Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Top Texas Gold Coaches & Teams

by CULater » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:39 pm

TexasYellowBall wrote:Coach May has had troubles over the years, but she did qualify for gold nationals her first year with a new team.

The Texas Firecrackers went to the first qualifier available to Texas teams. The tournament in Florida was a Southern region qualifier. It was not the same weekend as the qualifier in Houston. By the time the Texas qualifiers took place they were already qualified. They could not have attended a tournament " In their backyard" or their front yard. They already punched their ticket.

Not at all true. The Southern Territory qualifier in West Palm Beach was the weekend of June 8-10. The exact same weekend as the Region 7 qualifier in Houston.
CULater

by WACdad » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:50 pm

You are correct CU.

And the "real" southern qualifier was in Dallas the wknd
of June 15-17. So two chances to qualify in Texas. Don't
see a reason to go to Fla unless of course you don't think
you have a chance to qualify in Texas.
:lol:
WACdad

by realcoach » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:33 pm

Really? Two chances to qualify in Texas and how many berths? Nine? Let's post a list of all the Texas teams that did not qualify for Gold nationals, then you can ask their players, coaches and parents if they might have considered backup alternatives to qualifying. Looks like they planned and executed a good strategy for their team.

My favorite is your slam on all the Florida teams. Send your letter to ASA and maybe they'll keep those teams out of Gold next year, I know our team would appreciate it.
realcoach

by CULater » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:16 am

Texas teams have always attended the Southern Territory qualifiers very well. The fact that the Region 7 qualifier was the same weekend had an effect on attendance at the Southern Territory event. There were only 36 or so teams, with 6 berths.

Just to point out, there were actually 3 places to qualify in Texas, Waxahatchie (3 berths), Dallas (6 berths) and Houston (3 berths)
CULater

by texasugly1 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:14 pm

realcoach wrote:Really? Two chances to qualify in Texas and how many berths? Nine? Let's post a list of all the Texas teams that did not qualify for Gold nationals, then you can ask their players, coaches and parents if they might have considered backup alternatives to qualifying. Looks like they planned and executed a good strategy for their team.

My favorite is your slam on all the Florida teams. Send your letter to ASA and maybe they'll keep those teams out of Gold next year, I know our team would appreciate it.

Sounds more like a way of getting away from all the glory, bomber, aces, storm, batbuster teams. Well I am glad they went to florida and qualified. Can we say they are a florida team since they went 2 and BBQ at gold nats? Please, if your going to carry the name, back it up with quality play and play the best of the best. I would respect them more if they played a Rapidfire, Glory Gold, Eclipse, Bomber Gold, or Just about any of the Oklahoma teams and lost. JMO
texasugly1

by CoolInTheShade » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:52 pm

Complete this sentence:

"This summer I want to spend a week in...

a) Waxahatchie, Texas"
b) Spring/Klein, Texas"
c) McKinney, Texas"
d) West Palm Beach, Florida."
CoolInTheShade

by CULater » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:23 pm

CoolInTheShade wrote:Complete this sentence:

a) Waxahatchie, Texas"
b) Spring/Klein, Texas"
c) McKinney, Texas"

Play where you want to play, but don't pretend like it was the weather that took that team to WPB. I think it was smart to go to a qualifier that had 36 teams and gave out 6 berths rather than 65 teams for 3 berths. But a weekend in WPB had nothing to do with it.
CULater

by CoolInTheShade » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:28 pm

That's for dang sure...it rained all week!
CoolInTheShade

by WACdad » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:39 pm

CoolInTheShade wrote:Complete this sentence:

a) Waxahatchie, Texas"
b) Spring/Klein, Texas"
c) McKinney, Texas"
WACdad

by WACdad » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:47 pm

If that was the criteria you used to select the tournament I hope you
got to make a side trip to see Mickey. I can't complain we selected our
tournaments the same way in 10u. Select the vacation spot first, tournament
second. And folks wonder why gold ball isn't as strong as it used to be,jmo.
WACdad

PreviousNext

Return to TX