Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

DFW High School DI Commitments by Team

by justawatcher » Wed May 04, 2011 1:30 pm

americanfreedom wrote:For clarification, I'm pretty certain that at least the following numbers of current/former players will attribute their Div. I opportunity primarily, if not entirely, to their time with/efforts of the American Freedom. Click on the Alumni link on our website to see all former players for which the American Freedom has played a critical role in the scholarship process.

American Freedom
2014 - 0
2013 - 0
2012 - 2 (1 current; 1 who now plays for SA Hitt Gold)
2011 - 7 (2 current; 2 who now play for SA Hitt Gold, 1 for Texas Glory Gold (Adkins), and 1 for Texas Elite Gold (Bell))

I would add that the American Freedom Gold (Trout) has signed or verbally committed two 2011s to Div. 1 and has two 2012s wth Div. I offers pending, adding to these totals above.

I am not sure the intent of your post, but identifying what team is primarily responsible for helping get a player recruited at any level is a difficult, if not impossible, task just by looking at a website of current players. Some players receive initial attention, and even offers, because of work done by travel team coaches other than the travel team for whom the player actually plays. It is a very fluid process and often involves many, many different people and relationships. The American Freedom is proud of its effots to cooperate with all of the programs named here to help all kids on all teams get the exposure necessary to achieve their goals of playing in college at any level.

My intent of the post was nothing more than information gathered from websites. A friend of mine who is in the DFW area and I were talking about organizations for his DD and DI ball is an important factor in their decision to make a move. Thinking on this conversation, I wanted to verify that some of the things I told him were in fact true and decided to post my findings. In your change for the 2012 class, even if we were to take into consideration the player not included, she is not even on a DFW team. I did not see the player listed on your website and I did disclaim in my initial post that this was "according to the team website."

In your 2011 class you say seven, but only listed 6. I'll assume a typo. Same goes for the Hitt girls as in the 2012 class.

I didn't see any information on the 2 from Randy's team on his website and this is a list of commits. Ergo, none of those kids mentioned would be in my findings.

As for your argument though, I completely understand and this was not intended on offending any organization. It was simply a finding of information from websites-including yours. If public information being accurate to your standards, you might reference that on your website that anyone with a computer can look at.

americanfreedom wrote:To me, this thread appears to me to be a discussion of which organization a parent would want to consider based on that organization's historical successes at helping kids achieve Div. I goals. If a player plays 3-4 years with Team X, and while playing solely for that organization is offered and accepts a Div. I scholarship, but thereafter, decides to switch to Team Y to save money, why would you attribute that player/scholarship to the work/reputation/schedule/relationships/etc. of Team Y.

If this post is merely a list of current Div. I commitments/verbals on identified team's rosters then I suppose I misread the intent of the poster. And yes, some teams list of commitments/verbals will go up and others will go down if you look to identify which team a player really played for when offered/accepted a Div. I offer.

Yes, as stated initially this is just a list of my findings on team websites. If it were intended to be a discussion of which organization a parent would want to consider based on that organization's historical successes at helping kids achieve Div. I goals, it would simply be reiterating what is on your (and the other listed team's) website(s). My post is not going to deter parents from making a decision any more than your own website will.
justawatcher

by soreshins » Wed May 04, 2011 2:16 pm

Americanfreedom-

I understand the desire to defend your organization, but this is not the place. You can't win here and dignifying the comments with a response doesn't help you. If your numbers are not great, it does not look good to "borrow" another team's numbers.

Your website says what it says. I know some parents and players look at team websites to get a gauge on an organization. When looking for a gold team the percentage of players signed/committed is an important factor. Make sure your signings/commitments are up to date.

Generally, you shouldn't claim a player who no longer plays on your team. The "I get 'em signed and then they leave" argument does not make your organization look good. The "I get 'em signed and they're so thankful they want to play for me forever" is much more compelling
soreshins

by americanfreedom » Wed May 04, 2011 2:37 pm

soreshins wrote:Americanfreedom-

I understand the desire to defend your organization, but this is not the place. You can't win here and dignifying the comments with a response doesn't help you. If your numbers are not great, it does not look good to "borrow" another team's numbers.

Your website says what it says. I know some parents and players look at team websites to get a gauge on an organization. When looking for a gold team the percentage of players signed/committed is an important factor. Make sure your signings/commitments are up to date.

Generally, you shouldn't claim a player who no longer plays on your team. The "I get 'em signed and then they leave" argument does not make your organization look good. The "I get 'em signed and they're so thankful they want to play for me forever" is much more compelling

Welll, I supposed. But of course, therein in is the flawed logic of a post like this one that is intended to imply more than the information given.

First, the American Freedom organization has been among the top organizations in North Texas over the last two years in helping our own AF kids continue to play at the Div. I level (and Div. II level). As stated, we have six 2011s and two 2012s, who were offered/accepted Div. I offers while playing exclusively for the American Freedom. Two more who played for AF Gold (Trout). We post current players on the front page and alumni who were offered/verballed while on our team under a seperate link with the years played. Don't really know any other way to do it to keep it clear.

But your comment that once a player leaves then you should forget about them seems equally flawed. Sometimes a player verbals early and then joins another organization for a lot of reason such as "save money," which is one of the underlying themes of this post. Sometimes it is to take on a different leadership role on a the new team. It doesn't mean the kid is any less a legacy of a program or makes an organization "look bad." To imply it does is to demonstrate a flawed understanding of the recruiting process and the Gold level. The Texas Impact Gold has players sign and leave all of the time, and I'm pretty sure you don't put them in the category of "bad" programs.

But you're right, I've stayed off Heybucket for a long time, and now remember why. I will follow your advice, and do so again rather than try to actually have a rational discussion.
Tim Soefje
American Freedom Gold
Cell: (972) 922-8866
Email: americanfreedomgold@yahoo.com
http://www.americanfreedomgold.com
americanfreedom

by AF Gold » Wed May 04, 2011 2:45 pm

justawatcher wrote:

I didn't see any information on the 2 from Randy's team on his website and this is a list of commits. Ergo, none of those kids mentioned would be in my findings.

Our two Division I commitments are clearly listed on our website roster page (and have been for some time now) along with our other 5 commitments from the 2011 class.

http://www.americanfreedomtrout.com/roster.htm
AF Gold

by justawatcher » Wed May 04, 2011 6:52 pm

Tim,

No one said your organization was bad. This is a rational discussion, (with the exception of Joe's rant but he can't back up anything he says nor will he explain himself.) The intent was purly informational. End of story. If I missed D1 commits from your organization, I sincerely apologize.
I tell you what, I will change my initial post to whatever you want me to. No problem. You just tell me how many division I commitments you have in each class, and that's what I will put on there.

Randy,

Sorry for missing your 2 commits. This is a threat on D1 commits though so your others do not apply.
justawatcher

by Joe » Wed May 04, 2011 7:38 pm

justawatcher wrote:The intent was purly informational. End of story.

Burger

"Informational" usually starts with good information. Only then can the story end...

Last edited by justawatcher on Wed May 04, 2011 9:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Joe

by justawatcher » Thu May 05, 2011 6:06 am

Joe wrote:
justawatcher wrote:The intent was purly informational. End of story.

Burger

"Informational" usually starts with good information. Only then can the story end...

Last edited by justawatcher on Wed May 04, 2011 9:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

The info was as good the coaches/managers of the respective teams made public. I edited it to add Xtreme and Texas Toruble for you.

Did you ever find out how much it costs to play for a marquee team?
justawatcher

by justawatcher » Tue May 10, 2011 9:17 am

Got a couple private messages informing me that I had missed some commits that are in fact on the web. Sorry people!
justawatcher

by Joe » Tue May 10, 2011 10:58 am

justawatcher wrote:Got a couple private messages informing me that I had missed some commits that are in fact on the web. Sorry people!

Dang!
Joe

by rodehardputawaywet » Tue May 10, 2011 11:06 am

Thanks Justawatcher!

I appreciate you putting the list together.
rodehardputawaywet

PreviousNext

Return to TX