Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

San Marcos/Seguin/New Braunfels Umps??? Thoughts????

by YplayAwhenucanplayB » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:18 pm

San Marcos/Seguin/New Braunfels Umps...........what do you think?
Who's got the best officials?

What crews can I get excited about?

Which ones should I stay away from?

How much does the umpiring crews factor in to your choices on tournaments?
YplayAwhenucanplayB

by DonnieS » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:40 pm

Dont want to scare anyone but one of the big reasons we come up to play in that area is because the blues are so much better - not all, by any means. Playing up in that area, I have never had to explain the rules to the blues - had some fairly major discussions with one blue that called one of my players a liar, but I have never had to explain LBR like I have had to in Corpus. We have some good ones, in fact two of the best I have seen anywhere are down in Corpus, but I never draw those guys, I get the dip that should be calling 8u at best.

How big a factor is this - very big - two areas we wont play in because of the blues.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by slapper » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:25 pm

This area has some of the worst umpires in the state. I have not seen the large amount of bad umps in Houston or DFW. I just assume when we play in this area we have to do everything we can to remove all doubt on any play. If you leave it up to the umps on a bang bang play at the end of the game you may not like the outcome. This is very difficult when the teams are evenly matched but in the long run it may make you a better player by playing with these umps.
slapper

by sftballjnkie » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:23 am

We played in the Bomber's tournament this year. (10U though) I don't remember any real issues with the blues there. No more than anywhere else we play. The only place I know of that we 've stayed away from due to bad umps is Deer Park in the Houston area. That's the only place I've ever seen really bad behavior by umps.
sftballjnkie

Return to TX