Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Top 12u's in 2012??

by Softball Papa » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:13 pm

CULater wrote:One of the "best" 12U teams in Houston was handled by lesser teams this past weekend. These 11 and 12 year olds won't be playing at a consistent level for a couple of more years. Each and every week is an adventure. At this age coaches will play different lineups, kids in different positions, especially in your average weekend tournament. When the qualifiers take place, the top teams usually rise up and earn their berth to nationals.

All teams tinker with their lineup so I don't buy thE "lineup" excuse. The best teams generate enough runs to win regardless.
Softball Papa

by CULater » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:32 pm

Not an excuse there PAPA its a fact, this team has been listed on this thread and many others as one of the best 12U teams in Houston. The were beaten twice in one weekend by teams that were not as talented.
CULater

by Softball Papa » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:28 pm

CULater wrote:Not an excuse there PAPA its a fact, this team has been listed on this thread and many others as one of the best 12U teams in Houston. The were beaten twice in one weekend by teams that were not as talented.

i agree.. if youre being handled by lesser teams, then you shouldnt be considered as one of the top.
Softball Papa

by Ingrmalies » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:52 pm

CULater wrote:One of the "best" 12U teams in Houston was handled by lesser teams this past weekend. These 11 and 12 year olds won't be playing at a consistent level for a couple of more years. Each and every week is an adventure. At this age coaches will play different lineups, kids in different positions, especially in your average weekend tournament. When the qualifiers take place, the top teams usually rise up and earn their berth to nationals.

Well, looks like the NTX teams are still doing ok....Regional Qualifier Region 7 took place 06/02/2012 in Fort Worth....

Top two teams were NTX teams...American Freedom (Hodo) and Texas Twist (Papes)..

Just thought i would throw that out there since the qualifiers have started..some teams are rising up or possibly staying at the top..
Ingrmalies

by ceelo9 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:33 am

I would definitely say AF Hodo is tops in North Texas, top 5 in Texas possibly? Well coached and has a solid roster. Glory Red is another to be considered tops.
ceelo9

by 4girlsmom » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:53 pm

At PGF in So Cal........Question for Texas Boards: Is Texas Glory 99 ( The team at PGF)
the best 12U team in Texas?
Who won state champs of Texas 12U?
4girlsmom

by Vess Express » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:32 am

4girlsmom wrote:At PGF in So Cal........Question for Texas Boards: Is Texas Glory 99 ( The team at PGF)
the best 12U team in Texas?
Who won state champs of Texas 12U?

We don't have a true Texas championship that I know of. Apparently, that is something big in California, and some other states.

There are several tournaments that claim to be a "State of Texas" champions tournament, but I have not seen any that I would really say are well attended by all areas, with most of the better teams.

The team you mentioned did come in 3rd back in March at the Bomber tournament, and it usually has a decent spread of teams from DFW to Houston.
Vess Express

by CULater » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:56 am

Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio all have a metro association with berths tied to those associations. If I am not mistaken, you cannot play in both a metro qualifier and the state tournament, since it is a qualifier for the teams not associated with a metro association. EEEgghhhhh that was a mouthful.

So you won't see the top teams from Dallas/FW, Houston, San Antonio playing against each other and the teams from the rest of the state, in an ASA state tournament
CULater

by PDad » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:22 pm

CULater wrote:Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio all have a metro association with berths tied to those associations. If I am not mistaken, you cannot play in both a metro qualifier and the state tournament, since it is a qualifier for the teams not associated with a metro association. EEEgghhhhh that was a mouthful.

Generally true, although local associations can open their tourneys to other associations (e.g. Ohio).

So you won't see the top teams from Dallas/FW, Houston, San Antonio playing against each other and the teams from the rest of the state, in an ASA state tournament

Does your Region 7 championship/qualifier allow previously qualified teams? If so, that could be your state championship.

@Vess Express - California has 3 state associations (i.e. North, Central and Southern) along with several metros, so there is not an all-encompassing state championship here.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Vess Express » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:51 pm

Sorry, I thought I had read something about a team being CA. champs. on the CA. boards a while back.
Vess Express

Previous

Return to TX