Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

New Braunfels - Coach gets tossed, team has to forfeit????

by SeeYouSoon » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:01 pm

looks like reality set in for the 8's. they do have some talent especially when you add Scotts two girls and an exceptional ex Gator Girl turned Freedom. Those three girls will make any team a contender. But the 8's where only going to go as far as the the right arm of #16 would carry them and apparently she wasnt there. The kid from Corpus is the best pitcher this area has seen, and one of... if not THE best in the state. Without her the 8's are no more than the 93 bombers and three great pick up players.
SeeYouSoon

by YplayAwhenucanplayB » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:05 pm

Amen----------

People............the biggest problem here is the umpires. I'm telling you....the crew that runs around San Marcos/Seguin/New Braunfels..........they are LAZY. They are a few reasonable, quality blues, but the majority need help. Are those guys even ASA certified? My DD played College ball, played in Dallas and Houston, all over the state.........these guys ARE the worse!!!!
Why did the Bombers coach get so hot???? What pissed him sooooo bad??? Oh, home-cooking........it isn't that.....they're just that bad.

TD's in those areas need to be care. Situations like this reflect back on the blues and TD's too.
YplayAwhenucanplayB

by DonnieS » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:38 pm

Dont want to scare anyone but one of the big reasons we come up to play in that area is because the blues are so much better - not all, by any means. Playing up in that area, I have never had to explain the rules to the blues - had some fairly major discussions with one blue that called one of my players a liar, but I have never had to explain LBR like I have had to in Corpus. We have some good ones, in fact two of the best I have seen anywhere are down in Corpus, but I never draw those guys, I get the dip that should be calling 8u at best.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by txfpmom » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:02 pm

In this particular game, the biggest problem was not the umpires. As the Bombers coach stated earlier, there were no game changing calls in this game. Sure, there were some calls that could have gone either way, as is typical in every game, but absolutely nothing that warranted the endless temper tantrum from this guy. I'm guessing the umpire might not have been one of the regulars at the Bomber tournaments. He stated after the game that he had never seen anything like that before.
txfpmom

by slapper » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:19 pm

I am not taking sides here but if Scott really wanted to get thrown out or at least didn't care if he did because of the umpires being so lazy wouldn't the bad umps be the real issue? Scott probably could have handled this better but what would you have done? In an earlier post someone asked why not just quit in protest? I would never play for a coach who did that. What options do you have when the umps are really bad? You either bitch, quit or accept it and I do't like any of the options.
slapper

by Go4it » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:11 pm

DonnieS - I love the resemblance. No Slapper - you deal with it, no matter what the Blues did or did not do in your favor. I have a lot respect for these guys willing to spend their weekend making a couple hundred dollars in the extreme temparatures, including the parents and coaches, going crazy because a pitch was not called a strike or they missed a bang-bang call on the bases, or whatever went against one team but for the other. I have told my daughter many times, who happens to pitch, that it is not her strike zone, but only the person calling the balls and strikes. Many of these Blues that many are alleging as incompetent I have seen ump high school games in the area and I have seen some of them in Dallas and Houston for College Showcase tournaments. How about you coaches start dealing with the Blues as you do with the other intangibles of the game such as the weather, your players having a bad day or game, bad luck bounces and the other team just taking it to you. Maybe if the TD's would start playing tournament games by innings, rather than the 65-70 time period, you might see a reduction in the antics some of these coaches are doing to either "slow the game down" or "speed it up", depending on whether they are ahead or behind. Quit blaming someone else if your team gets beat and give credit to the team that defeated you. That's what it is all about, GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP! So start showing it. Take care
Go4it

by GREENCH » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:15 pm

Go4it wrote:DonnieS - I love the resemblance. No Slapper - you deal with it, no matter what the Blues did or did not do in your favor. I have a lot respect for these guys willing to spend their weekend making a couple hundred dollars in the extreme temparatures, including the parents and coaches, going crazy because a pitch was not called a strike or they missed a bang-bang call on the bases, or whatever went against one team but for the other. I have told my daughter many times, who happens to pitch, that it is not her strike zone, but only the person calling the balls and strikes. Many of these Blues that many are alleging as incompetent I have seen ump high school games in the area and I have seen some of them in Dallas and Houston for College Showcase tournaments. How about you coaches start dealing with the Blues as you do with the other intangibles of the game such as the weather, your players having a bad day or game, bad luck bounces and the other team just taking it to you. Maybe if the TD's would start playing tournament games by innings, rather than the 65-70 time period, you might see a reduction in the antics some of these coaches are doing to either "slow the game down" or "speed it up", depending on whether they are ahead or behind. Quit blaming someone else if your team gets beat and give credit to the team that defeated you. That's what it is all about, GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP! So start showing it. Take care

Nicely said :!:
GREENCH

by slapper » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:39 pm

Go4it wrote:DonnieS - I love the resemblance. No Slapper - you deal with it, no matter what the Blues did or did not do in your favor. I have a lot respect for these guys willing to spend their weekend making a couple hundred dollars in the extreme temparatures, including the parents and coaches, going crazy because a pitch was not called a strike or they missed a bang-bang call on the bases, or whatever went against one team but for the other. I have told my daughter many times, who happens to pitch, that it is not her strike zone, but only the person calling the balls and strikes. Many of these Blues that many are alleging as incompetent I have seen ump high school games in the area and I have seen some of them in Dallas and Houston for College Showcase tournaments. How about you coaches start dealing with the Blues as you do with the other intangibles of the game such as the weather, your players having a bad day or game, bad luck bounces and the other team just taking it to you. Maybe if the TD's would start playing tournament games by innings, rather than the 65-70 time period, you might see a reduction in the antics some of these coaches are doing to either "slow the game down" or "speed it up", depending on whether they are ahead or behind. Quit blaming someone else if your team gets beat and give credit to the team that defeated you. That's what it is all about, GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP! So start showing it. Take care

I think its great how everyone has nailed Scott to the wall for his actions when none of you other coaches/parents or players have ever felt anger towards an umpire. I also think its very nice of you to be willing to pay an ump who does a bad job and be happy about it because its only 100 degrees for them and I am sure they would be willing to do it for free if you just asked them in a nice way. I also assume you do not like it when a football team runs out the clock by dropping to knee. I agree with you on the time limit but that is not how this and many tournaments are played. I love the 5-6 inning tournament but I don't think Scott was yelling at the ump about the time, I belive it was about their lack of effort. I also belive he did get on here and give all the credit to the Wildfire for the win and not the umps.

Again I thinks it great how you deal with it and never get upset when things don't go your way. You are quite a guy.
slapper

by DonnieS » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:47 pm

>> DonnieS - I love the resemblance. <<

When you got it, flaunt it.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by slapper » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:19 pm

DonnieS wrote:>> DonnieS - I love the resemblance. <<

When you got it, flaunt it.

I don't care who you are thats funny!!!
slapper