by STE08 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:49 pm

Last 4 teams
Blaze(Prinzo)undefeated

RR Crush waitng

Bombers 94 vs
Corps(Thompson)
STE08

by DonnieS » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:05 pm

94 Bombers beat the Corp - playing the RR Crush.

94 Bombers have played and won 7 games today - to take it all they have to win 2 more games. If they do, they will tie the record of 9 games played and won set by the 10u KC Caboom back in the Schlitterbahn Shootout of 2004.

My niece is on the 94 bombers - my sis tells me all the kids are pumped up, having a blast, full of energy, the parents are exhausted - cant remember when we had so much fun - type of day.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by carchamp252505 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:24 pm

Actually the record is held by 92 Stars at the 14U state last year w / 10 dropping 2nd game and coming back and claiming state title ! Sorry Donnie, KC Kaboom did it in one day right?Because Stars only won 7 on Sunday, so KABOOM does hold record, good job, and good luck to the Bombers, keep us posted.
carchamp252505

by yellow ball » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:40 pm

My daughter pitched against K C kaboom in 2004. At the time my DD was a good pitcher and KC Kaboom knock the stuffings out of my DD. The only way we could slow them down was to put in a pitcher that could not pitch. That was an awesome team. To bad they broke up.
yellow ball

by carchamp252505 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:41 pm

If u dont mind me asking, what ever happened to that team, what teams do they play for ? That team was awesome!!
carchamp252505

by carchamp252505 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:44 pm

What teams do the 2 pitchers play for, if they still play ! What happened to all the girls, is what I meant.
carchamp252505

by DonnieS » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:11 pm

>> What teams do the 2 pitchers play for, if they still play ! What happened to all the girls, is what I meant. <<

KC Caboom broke up about 2 weeks after that Bomber tournament. Kirsten is the blonde pitcher from caboom and Alex Zepeda was the dark hair pitcher - we used to say, switch them out, the only thing that changes was the hair color. Unfortunately, Alex broke her arm sliding into 3rd one night in 2004 (meaningless game damnit) and it took her a long time to recover. She is playing the Sinton High School Pirates and plays with the Alice or Texas Elite 14's when high school ends. She pitches for Elite and looked very good when I have watched her -

Kirsten Schwirtlich and Laura Benavidez still play together, they have been together since they were 9 - Laura caught, played SS, Center and still does those with Kirsten on our 18u Hot Stuff team and Kirsten pitches with the Bomber's South Texas 8's 14u team when she can during the high school dark period. Kirsten also plays tennis, track, volleyball and basketball as well as this is her 2nd year of confirmation at church and so a lot of her Sundays have to be spent at church this spring.

Melony Cavasos (2nd base for Caboom), Victoria Villegos (the home run hitter in that 'If' game the 9 game day), Stacie Garcia, all play for King High School in Corpus (5A). Allie Johnson, the big leftie at 1st base, I heard plays mostly tennis now. The only one of those 4 that I have seen a lot recently is Melony and she looks as tough as she always was, very fast and very smart on the bases. These 4 really have moved to mostly basketball and they play under the KC Caboom name and are quite successful, Mel's mom, Linda is their bb coach I hear. Courtney Hammitt, the left fielder and pitcher, also focuses on basketball as well and she is also on varsity - though for Carroll, I saw her playing 2nd and center a few weeks ago.

Samantha Walsh, the catcher with the cannon arm, also plays for the Elite group as well as the Panthers, and plays high school ball with Ingleside.

We parents/coaches remained good friends and call and congratulate each other as our kids play their respective sports.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by slapper » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:51 pm

DonnieS wrote:94 Bombers beat the Corp - playing the RR Crush.

94 Bombers have played and won 7 games today - to take it all they have to win 2 more games. If they do, they will tie the record of 9 games played and won set by the 10u KC Caboom back in the Schlitterbahn Shootout of 2004.

My niece is on the 94 bombers - my sis tells me all the kids are pumped up, having a blast, full of energy, the parents are exhausted - cant remember when we had so much fun - type of day.

I got to see a few games today. This has been a great tournament for the 94 Bombers. After losing to a strong 95 Blaze Red to open the tournament they have battled hard. You also cant take anything away from the Blaze Prinzo going undefeated in this tough field. It seems no matter what tournament the Blaze Prizo team plays in a they have to play a Bomber team for the Championship.
Last edited by slapper on Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slapper

by DonnieS » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:53 pm

94 Bombers lost to RR Crush (i think) 3-2 - 7 victories today for the 94 Bombers - and I dont know who is left - sis went home.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to TX