Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Blaze Lonestar Softball Classic

by 18'sdad » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:14 pm

This tournament could turn out pretty interesting. The Blaze are offering a 7 game guarantee on 4/18/08. Here is a list of teams already registered in the 14U division.

Blaze Prizno
Stix-Myrick
93 Austin Stars
94 Bombers
Liberty Hill Lightning
94 Austin Storm.

This will provide a lot of head to head match ups with some of the teams that everyone is talking about being the top teams in Central Texas. Would be nice if the Crush, 8's and STE08 Alice would jump in.
18'sdad

by 93players » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:55 pm

I like the 70 minute finish the inning games. The two or three 50 minute pool game drop dead format is a complete waste of time. 70 minute head to head 7 GG like the Allen tourneys build strong teams that compete well in nationals. This one should be very interesting.
93players

by YplayAwhenucanplayB » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:02 pm

What Happened Here!?!?!?!?
YplayAwhenucanplayB

by YplayAwhenucanplayB » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:10 pm

14u
Looks like 8's got back in the winner's circle......did coach get tossed??
Stars???? Surprising, abit
Stix....another strong showing

10u
Crossfire......how do they compare to the other 10u in Houston?
Young Legends.....another strong team from the Waco area
Austin Finest.....third??? What happened here??
YplayAwhenucanplayB

by CalliesMom » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:15 pm

YplayAwhenucanplayB wrote:
10u

We had some friends playing in this division and word was that the Crossfire and Young Legends were both awesome teams. Crossfire apparently had a monster pitcher being clocked at the game and registering 50+. However, this family gave the best team vote to Young Legends - said every girl played hard and knew her position well. Obviously a very well coached team. They also reported that the play by Austin's Finest was not that impressive.
CalliesMom

by 18'sdad » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:26 pm

Only 6 teams in 14U, but turned out to be a good tournament. Hats off to the Blaze for running a good tournament. The Stix had a strong showing. With the exception of Liberty Hill they beat everyone in the tourney atleast once. Played 5 games back to back on on Sunday and lost to a the Stars for 3rd place. The Stars had a rough time in seed play on Saturday, but hit their stride late that afternoon and played some very good softball on Sunday. Did not get to watch to many of the 8's games. I got some score updates from Donnie. They got back on track this weekend. They put a lot of teams away early on Sunday. The Bombers had a tough weekend. Stix beat them twice, Storm beat them, Liberty Hill beat them, don't know about the other teams.
18'sdad

by daddyball1 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:05 pm

CalliesMom wrote:
YplayAwhenucanplayB wrote:
10u

We had some friends playing in this division and word was that the Crossfire and Young Legends were both awesome teams. Crossfire apparently had a monster pitcher being clocked at the game and registering 50+. However, this family gave the best team vote to Young Legends - said every girl played hard and knew her position well. Obviously a very well coached team. They also reported that the play by Austin's Finest was not that impressive.

Crossfire - Solid Team in Houston Area about third best behind TPS and Redhots. Tied for 5th in Bomber Shootout with Texas Glory. TPS was second and Redhots 4th.
Young Legends - Not a very strong team compared to Dallas Metro and Houston Metro teams. Did not place at Bomber Shootout.
Austin's Finest - They finished about were they should have. Did not place in Bombers Shootout.
daddyball1

by fastpitchguru » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:02 pm

I got a chance to get out on sunday to see this tournament and made a point to watch the 8's coach and see him in action. I was quite surprised , what I saw was a coach that joked and seemed to interact very well with all the umpires on and off the field! The team the 8's looked to have bounced back fairly well and there is no doubt that the pitcher that they have been missing made a huge difference. But what I also saw was them hit the ball like crazy! They seemed to hit the ball one thru nine! As well their leadoff hitter is unbelievably fast! , seemed to get on base at will! Scott coached the game as well as I have seen a game coached in a very long time. You can tell they teach those kids to run bases!!! I just thought it might be worth seeing for myself and it was worth the trip! As well I was very impressed with the Stars team they look to be a team to watch for this season!
fastpitchguru

by slapper » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:30 pm

fastpitchguru wrote:I got a chance to get out on sunday to see this tournament and made a point to watch the 8's coach and see him in action. I was quite surprised , what I saw was a coach that joked and seemed to interact very well with all the umpires on and off the field! The team the 8's looked to have bounced back fairly well and there is no doubt that the pitcher that they have been missing made a huge difference. But what I also saw was them hit the ball like crazy! They seemed to hit the ball one thru nine! As well their leadoff hitter is unbelievably fast! , seemed to get on base at will! Scott coached the game as well as I have seen a game coached in a very long time. You can tell they teach those kids to run bases!!! I just thought it might be worth seeing for myself and it was worth the trip! As well I was very impressed with the Stars team they look to be a team to watch for this season!

I have played against the Bomber teams and in many of their tournaments and this is what you will see most of the time. I have only seen one other Bomber coach thrown out of a tournament and it wasn't Scott. They have great players and good coaching.

The Stix did have some very good pitching this weekend and the Stars had some big hitters. These teams will look even better after high school is over.
slapper

by YplayAwhenucanplayB » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:49 pm

[quote]I got a chance to get out on sunday to see this tournament and made a point to watch the 8's coach and see him in action. I was quite surprised , what I saw was a coach that joked and seemed to interact very well with all the umpires on and off the field!quote]

I guess the umpires must have been decent.....or atleast not as bad as the San Marcos/NB/Seguin jokers there.
YplayAwhenucanplayB

Return to TX