Houston Area High School Softball

by Phantomz08 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:42 pm

Nothing short of awesome Deer Park.
If it ain't broke, why fix it??
Phantomz08
Premium Member
Premium Member

by txfastptchcoach » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:38 am

Phantomz08 wrote:Nothing short of awesome Deer Park.

I really think whoever was coming out of Region 3 healthy was going to win state. That was a brutal Division. Alvin, Bellaire, Brazoswood, Cinco Ranch, Cy Fair, Deer Park, Dobie, Katy and Pearland. No disrespect to the others but the pitching overall in this region got the team that won this region ready for anything they could see at State tournament. That is why the scores were inflated once Deer Park got to Austin.
Last edited by txfastptchcoach on Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
txfastptchcoach

by 22'sDad » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:45 am

Congrats Deer Park :!:
22'sDad

by txfastptchcoach » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:03 am

bigbaddude wrote:I figured I would move this one to the top since the real softball season is right around the corner.

Who are the front runners this year?

I doubt phantom08 will be heard from since I heard Heybucket was the topic of the High School meeting. Is that true?

I will give my two cents worth!!!

Pearland
Deer Park
Woodlands
Atoscacita
Braoswood
Magnolia
Kingwood

These are the ones that stand out to me this morning.

No disrespect to anyone but its Pearlands to lose this year. A ton of talent with all aspects covered this year ie: defense, pitching and offense. Probably the best 1-9 lineup in Houston. Maybe this year the coaches will get it done. Kids can't play when they are walking on egg shells all the time and I'm not a Pearland parent and saw it last year.
txfastptchcoach

by Phantomz08 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:35 am

bigbaddude wrote:I doubt phantom08 will be heard from since I heard Heybucket was the topic of the High School meeting. Is that true?
Not true :D I ain't skeered ;)
If it ain't broke, why fix it??
Phantomz08
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Cipher » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:43 am

No disrespect to anyone but its Pearlands to lose this year. A ton of talent with all aspects covered this year ie: defense, pitching and offense. Probably the best 1-9 lineup in Houston. Maybe this year the coaches will get it done. Kids can't play when they are walking on egg shells all the time and I'm not a Pearland parent and saw it last year.

Isn't it Pearland's year EVERY year?

According to Heybucket, they have had the most talent the last few years and got smoked by The Woodlands in Austin 3 years ago, beaten by DP 2 years ago and by Brazoswood last year. They have been really really good every year, but nowhere near what they should be according to this message board.
Cipher

by txfastptchcoach » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:05 am

I'm a Deer Park parent and I call a Spade a Spade!!! Deer Park has big shoes to fill in the middle of the diamond. Losing SS and 2nd Baseman will be hard to fill. One good thing is Senior pitcher is healthy and they won't have to have one kid hold the circle down. I see the Woodlands and Atoscicita battling out not only in District but in the other region. Cy Fair should do well also; I think they didn't lose much. If I incorrect sorry for my stupidity. I enjoy watching HS softball because the girls are competing not just playing another exposure event and its fun for them. If the coaches only felt the same way but there jobs are dictated by the kids performance. Hell, Woodlands, Pearland and Deer Park coaches walk into a gold mine each year. All they have to figure out is how not to screw it up and they will be in Austin.
txfastptchcoach

by txfastptchcoach » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:10 am

Remember this ANYONE can beat ANYONE on a given day and these girls are teenagers who are going to make mistakes and learn from them. Houston Area softball is some of the best softball in the Country!!! Period. Enjoy it because they will be packing there bags for College before you know it!!
txfastptchcoach

by Lunatic Fringe » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:48 pm

We are known for our modesty too ;)
Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.
Mark Twain
Lunatic Fringe

by doittoit » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:52 pm

"All they have to figure out is how not to screw it up and they will be in Austin." Yep, not calling a spade a spade, just agreeing.
doittoit

PreviousNext

Return to TX