Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Adidas Futures Tournament/Tryouts

by Clever Name Here » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:48 pm

NumeroUno wrote:How many of you have heard from your DD's travel ball coach that they are not allowed to try out on an Adidas team.

was waiting for that.......... ;)
Clever Name Here

by Joe » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:02 pm

NumeroUno wrote:How many of you have heard from your DD's travel ball coach that they are not allowed to try out on an Adidas team.

Trying out for another team? Why would any coach "allow" it?
Joe

by softballrulznut » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:22 pm

So someone please do tell about the major differences in the mizuno ran tryout and the glory ran tryout. I heard through the grapevine that glory tryout drew 80+ players for just their one team and that it was much more organized as well.
softballrulznut

by spideytruck » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:38 pm

I counted about 47 to 50. The weather was very nice compared to the Courtney/Jason tryout. The main difference between the two was the simple fact that if you were not already on a Glory team you would have to leave your travel ball team and join Glory. This will surely limit any new talent. I would be very surprised if they pick anyone that was not already Glory.
spideytruck

by FastTrack » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:43 am

I counted about 60 when it started. It was set up more like a tryout. They had two cuts yesterday, one i'n morning then one after hitting. Then they will have another cut Sunday after that workout. I went to both tryouts and this one was ready for that many kids unlike the other one. To me talent wise, this was the better tryout.
FastTrack

by honcho55 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:10 pm

Very interesting......as far as organization of the "tryout" went, I won't comment! But, with the demand that you join the glory team if you made their futures team, I would expect all hell to b breaking loose right now! Just in the last couple of weeks, the courney/jason tandem has been getting ripped for recruiting, stealing players, the % of players on their adidas teams from outside fusion/impulse/freedom, yet nary a peep concerning the Glory Empire. I felt while attending the first Adidas tryout (Jason/courney) that there were many very good players from the metroplex missing. I also am curious why the freedom folks who were on here bashing, and whining about being left without a team, etc. didn't answer my question as to how many players that Impulse "stole". Maybe they don't want to open a can of worms about how spreading BS about someone, can certainly come back to bite them.....you know the whole glass house thing! But I certainly am amazed at some of the goings on right now in North Texas! Honcho Out! :ugeek:
honcho55

by honcho55 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:23 pm

And specifically to sftbljunkie,

The remaining players should have been picked up by either LeBeau, Randall, or Tim if what courtney "supposedly" said was untrue! So it appears to me as if no one was "left twisting in the wind". Just curious, as I am waiting for your response to how many Impulse "stole"
honcho55

by softballrulznut » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:24 pm

honcho55 wrote:Very interesting......as far as organization of the "tryout" went, I won't comment! But, with the demand that you join the glory team if you made their futures team, I would expect all hell to b breaking loose right now! Just in the last couple of weeks, the courney/jason tandem has been getting ripped for recruiting, stealing players, the % of players on their adidas teams from outside fusion/impulse/freedom, yet nary a peep concerning the Glory Empire. I felt while attending the first Adidas tryout (Jason/courney) that there were many very good players from the metroplex missing. I also am curious why the freedom folks who were on here bashing, and whining about being left without a team, etc. didn't answer my question as to how many players that Impulse "stole". Maybe they don't want to open a can of worms about how spreading BS about someone, can certainly come back to bite them.....you know the whole glass house thing! But I certainly am amazed at some of the goings on right now in North Texas! Honcho Out! :ugeek:

It's my understanding that it is NOT true that Glory is making players leave their current organization to play for the Glory/Adidas. Maybe that is why no one has bashed Glory like they did Jason/Courtney. Maybe they actually did things right compared to those two? I could be wrong but it's a guess.
softballrulznut

by honcho55 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:57 pm

Well your info differs from mine, however it will be interesting to see once all of the rosters become public! I don't really care either way, but I DO care when people aren't equal on treatment and accountability, or don't get called on their BS.
honcho55

by softballrulznut » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:23 pm

I'm also curious as to why you won't compare tryouts?

Glory held three different sessions. They did fielding in the outfield because infield was too wet. The cut down a few players and invited others back for additional looks during an indoor hitting session. Then they invited others to come back for a final workout on Sunday where they scrimmaged.

Obviously, they took a great deal more effort in evaluating the players who showed up to try out for their team. Compared to the complaints listed about Jason/Courtney's tryout. Given that almost everyone (Mizuno supporter or basher) agreed that the cold, the number of players, and the format did not allow for much of an evaluation, yet Jason and Courtney thought they were smart enough to form these two teams. This coming from two people who have never even been a head coach for an 18u gold team? Glory, on the other hand, took their time gave everyone lots of work and waited for good weather to make their cuts. That certainly gives off the impression that those two already knew who they were taking.
softballrulznut

PreviousNext

Return to TX