Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

High School Ball is over YippeeYay!!

by TXPeppers-1-Dad » Fri May 18, 2012 7:46 pm

Battle wrote:
fastpitchforever wrote:Hey, high school ball is the first playing experience where a player and dad can't pack up and go to another team when they get mad.

That's not always the case especially if the move is out of district. It happens more than you think.

It does happen more than a lot of people think!!
TXPeppers-1-Dad

by fastpitchforever » Fri May 18, 2012 9:04 pm

Really? But wouldn't you have to actually buy a house and live in the new district to do this? If so, that sounds a bit over the top....
fastpitchforever
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CrushersDad » Sat May 19, 2012 5:26 am

fastpitchforever wrote:Really? But wouldn't you have to actually buy a house and live in the new district to do this? If so, that sounds a bit over the top....

There are 3 pitchers from our small town that have changed schools over the last 3 years. 1 actually moved and the other 2 still live in our town.
CrushersDad

by DonnieS » Sat May 19, 2012 7:25 am

Spazsdad wrote:
fastpitchforever wrote: If so, that sounds a bit over the top....

We are talking about TX :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spaz, its a piece of cake in the Corpus area - depending on the direction you are going. Its something we live with - and we tell our girls, its part of life. Fair doesnt exist - if a direction is blocked, punt and try a different route. Like the GPS lady says, 'Recalculating.'
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CrushersDad » Sun May 20, 2012 5:14 am

bigbaddude wrote:
CrushersDad wrote:
fastpitchforever wrote:Really? But wouldn't you have to actually buy a house and live in the new district to do this? If so, that sounds a bit over the top....

There are 3 pitchers from our small town that have changed schools over the last 3 years. 1 actually moved and the other 2 still live in our town.

Don't they have to sit out a year?

Nope, 1 transferred before her sophomore year. 1 actually moved their residence. 1 is lying about the address where the family lives.
CrushersDad

by Battle » Sun May 20, 2012 8:10 pm

bigbaddude wrote:
CrushersDad wrote:

Don't they have to sit out a year?

If the move is in district unless you lie...ahum...I mean move residence in district. Then it's a few days I believe.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by 22'sDad » Tue May 22, 2012 1:20 pm

I have asked some local administrators this question. The response that I received was if the student athlete applied for a transfer that was granted but residence stays the same then they cannot play the varsity level for one year.
If the student actually moves physical address then no sit out time.

The vibe I got was that they were mainly concerned about football, and I am not too sure if anyone even checks for the other sports? Kinda like California where everything is legal :o
22'sDad

by CULater » Tue May 22, 2012 1:32 pm

I know of at least 3 cases in the past 12 months where the residence of a softball player was questioned, or the transfer was deemed for athletic purposes. In two of the cases, there was no penalty and the kid transferred and played after 15 days, (required when the transfer happens during the school year), in the other, the kid left her original school at semester, but coaches from within the athletic district questioned the validity of the transfer, basically saying it was only for athletic purposes. The kid moved in with grandma who was in another school district, but for all appearances sake, it was for athletic purposes, the kid wanted to play and wasn't at the orignal school. Since it was challenged, the kid had to play JV the year she transferred and was allowed to play varsity the following year.
CULater

by freetacos » Tue May 22, 2012 7:15 pm

KO built a dream team 3 or 4 years back. It got very ugly...but because of politics no judgement was ever made.

Love it that they never made it to Austin....lol...actually they never made it out of Houston..

Cheating is alive and well in HS ball. (football,baseball.softball...etc)

ft
freetacos

by 22'sDad » Wed May 23, 2012 1:30 pm

Who is KO?

I like tacos ;)
22'sDad

PreviousNext

Return to TX