Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Top '95 & '96 teams in South Texas...

by YplayAwhenucanplayB » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:24 pm

YplayAwhenucanplayB wrote:Good Job to the 96's, its still a quality accomplishment.....just make sure to take it as it is......be careful who you call out.

READ THE WHOLE LINE......JEEEEZZZZ
YplayAwhenucanplayB

by play4fun » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:54 pm

I did read the whole thing... I agree with you on most of your points but you should not have ended your statement with "be careful who you call out" since know one was being called out.

On another note..... I wish the best for Groove 95, but its hard to say that they are one of the best when they are just reforming. They were a great team in 2006 but then broke apart shortly there after for some sad reason. They have good coaches and I hope that soon they will be back at the top but to say they are now is a little premature.

I could be wrong and hopefully I will be!!!! Its just the begining of the season.
play4fun

by slapper » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:11 pm

Iwas at the 12U Bomber Tournament for a few hours both days and I can say thr Aces and Peppers should be very proud. Anytime you finish ahead of the Glory, TPS, Bombers and Elite you are playing very well.

The Glory 95 is usally a top finisher in any tournament they play in, they are the team to beat week after week in the championship.
The TPS is strong always even if they did loose a few girls they will be tough to beat.
The Bombers 95 is strong this year and has a history of playing well in big tournaments.
The Elite 95 are as good as they come with powerful bats and good pitching.
The Flamethrowers are new but there good pitching will keep them at the top.

My point is this. Even with the Stix, Travelers and Blaze playing up the competition was very good.
slapper

by play4fun » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:50 pm

FYI... Two different Glory teams.

The Glory 95 (Gray) team that was there playing 12U is a new team; they are doing fine and working up to high standards. The 95 Glory that you speak of was not in the tournament.
play4fun

by slapper » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:24 am

play4fun wrote:FYI... Two different Glory teams.

The Glory 95 (Gray) team that was there playing 12U is a new team; they are doing fine and working up to high standards. The 95 Glory that you speak of was not in the tournament.

My bad. I did not realize there was more than one 95 Glory team. The team I saw was pretty strong and if they are not the best 95 they have then the other team must really be good. I don't get to atch a lot of 12U but was very impressed with the top 6 teams I saw at the Bombers tournament.
slapper

by play4fun » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:09 am

That's ok. With all the Glory, Batbusters, Travelers teams floating around it can get confussing. Last year I know that there were 5 12U Glory teams..... two were 94's and three were '95's. To make matters more confussing......the 94's moved up...... Glory (Heins) folded, Glory (red) folded, 95 Glory will always be there I think... but they added Glory (Gray), who seems to be coming out strong and getting stronger.

Maybe they finally got it right with the second Glory team???!

I figured this all out because the 95 Glory, 94 Glory, and 94 Glory Elliott teams play against my daughters 14U team alot since last spring and it can get confussing!!!
play4fun

by Flash4 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:13 am

:roll: 95 Travelers have one 95 team and we could confuss you even more with all the 95 Batbuster teams but I'm not even about to try. :roll:
Flash4

by slapper » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:42 am

Wow 5 12U teams in one organization! Is there really that much talent? It would seem that if one team is much stronger than the rest players/parents would always be wanting to switch teams. I always wondered how it works at tryouts when you have multiple coaches looking for a player and there is one real standout. Who gets first choice?
slapper

Previous

Return to TX