Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

DFW High School DI Commitments by Team

by justawatcher » Wed May 04, 2011 7:54 am

If these teams are so bad and are really taking people for their life savings and then some, why would you not want to share that information? Why would you stand by and let this vicious cycle continue in the Dallas / Fort Worth area? I know lots of kids that play for most of those teams from both ends of the financial spectrum and none of them have mentioned the claims you made. If what you're saying is true though, why not make it public to warn all those families who are certain to show up at tryouts in a few months?
justawatcher

by DOG310 » Wed May 04, 2011 8:11 am

Don't feed the troll :P Unless, of course, you enjoy it :lol:
DOG310

by Joe » Wed May 04, 2011 8:46 am

justawatcher wrote:If these teams are so bad and are really taking people for their life savings and then some, why would you not want to share that information? Why would you stand by and let this vicious cycle continue in the Dallas / Fort Worth area? I know lots of kids that play for most of those teams from both ends of the financial spectrum and none of them have mentioned the claims you made. If what you're saying is true though, why not make it public to warn all those families who are certain to show up at tryouts in a few months?

Justa

What thread are you reading? Never said any of your top 5 were "bad". In fact, the results show that they can get the job done...for a price. For those who can't afford the fees and the drive to McKinney, what are the alternatives? I believe I've named a few...
Joe

by justawatcher » Wed May 04, 2011 9:07 am

Joe wrote:Justa

What thread are you reading? Never said any of your top 5 were "bad". In fact, the results show that they can get the job done...for a price. For those who can't afford the fees and the drive to McKinney, what are the alternatives? I believe I've named a few...

If I ask a guy on the street about some softball organizations and he tells me about several that I could join but if I did my DD would be a "slave to the organization" and I will "go broke" playing for them, I'm thinking that's "bad." If you view your quotes as describing "good" then we can just agree to disagree.

Good or bad though, you have not explained what you meant by them. So you are either hiding what is bad about these organizations or you are not willing to share what is so good. You mentioned fees and driving to McKinney. Last time I checked, Glory Adkins, Impulse, Rapid Fire, Fusion, Tigers, Freedom are not from McKinney. I'll just throw that one out. Lots of people drive to play softball. College bound or not, if you live in Mesquite are you saying you should never drive to White Settlement to play?

So basically it's just the team fees? Seriously? You're saying that people are actually going broke because they are paying team fees? What, in your opinion, is a fair amount for 1 calendar year of team fees?
justawatcher

by rodehardputawaywet » Wed May 04, 2011 9:11 am

Joe, what does it cost to play for Trouble for the year?
rodehardputawaywet

by liveintex » Wed May 04, 2011 9:21 am

The list pretty much sums up what we all know, pay the Glory factory and you'll get your D1 ride. Very interesting about some of the others such as Elite & the Tigers though, the latter only because of the cost involved.

IMO, the D1 list is really irrelevent though because, unless you're on the World Cup team, the softball opportunities for our girls end after college. Many of these D1 schools have great athletic programs but educationally they are middle of the road. I'd be curious to see if a list exists of how many "college bound" players these teams have, regardless of classification. Although on a lesser scale softball-wise, there are many D2/D3/NAIA schools that offer degree programs much better than big name programs that will take your child much further than a big name school will do.

Good list though, it provided more surprises than I expected.
liveintex

by justawatcher » Wed May 04, 2011 9:28 am

liveintex wrote:The list pretty much sums up what we all know, pay the Glory factory and you'll get your D1 ride. Very interesting about some of the others such as Elite & the Tigers though, the latter only because of the cost involved.

How much does it cost to play for Glory, Elite, and Tigers?
justawatcher

by liveintex » Wed May 04, 2011 9:35 am

justawatcher wrote:
liveintex wrote:The list pretty much sums up what we all know, pay the Glory factory and you'll get your D1 ride. Very interesting about some of the others such as Elite & the Tigers though, the latter only because of the cost involved.

I really have no idea. I can tell you that we pay $500 for the year (up front) and we play pretty much every other weekend. We also do fundraisers of course. I have heard, but please note not from a Tigers parent, that it's about $2K a year to play for them.
liveintex

by justawatcher » Wed May 04, 2011 9:47 am

liveintex wrote:
justawatcher wrote:

I really have no idea. I can tell you that we pay $500 for the year (up front) and we play pretty much every other weekend. We also do fundraisers of course. I have heard, but please note not from a Tigers parent, that it's about $2K a year to play for them.

I have heard that about the Tigers as well from multiple parents in the organization. All teams are different as far as doing fundraisers, etc. but I've never heard that Glory or Elite is too much higher than what you mentioned and I know many families in both organizations. Dallas Tigers pays their coaches. I'm not aware of any other organization that does this though. That is probably the main reason for the gap in fees.
justawatcher

by Joe » Wed May 04, 2011 10:22 am

rodehardputawaywet wrote:Joe, what does it cost to play for Trouble for the year?

No clue, but know they do it on a shoestring budget.
Joe

PreviousNext

Return to TX