Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

es time to go gold

by frito_burrito » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:38 pm

time to move up and play de best. i gotta know where to tryout. here is thee list. any recomendations

impact gold
storm gold
sting gold
aces gold
cruisers gold
hitaway gold
suden impact gold
cobras gold
firecracker gold
hawks gold
cobra gold
intruder gold
magic gold
eclipse gold
mc elite gold
stealth gold
THIS ES FRITO BURRITO AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
frito_burrito
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:16 pm

Whatever team has Dani. She's 11yo and should be throwing 75 and playing for a TX Gold team by now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui7OBfURWEM
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 93players » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:26 pm

Impact top team is the single choice in houston. Aces second but distant second, eclipse third
93players

by houstonguru » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:37 pm

Aces good solid choice but might put eclpse close to impact,losing 3 starters.2 top pitchers only soph past year and getting back top pitcher who was out all year.majority of team will be soph/jr with only 3 seniors this year.
houstonguru

by RexinTex » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:38 pm

If your kid has the ability to play for ANY of these, this is where I would suggest:

Impact Gold: Can never go wrong there.

Peppers Gold: Recruiting machine that graduated a lot of players.

Eclipse Gold: Traditionally a good program in Houston.

Magic: I have heard that Rabbit Blake is leaving the team to Ron Thomey. Ron is a good man and a good coach. If my daughter was playing and I lived there, I would let my daughter play for Ron.

Aces Express: Put a lot of kids into college.

Sudden Impact Gold: They have burned through coaches lately and I am not sure whats up with that, but they put kids in college.

Go to the websites of the teams. See what they are looking for. These teams all change so drastically from year to year but they may not need anyone that plays your daughters position. Look at the recruiting history of the program. This is what Gold ball is all about after all.
RexinTex

by Bleacher Creature » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:32 pm

RexinTex wrote:If your kid has the ability to play for ANY of these, this is where I would suggest:

Impact Gold: Can never go wrong there.

Peppers Gold: Recruiting machine that graduated a lot of players.

Eclipse Gold: Traditionally a good program in Houston.

Magic: I have heard that Rabbit Blake is leaving the team to Ron Thomey. Ron is a good man and a good coach. If my daughter was playing and I lived there, I would let my daughter play for Ron.

Aces Express: Put a lot of kids into college.

Sudden Impact Gold: They have burned through coaches lately and I am not sure whats up with that, but they put kids in college.

Go to the websites of the teams. See what they are looking for. These teams all change so drastically from year to year but they may not need anyone that plays your daughters position. Look at the recruiting history of the program. This is what Gold ball is all about after all.

Well said Rex!

It is all about the next level.

Some teams/coaches recruit better than others/ some to better schools/some for more $ to not so well known schools. and some w/ little $ to well known schools..... how big is your check book.
New gold teams may not even get into the the top shelf exposure events, and if they do they most likley will not get the Main fields! You have to be seen to get recruited. Coaches have to have the contacts to get your kid recruited.
Just a few things to think about.
Good luck to all the future gold ball players at the tryouts!
"If you aint first your last"
Bleacher Creature
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CULater » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:14 pm

Speaking of tryouts and teams.......just found out that Peppers are having their tryouts on August 4. Only interesting because, 1) they are in SoCal at the PGF nationals, 2) I thought Houston ASA had some rule about that doesn't allow teams to conduct tryouts until 2 weeks after ASA nationals. For Gold that would be August 11.
CULater

by hit4power » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:52 am

I thought Houston ASA had some rule about that doesn't allow teams to conduct tryouts until 2 weeks after ASA nationals. For Gold that would be August 11.

I believe the Peppers will say they are not a Houston ASA team.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but order of finish of Houston area teams at ASA Nats was Impact, Storm, Power...didn't see Power on the orig list of teams - any reason?

I'd have Impact, Peppers, Storm, Power, and Aces as my first choices from the perspective of all are established programs that have access to the best exposure tournaments and a track record of getting kids into college programs. Which one is best for your DD will depend, as others have said, on where she wants to go to school and how she fits on the team. You want a situation where she will get playing time.
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

by CULater » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:21 pm

hit4power wrote:
I thought Houston ASA had some rule about that doesn't allow teams to conduct tryouts until 2 weeks after ASA nationals. For Gold that would be August 11.

I believe the Peppers will say they are not a Houston ASA team.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but order of finish of Houston area teams at ASA Nats was Impact, Storm, Power...didn't see Power on the orig list of teams - any reason?

I'd have Impact, Peppers, Storm, Power, and Aces as my first choices from the perspective of all are established programs that have access to the best exposure tournaments and a track record of getting kids into college programs. Which one is best for your DD will depend, as others have said, on where she wants to go to school and how she fits on the team. You want a situation where she will get playing time.

Power was on the original list. They qualified in Waxahachie.

Not sure on Peppers not being a Houston ASA team, their teams played in the metro qualifiers. I thought all teams that played out of Burroughs were considered Houston metro teams.

Again, just thought it odd they would have tryouts the weekend they will be returning from SoCal. And a week before everyone else.
CULater

by DonnieS » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:32 pm

There are a lot of considerations here guys, how is your kid going to handle playing on teams with over 20 people, some over 30. It needs to be fun , maybe thats my old age talking here - but it does.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to TX