Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Texas Teams at Gold Nationals

by fastpitchforever » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:17 pm

Congrats to the Impact Gold for making a super run from the losers bracket to 2nd place. A superhuman effort by the girls in the 100+ heat. California teams were absent from the finals, I'm sure an excuse is forthcoming!
fastpitchforever
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 93players » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:47 pm

Fastpitch Forever, I totally agree that Impact Gold made such a miracle run to come in second from losing its first game. Congrats. Great coaching staff and players. Loved the aggresive running, especially in the game against SoCal As. As good as you can be in fastpitch. I cant wait to see these players in college.

Fastpitch Guru, I am trying to generate some talk. Of course, outsiders cannot tell if there are injuries or players missing. I have seen most of these teams during the last 3 years so I know many of the players and the coaches. Great showing for the Texas teams in my opinion.
93players

by PDad » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:56 pm

fastpitchforever wrote:Congrats to the Impact Gold for making a super run from the losers bracket to 2nd place. A superhuman effort by the girls in the 100+ heat. California teams were absent from the finals, I'm sure an excuse is forthcoming!

Top ten excu... er, reasons California teams were absent from the finals:

10. The sun got in their eyes.

9. It was too hot!

PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:57 pm

Top ten excu... er, reasons California teams were absent from the finals (cont'd):

8. Irvine Sting wasn't there.

7. Sorcerer (either one) wasn't there.

6. So Cal Choppers didn't go.

PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:58 pm

Top ten excu... er, reasons California teams were absent from the finals (cont'd):

5 thru 3. (no particular order):
- Corona Angels Tyson didn't go
- OCBB Haning didn't go
- Worth Firecrackers didn't go
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:00 pm

2. So Cal Athletics 18u wasn't there.

PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:01 pm

1. We wuz robbed!

LOL

Congrats to all the teams that competed hard.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchforever » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:13 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
fastpitchforever wrote:Congrats to the Impact Gold for making a super run from the losers bracket to 2nd place. A superhuman effort by the girls in the 100+ heat. California teams were absent from the finals, I'm sure an excuse is forthcoming!

That truly was an impressive run, 10 games to get back to the title. Hopefully the Seniors created some lifelong memories and a renewed resolve to carry into their college careers and the underclassman have something to draw from for their future JO endeavors.
Too bad you had to taint your congrats by trying to throw in an unnecessary jab to other teams :roll: . That argument has been hashed over many times.

I know, but this is a Texas thread :P. Regardless I sat in that heat all week and was happy to not be on the field. What the Impact players did today was exceptional. BTW, if you don't show up to play, you can't claim a damn thing.
fastpitchforever
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 93players » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:30 pm

I am sure socal a's claim that double steal slide at home was an out, but it was a great slide and a very heads up play by the impact players. Great job. Impact continues their dominance of texas softball.
93players

by jmo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:01 pm

fastpitchforever wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:

That truly was an impressive run, 10 games to get back to the title. Hopefully the Seniors created some lifelong memories and a renewed resolve to carry into their college careers and the underclassman have something to draw from for their future JO endeavors.
Too bad you had to taint your congrats by trying to throw in an unnecessary jab to other teams :roll: . That argument has been hashed over many times.

I know, but this is a Texas thread :P. Regardless I sat in that heat all week and was happy to not be on the field. What the Impact players did today was exceptional. BTW, if you don't show up to play, you can't claim a damn thing.

I was impressed by the run by the 16U So Cal Athletics to finish 3rd at ASA Gold. That is two Top 10 finishes at Gold the past two years.

The Impact run was even more impressive as to win 11 games straight in that heat, well, great job Impact.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to TX