Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

New Braunfels - Coach gets tossed, team has to forfeit????

by wadeintothem » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:10 pm

slapper wrote:Wow! A smart AZZ umpire with a chip on his sholder. I almost never see that in Central TX.

Hey! I may be a smart ass, but I dont have a chip on my shoulder. I like you whiney parents and sniveling coaches. I definitely dont run around tossing coaches without reason and fully believe the head coach has a DUTY to represent his team to me.. and I for sure dont punish players by forfeiting a game flippantly, even if the coach is an ass.

Softball is fun stuff! Relax a little. Have fun. Maybe move out of Texas and come to where good softball is played! :P
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by STE08 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:14 pm

You are probably right, did not mean to come off SARCASTIC, but I was just trying to get this out, not here to bash anyone. You come off talking about my long sentence, I really don't think that is right, so I apologize sir for being sarcastic. I don't want any enemies on this site or on the field, unfortunately thats not possible, but avoidable at times. You have a good evening and once again I apologize !!

Greg-STE08
STE08

by STE08 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:24 pm

Hey but answer me one thing, if you make a call at second base(safe),the girl is calling time and manager is calling time-you just look at me and gradually walk over to 2nd which in this case ; I mean no JOKE it took 35-45 seconds for him to walk over and examine the play which he has already made. Runner toeing the bag and SS still applying tag. ARE YOU GONNA REVERSE YOUR CALL ? SS can push foot off/SS can pick up dropped ball/runner can dislodge ball and many other things(SCENARIOS) can happen !! where do you make the call from-inside the diamond or outside(proper positon) ?
STE08

by wadeintothem » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:02 pm

STE08 wrote:Hey but answer me one thing, if you make a call at second base(safe),the girl is calling time and manager is calling time-you just look at me and gradually walk over to 2nd which in this case ; I mean no JOKE it took 35-45 seconds for him to walk over and examine the play which he has already made. Runner toeing the bag and SS still applying tag. ARE YOU GONNA REVERSE YOUR CALL ? SS can push foot off/SS can pick up dropped ball/runner can dislodge ball and many other things(SCENARIOS) can happen !! where do you make the call from-inside the diamond or outside(proper positon) ?

Re your apology! No problem.. and my apologies if I am a smart ass :) Character flaw.

If that really happened... first thing I do is avoid that stuff because I am not a crappy umpire. I am quick and I am there on the play. I've been in a few games where I was umpire by myself and told them "dont move" while I ran up to look. But it would only take a few seconds... and in those couple of cases I didnt make my call until I was there. Those instances were both on a local diamond that is like a playing in a sand box and the base just gets covered completely with dirt. Tough to make that call from 60 +/- feet away in 1 man.

If this was just 1 man.. the team will need to take some lumps even with a good umpire because that is not even close to adequate coverage on the field (adequate being 3 man).

Assuming this was a tourney standard 2 a man crew with a Runner @ 1B, the umpire would have been somewhere behind F4 to start with and should have been paralleling the runner on the steal but beating them and set when the play fully developed - A good position for the call would be out side, 6+ feet away with a good 90 degree angle on the bag.

Why would it take 35 - 40 seconds to get anywhere on the diamond? Did he slip into a coma on the way?
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
wadeintothem

by DonnieS » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:32 am

>> Maybe move out of Texas and come to where good softball is played! <<

Love to - but having to pay 800k for 150k homes sure makes it tough.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to TX