Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

University of Texas - Arlington

by TXfastpitchsoftball » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:00 pm

Interesting that the first verbal commitment for Coach Fox since she took over at UT-Arlington is a pitcher from Colorado. I think we are looking at some changes in philosophy here folks:

http://costarsburns.org/m/roster/Rebeck ... killsVideo
TXfastpitchsoftball

by Vess Express » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:18 pm

I hope you are right. What they also need is to upgrade their facilites to attract players. That field and their facilities - from what I can tell - have hardly changed in 25 years.

The University of North Texas has blown them away as far as facilities... What a change from the past.
Vess Express

by MavFan » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:59 pm

I guess I don't see what the positive is in Coach Fox going after out of state players when there are plenty of quality in state players to go unrecruited each year.

Just a thought.
MavFan

by txfastptchcoach » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:43 pm

MavFan wrote:I guess I don't see what the positive is in Coach Fox going after out of state players when there are plenty of quality in state players to go unrecruited each year.

Just a thought.

I was thinking the same thing??? There is sooooo much talent in this great state of Texas.
txfastptchcoach

by TXfastpitchsoftball » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:52 pm

I think the point is that she is willing to go get a key player whereever that might be, including out-of-state. Haven't see a lot of that at UTA of late. And haven't seen UTA in a regional in a while either. If you want those top Texas players to choose UTA, you probably have to give them a reason to choose UTA over so many other options in state. Maybe that will happen with the new coach letting prospects know she is willing to make some key moves like this one.
TXfastpitchsoftball

by MavFan » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:45 am

TXfastpitchsoftball wrote:I think the point is that she is willing to go get a key player whereever that might be, including out-of-state. Haven't see a lot of that at UTA of late. And haven't seen UTA in a regional in a while either. If you want those top Texas players to choose UTA, you probably have to give them a reason to choose UTA over so many other options in state. Maybe that will happen with the new coach letting prospects know she is willing to make some key moves like this one.

I see what you are saying but, you also run the risk of alienating yourself and your program, if you are seen as a coach that doesn't recruit local kids. I have seen it in other programs, where the coach decides to recruit out of state and ignores the local players. It works well if you are able to attract top level talent from out of state, but if you are relegated to the 2nd and 3rd level players from out of state you will find the results are not any better.
MavFan

by Fat Daddy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:18 pm

Can so totally agree with mav post and Texas has soooo much talent in state and alot is here in North Texas alone and does puzzle me why would you go out of state when you have more than enough talent pool here. Just my 2 cents. My daughter wants to play in Texas although she has gotten interests out of state.
Fat Daddy

by frito_burrito » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:46 pm

my dd has uta as one of her schools and from what i hear the coach she is gonna get most of her talent her in texas. some outside talent will only stringthin the team
THIS ES FRITO BURRITO AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
frito_burrito
Premium Member
Premium Member

by MavFan » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:47 am

I am not so sure about that frito. Shortly after accepting the job, I saw her in Colorado spending most of her time watching her dad's team and other SoCal teams. I know this was only one tournament, but people go with what they are familiar with. JMHO
MavFan

by TXfastpitchsoftball » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:40 am

Anyone hearing a rumor that pitcher Rachel Fox from UT-Austin has transferred to UT-Arlington?
TXfastpitchsoftball

Next

Return to TX