Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

es time to go gold

by Quit Whining » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:09 pm

When you look at most of the gold level or top level 16U coaches, what's the one common thread?? EGO They all want those big school names listed on their website so they can say "we" are the best organization because we send Little Suzi to Big Time U. I think, like much of corporate America, greed is a controlling factor in how these so called "coaches" roll!! From what I've seen on our own team, the coach is more of an administrator than a coach! Real coaches coach their players up, not down. This coach coaches players down!!! It seems strange that this is more common than not!
Also, how many 11 or 12 grade girls really enjoy giving up most of their summers to travel to all parts of the US playing softball? I mean how many Junior and Senior kids truly enjoy that? College ball is where they should be exposed to greed, underhanded hijinks and other cheap ploys. Let the young ones enjoy the sport and when they get to college then let it become their "job". That's my $.02!
Quit Whining

by CULater » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:22 pm

Quit Whining wrote:When you look at most of the gold level or top level 16U coaches, what's the one common thread?? EGO They all want those big school names listed on their website so they can say "we" are the best organization because we send Little Suzi to Big Time U. I think, like much of corporate America, greed is a controlling factor in how these so called "coaches" roll!! From what I've seen on our own team, the coach is more of an administrator than a coach! Real coaches coach their players up, not down. This coach coaches players down!!! It seems strange that this is more common than not!
Also, how many 11 or 12 grade girls really enjoy giving up most of their summers to travel to all parts of the US playing softball? I mean how many Junior and Senior kids truly enjoy that? College ball is where they should be exposed to greed, underhanded hijinks and other cheap ploys. Let the young ones enjoy the sport and when they get to college then let it become their "job". That's my $.02!

I don't know where to begin... LOL if you think it is just the coaches that want Little Suzi at Big Time U you are sadly mistaken. Big Suzi and Big Daddy are as much to blame for the, so called, greed in the sport. This thread proves that, everyone looking for the gold team that will get their kid to Big Time U.

As far as kids enjoying the traveling, the kids on our team get to visit places like New York City, Orlando, Huntington Beach, Fort Lauderdale, a couple of trips to Dallas. Trips to the Cake Boss' bakery in New York were epic. I would ask, which high school aged kid wouldn't love the opportunity to visit those places during their summer?

I think those trips will be a whole lot more fun than a weekend trip to Ames, Ia or Hattiesburg, MS or most other college town they will soon be visiting.
Last edited by CULater on Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CULater

by Quit Whining » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:27 pm

I think those trips will be a whole lot more fun than a weekend trip to Ames, Ia or Hattiesburg, MS or most other college town they will soon be visiting.[/quote]

The trips are fun if you are one of the favored 9 players. If you are outside that 9, not so much.
Quit Whining

by CULater » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:36 pm

Quit Whining wrote:I think those trips will be a whole lot more fun than a weekend trip to Ames, Ia or Hattiesburg, MS or most other college town they will soon be visiting.

The trips are fun if you are one of the favored 9 players. If you are outside that 9, not so much.

Sounds like you need to find a new team.
CULater

by Quit Whining » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:39 pm

CULater wrote:
Quit Whining wrote:I think those trips will be a whole lot more fun than a weekend trip to Ames, Ia or Hattiesburg, MS or most other college town they will soon be visiting.

Sounds like you need to find a new team.

No my rant is not related to me, just issues I've heard through the years.
Quit Whining

by CULater » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:22 pm

Oh OK, you are just giving a public service announcement.
CULater

by DOG310 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:28 pm

While I enjoy all the banter, can some of you name names?? I'm not asking you to call out an organization, but would like to hear who you believe is into development of players and who is into recruiting great players.

I don't have a dog in this fight, just would like to hear some opinions from those that are already there that might help those of us trying to figure out the next step for our own DD.
DOG310

by Quit Whining » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:56 pm

DOG310 wrote:While I enjoy all the banter, can some of you name names?? I'm not asking you to call out an organization, but would like to hear who you believe is into development of players and who is into recruiting great players.

I don't have a dog in this fight, just would like to hear some opinions from those that are already there that might help those of us trying to figure out the next step for our own DD.

My advice would be don't believe everything you hear or see!! And remember misery loves company!
Quit Whining

by Bleacher Creature » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:09 pm

RexinTex wrote:If your kid has the ability to play for ANY of these, this is where I would suggest:

Impact Gold: Can never go wrong there.

Peppers Gold: Recruiting machine that graduated a lot of players.

Eclipse Gold: Traditionally a good program in Houston.

Magic: I have heard that Rabbit Blake is leaving the team to Ron Thomey. Ron is a good man and a good coach. If my daughter was playing and I lived there, I would let my daughter play for Ron.

Aces Express: Put a lot of kids into college.

Sudden Impact Gold: They have burned through coaches lately and I am not sure whats up with that, but they put kids in college.

Go to the websites of the teams. See what they are looking for. These teams all change so drastically from year to year but they may not need anyone that plays your daughters position. Look at the recruiting history of the program. This is what Gold ball is all about after all.

Here you go DOG
"If you aint first your last"
Bleacher Creature
Premium Member
Premium Member

by freetacos » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:21 pm

If you are looking for a Gold team where the coaches really care about the girls the SK Texas Hawks should be considered also.

Coach Haskel and his coaches do a great job.

p.s. my girls are done with gold ball this is just my honest opinion.

ft
freetacos

PreviousNext

Return to TX