Strong hitters and good pitching. Was told that the final two in their pool to advance was between them and 95 Glory but Livewire pulled it off with a final win and 1 point. Flower Mound Rage looked good but their pool games looked easier than the others. 95 Tx Travelers were a big surprise but pulled off a chance to advance. The teams in their pool set up was a little strange with some upsets and surprises. Everyone thought that 94 Glory would advance and even though they beat the Travelers pretty bad, they had some disappointing loses to keep them from moving on. Anyway, kudos to the Travelers for hanging in there when things looked tough after two hard loses.

Sorry but I dont know all the scores.... there were to many to keep up with. Afterall, everyone played at least seven games this weekend.

Congrats to all.[/url]
Flash4

by sportzjunky » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:55 am

Arkansas Livewires = "A" team known for sandbagging in B ..... Glad to see them playing with better teams instead of torqueing down on B's... 'bout time.
The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure.
These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur.
- Vince Lombardi
sportzjunky

by TXFP95 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:50 am

Teams missing High School players? Why would High School players want to play in a 14U OPEN Tournament?
TXFP95

by play4fun » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:58 am

Many freshman are on varisty at their H.S. and the H.S. coaches do not want them playing travel ball during school season. So.... when their H.S. season is over they will pick back up with their travel team and play 14U if that is what the team is playing.
play4fun

by Travel Ball » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:16 pm

This Lawton Sooners team was still short some high school players. Defense was shakey at times, but that could have been pickups, out-of-position, and rust. They will be a top OK team at Hall of Fame and very likely in Midland!

The Texas Travelers' (Splash) was a mixed bag this weekend, so hard to tell what they really have this summer. On Sunday, I saw pickups I recognized from at least the Traveler's (Jones), American Freedom, and Rapid Fire.. But this team should finish at the top in most big tournaments this summer even after losing several key players.

The Fusion were only missing their third baseman from what I could tell, but don't under estimate them despite some games that were much closer than you would expect. From what I saw on Sunday, this is still the team to beat in DFW.

Texas Glory (Elliot) made it to the Sunday bracket, but they didn't play their best ball this weekend. They are much better and will win early this summer. Their biggest hurdle will be trying to earn a berth at Dallas Metro by beating the Fusion (Sidwell) or at Regionals against everyone else. This is one of those very, very good teams that have a long road to Midland because of where they will have to qualify.

The Livewires have added some new girls that joined this fall who can crush the ball and pitch. This is not the same team as last year. Also, they play mostly USSSA in an area where there aren't enough "A" team. They can crush the ball, but their defense is only average. You'll definitely see them at Hall of Fame and Midland this year.

Seems to me someone on another post a week or so back slammed the Texas Elite '94 as a "B" team in the Elite organization. They had a pick up or two from the Batbusters (Montoya) this weekend, but this team is solid! Excellent pitching, some big, big hitters, and solid defense. Looks clear to me they are owed a public apology on this board.

Miscellaneous: Avalanche came out strong on Saturday, but then faded on Sunday. No one really knew why? The new Texas Elite '93 got hammered by the Texas Impact, who can hit the ball hard if they can improve other parts of their game. East Texas Force almost beat the Fusion (Sidwell). Fusion (Poole) looked very good at times. They will play the role of spoiler this summer. Texas Glory '94 was depleted by injuries, so don't assume anything from this weekend. The Austin Stars '93 disaapointed after they didn't play the Bomber Tournament. Seems like the Blaze (Prinzo) is all alone in the Austin-Round Rock area. The OK Force '95 will challenge at 12u.

Great tournament as always in Allen. Fields were unbelievable, bathrooms were clean, umpires were awesome, virtually no "incidents" from what I saw on both fields. The day after and not one complaint about bracket draws. No doubt Allen is "the" future Spring destination for any 14u that wants to test itself. No other "big" tournament compares in terms of facilities. If they include Craig Ranch or one of the Plano complexes next year, look for this tournament to grow beyond 50 teams and include every top Houston, Dallas, Central Texas, and Oklahoma team. Let's hope they do.
Travel Ball

by Flash4 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:20 pm

95 Travelers 5th......Surprise......didn't do to well at Bomber's....were they missing people. Finished ahead of 3rd place finisher from Bombers...the Glory94....also ahead of Austin Stars too. Interesting. Glory 95......out of town teams to tough I see.
Who did the Travelers lose to in the Bombers tournament???? Must of been some real, real, good teams.

mmmmmmmm...... This maybe a parent from the Travelers who doesn't like Glory (94 or 95)? These are the only two teams you seem to show disrespect to in your post. 94 Glory had injuries this weekend according to a previous post and you should knock them for not moving onto bracket play when they beat up on the 95 Travelers 13 - 1 in pool play. 94 Glory will be back in full force and then watch out.

95 Glory played good this weekend from hearsay and if you look.... the Sooners and the Livewire, who moved on in their bracket are both respectable 93 teams. (I think Livewires also has a few 94's) And... the Sooners won the tournament. After Pool C/D came over the Allen Station Park, they said that Glory looked good and even tied Livewire 1-1 and only lost to the Sooners 3-1. (Both 93 Teams) Pretty good for a 95 team.

Heard that the Travelers did not even win a pool game at the Bomber's tournament so yes everyone was surprised that they made their way into bracket play. But wait..... the Bombers was their first tournament of the year so they are starting to work out their kinks and they are playing up in age bracket. Case in point..... don't knock down anyone to early in the year. Travelers made their way back after a BAD Bombers tournament and so will others.
Flash4

by YplayAwhenucanplayB » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:36 am

Not knocking anyone....just using Glory as a comparision. Figure the Glory as the standard....anytime you finish along side them or ahead...I figure you've done well, not that the Glory team(s) didn't. Much respect to the Glory program.
Yeah its early....its early for everyone.....quit with the excuses......
My point was the 95 Travelers did well.....my question was.....what was the difference.....since I wasn't there. Was it the teams they played? Was it the experience of struggling at the Bomber's? Was it a easier pool this weekend? Just curious......not out to bash anyone......struggle or no struggle......everyone knows the 95 Travelers are good enough to make 12 "A" Nationals.....Glory will be there too. The Bombers Tournament had better mix of Houston, Central, South, and Dallas areas teams.....maybe not the best....but a good mix.....better than Allen. There was not ONE good Central, South or Houston area team there. Some solid team.....but not Elite teams or teams that will be in the mix for ASA spots.
Glory and Travelers......Much respect.....good Luck to y'all......see y'all at Nationals
YplayAwhenucanplayB

by sportzjunky » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:50 am

Travel Ball wrote:
The Livewires have added some new girls that joined this fall who can crush the ball and pitch. This is not the same team as last year. Also, they play mostly USSSA in an area where there aren't enough "A" team. They can crush the ball, but their defense is only average. You'll definitely see them at Hall of Fame and Midland this year.

uhhh, livewires have positioned themselves in B for a few years back at this point, and polayed TCS B's last year when they clearly should have played A ball.. Last year I watched them and also most of the top teams in So Cal... Livewires were as good as No Limits from last spring, if anyone wants to rate them vs. So Cal. Arkansas also had a pretty well balanced 94 team called Tomboys last year also, who would compete pretty well with Livewires. Makes me wonder if Tomboys & Livewires came together and went A vs 2 B teams sandbagging and feasting on the state...

My point was I think its good for them to finally play where they should.
The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure.
These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur.
- Vince Lombardi
sportzjunky

by softballfan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:03 am

Great tournament, good umpires and fields. Some of the older teams OK., 93 Travelers, Fusion were very mature teams with older girls and it showed. They should do well at the HOF and Nationals but will move to older brackets soon after. The 94 teams were evenly matched for the most part. The Glory teams performed well and are still the class act. 94 Elite is a strong team and deserves there position. I really liked some of the other teams as well. The East Texas Force played well losing to Fusion (Sidwell)2-1 and Glory 2-1. They could be the Cinderella team this season. Livewires were there usual great hitting team although a little suspect in the field definately an A team but still sandbagging it I saw they signed up for the class B usfa world series shame shame. Impact is very powerful at the plate but not quiet there yet in the field. It should be fun watching 95 Glory and 95 Travelers go at it all season 95 Force will be a contender at HOF and Nationals.
softballfan

Next

Return to TX