Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

New Braunfels - Coach gets tossed, team has to forfeit????

by YplayAwhenucanplayB » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:44 am

Heard a coach, not sure what teams.....got tossed and his/her team had to forfeit??? Don't really know any more than that. If it was the same umpiring crew from the Bomber's tournament.....its not surprising......the umps are really cocky and blow allot of calls. I recommend TD's to stay away from this crew.
YplayAwhenucanplayB

by 18'sdad » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:01 am

I heard the Blaze 95 won this tourney. Anyone know the order of finish??
18'sdad

by 93players » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:30 am

We had gone by the time this happened. Heard it was in the Wildfire vs 8s game. One or two of the 8s coaches were tossed. Constant berating of the umpires about calls was the cause. Coach used some F bombs, and was tossed. When the second coach pushed the heat on the umps, they called the game and caused the 8s to lose their last at bat. The 95 Blaze put the 8s in the loser's bracket and I heard the Wildfire was putting on a hitting clinic against them when this happened. The Wildfire beat the 8s a couple of weeks ago in a very close game in ITB. The 8s team is so talented top to bottom. They must have had an off weekend.
93players

by YplayAwhenucanplayB » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:04 am

Now if the Wildfire can get in a tournament without the Blaze, maybe they can finish in the top 3 ;) Wildfire is awesome.....talented kids.....but for some reason they come up short at the end. Oh, who ever said that #9 was good........they aren't kidding. Heard she blasted a homerun on the 8's.

Order of Finish -
Blaze 95 (too crazy)
Elgin Prowlers
94 Bombers
Wildfire
Crush and 8's (I think)

Like to see the Freeze Blue get in there.....mix it up a bit!!!
YplayAwhenucanplayB

by CalliesMom » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:13 am

Good to see those Prowlers start playing again. That's the group of girls from the LL World Series. From what I understand, they were all a little tired after last summer and haven't really started playing again until this Spring. Good luck to them!
CalliesMom

by 375_comp __47_core » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:35 am

Too Funny!

It was Wildfire 9 and Eights 4 with 5 min to go and WF was home team.
WF had 4 HR's...so the umps had little to do with the outcome other than they had heard enough and ended it early.

On Saturday games were ending at 65 minutes anyway....instead of 70. It's never consistent...so you better have a lead after 1 hour....because time vanishes when it's not on a scoreboard where everyone can see it. Best place for this is Riverbend Park in Waco...scoreboards with a clock that ticks down from 70 minutes then goes to seconds in the last minute...no arguments about the time.

1) Blaze 95
2) Prowlers 93
3) Bombers 94
4) Wildfire (WF)
T5) Crush and Eights
Others - Corps (Thompson)
Last edited by 375_comp __47_core on Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
375_comp __47_core

by ChangeUP » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:00 am

375_comp __47_core wrote: Best place for this is Riverbend Park in Waco...scoreboards with a clock that ticks down from 70 minutes then goes to seconds in the last minute...no arguments about the time.

Waco? Are you saying we should all play in Waco because they have score boards w/ clocks?
ChangeUP

by txfpmom » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:28 am

This 8's/Bombers 92 coach's behavior was inexcusable during the entire game. I didn't see the Blaze 95 vs. 8's game, but he must have already been blowing steam before they ever got to the Wildfire game. He was harassing the blues beginning with the first pitch of the game.

He spent at least 30 minutes talking with his players after the big scene when he got thrown out. I sure hope he was apologizing to them. Most players/parents just would not put up with that kind of behavior from a coach.
txfpmom

by YplayAwhenucanplayB » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:29 am

Waco? Are you saying we should all play in Waco because they have score boards w/ clocks?

No.....that they have umps that can count. If those were the same San Marcos/New Braunfels umps.......that's not surprising. TDs keep using those guys......you'll have teams stop showing soon. I'm sure the 8's won't using those guys anytime soon.
YplayAwhenucanplayB

by YplayAwhenucanplayB » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:38 am

txfpmom or anyone.......why was he sooooo upset? What pushed him over?

Was it the strikes being called under knee caps again? Isn't the zone the top of the knee??
Was it the 10 second rule for a coach to give a signal??? But when the Blues wanted to call it?
Was it the the fact the base ump was making a call at first behind the SS because he was to lazy to get closer? Was there a obstruction not called because both blues were watching a ground ball to center? Was it because a blue called an out before the play was over, then the player dropped the ball? What was it??? Wish I was there........those blues are the best.

YplaySanMarcosNewBraunfelswhenucangetbetterumpinginDallasorHouston
YplayAwhenucanplayB

Next

Return to TX