Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

High School Ball is over YippeeYay!!

by Quit Whining » Mon May 14, 2012 1:01 pm

I can't express in words the happiness I feel now that DD HS softball team was eliminated. For the life of me I will never understand how a "high school coach" feels empowered to change how someone swings a bat and fields a ground ball. The unfortunate thing about HS softball is the coaches get so entrenched in the position they feel they "own" your DD and God forbid you try to speak to it (I'll keep the gender out of this discussion) because it only communicates 1 way. From it to you!! Good luck with that big #$%)#U$%!!
Quit Whining

by TexasYellowBall » Tue May 15, 2012 6:51 am

dumb parents still dont get it. Softball is not about you, it is about the players, Dont worry, it will be over before you know it. Then what will you complain about.
TexasYellowBall

by Softball Papa » Wed May 16, 2012 8:06 am

What is a coach supposed to do? I assume your daughter struggled hitting the ball and therefor the coach tried to improve her swing so she could hit the ball. If she was hitting the ball, more than likely the coach would leave her swing alone.
Softball Papa

by CrushersDad » Wed May 16, 2012 9:40 am

Quit Whining
CrushersDad

by CULater » Wed May 16, 2012 12:15 pm

Solution for those who don't like the coaching at the high school level......DON'T PLAY.

Last time I checked, there was no rule that said you had to play HS softball and suffer through the mediocre coaching that is provided.

Whenever I hear this, I always think of the "superstar" player that struggles in HS ball but was so dominate playing over at the Stars Over Texas exposure event or at 14U as a freshman.

To me it sounds like an excuse for having a bad year.
CULater

by fastpitchforever » Wed May 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Hey, high school ball is the first playing experience where a player and dad can't pack up and go to another team when they get mad. Sounds like a good prep for college ball to me. My own DD has had to learn how to "filter" advice while always nodding "yessir" to the coach. Seems to work good and the coach is really happy when she gets the credit for her batting!
fastpitchforever
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GO REBS » Wed May 16, 2012 8:06 pm

CULater wrote:Solution for those who don't like the coaching at the high school level......DON'T PLAY.

That may be the dumbest thing i have ever heard. Hell i dont like the management at work, but im not going to quit my job.

GO REBS
GO REBS

by CULater » Thu May 17, 2012 7:43 am

Last I checked playing high school sports was not quite as high on the priority level as supporting your family. Nice try though.

But if you want to go that route, if management was causing your skills to deteriorate thus not allowing you futher advancement, then you should find a new job. But since you can leave your job and a kid can't just switch schools, its really not a good analogy on your part.

There are examples where kids that played in college at a high level, did not play high school softball. Some ran track, some didn't do anything but continue with their hitting lessons and pitching lessons, and practice with their club teams.
Last edited by CULater on Thu May 17, 2012 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
CULater

by Quit Whining » Thu May 17, 2012 7:51 am

Dang, didn't realize my post would generate any discussion. Just was making a statement. To clarify, my DD playing time was not in question. It was the "its" treatment of players and the atmosphere "it" tried to create. An atmosphere of fear for making mistakes is not conducive to building trust and confidence in young players. It's (no gender reference here) understood that multiple mistakes warrants a change but when one or two different mistakes are made IT should show support and expressions of confidence. Just part of problem with "it". When the coach thinks "it" is bigger than the team, there is a problem. Just glad we only have one more year to put up with "its" highjinks!
Quit Whining

by Battle » Thu May 17, 2012 8:46 pm

fastpitchforever wrote:Hey, high school ball is the first playing experience where a player and dad can't pack up and go to another team when they get mad.

That's not always the case especially if the move is out of district. It happens more than you think.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

Next

Return to TX