Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

What's going on with the Aces?

by MavFan » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:37 pm

just4fun wrote:
Softballguru wrote:Nine Kids are committed from Impact Gold's 16U team from last summer, not one of these kids was committed before then; Eight are now playing on the gold teams, one stayed down because she wanted to! When you morons state that impact doesn't bring kids through their system It just shows how stupid you are! Get your facts straight!

Keep drinking that koolaid. Why don't you check out the 18u "A" team roster, and yes I know one of them came from the 14u team (by the way, where did they practice out of). Spend some time and talk to them and find out who coached them, and when they committed. You may find out that koolaid doesn't taste so good.

quit talking in code and name names. I am interested in knowing who is on the 18u A team, what team they were on when they committed and who coached them.
MavFan

by Softballguru » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:40 pm

Yes 1 from the 14U and three from the 16U are on the "A" team!
Softballguru

by Softballguru » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:50 pm

I did not say all eight were on the same gold team..... 4 is on one and 4 is on another! Read my earlier post, the one you took issue with!
Softballguru

by just4fun » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:02 pm

Mav, I'm not going to name kids names here. I respect all the players. The ones I know are good girls and outstanding softball players. The kids are just doing what they love. If you are involved with the IG org, you should already know everything about them. If you don't, then you leaped with your eyes closed.
just4fun

by airborne » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:28 am

So folks have an issue because some kids on the team are not from the Houston area? Why? What difference does it make? I know all the kids that have put on Rico's Cracker uniform over the years weren't from the California area, same for Haning's BB's. Why does it matter? They put a 16U team together with kids from different areas. I think one was from La. They went out and competed. None of those kids were "committed" when fall started to my knowledge, now 9 are. Why does this bother anyone really? Does "credit" go to IG? Some, sure. Does it go to the kid? Some, sure. Same as the parents. Some kids/parents get unhappy and leave. Some stay and ride the pine. Their 16U team this year has 1 committed kid. Most kids came from their 14U team What will the gripe be this year? I understand the anger with what is being labeled as blacklisting a few clubs. I don't know the history between all of these clubs though so I don't know what is justified and what isn't. My daughter has left some teams in the past where I thought she was cheated. She & I personally wanted to compete against those teams as much as possible to prove them wrong. Luckily for me, we did. I was right. I would rather settle it on the field, but that is just my opinion. I have learned over the years, people don't always agree with me :o

Why does a "private tryout" matter? Which team that competes on the national scene rebuilds their team every year? You work these kids out, maybe a select few others and figure you have your team, but you hold a tryout in the event a really elite kid shows up. Why is this not fair to the group there for a try out, because the team is already selected? Lil bit of info, if your kid shows up and puts on, she will get offered a spot. How is this different than a college sending your kid an "invite" then charging other kids hundreds of dollars to attend the same camp, yet they have no intention of looking at those kids. Now if one of those random kids starts blowing balls out of the yard, she will get noticed quick. This isn't rec ball folks. This team is sponsored by major apparel and equipment companies. They have an obligation to win, cut and dry. You don't like it, go find a team that believes in what you believe in.
Last edited by airborne on Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
airborne

by justawatcher » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:45 am

just4fun wrote: :lol: He also needs to learn that if wants to build a tournament, he won't do it by kicking out quality teams. Colleges don't come to watch Impact. Their kids are already committed. He will only loose the respect of other coaches. Who wants to support a spineless man that agrees to hurt little girls.

This is not really accurate. Colleges often come to watch their committed kids play.

Softballguru wrote:Nine Kids are committed from Impact Gold's 16U team from last summer, not one of these kids was committed before then; Eight are now playing on the gold teams, one stayed down because she wanted to! When you morons state that impact doesn't bring kids through their system It just shows how stupid you are! Get your facts straight!

I don't think anyone on this thread would argue that IG is one of if not the best in the state at getting kids committed. Who said Impact doesn't bring kids through their system?
justawatcher

by just4fun » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:46 am

Airborn, you missed the point. I wish all the girls on Impact all the success in the world. I cheered for them (and all the Texas teams) in OKC last year. This is not about them winning or losing. It's not about them recruiting players from other orgs (everyone is a free agent) It is about grown men intentionally hurting little girls.
I really don't understand why the most successful team in Texas thinks they have to blackball anyone. If you are with the org, I suggest you ask why KC and the Sunshine boys are doing this.
just4fun

by airborne » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:07 pm

just4fun

I don't feel that I missed anything. I get what you guys are trying to say, "By saying if Stars Over Texas allows teams A/B/C to play, IG/SI etc. refuse to play. This isn't fair. They are hurting little girls." Here is the reality, the TD could have told IG sorry, not happening, but he didn't. The reason he didn't is simple. It's the same reason your teams coach looked at the list of teams and said "we need to play there. Impact, Wichita Mustangs, Sudden Impact to name a few, are in. They bring coaches." If you are going to tell me that that thought hasn't crossed your mind, I am going to say BS. Maybe coaches aren't their to watch IG Burke, or IG Jackson, but the IG has 2 16U teams there, all but 1 kid uncommitted. It's a business decision on the TD's part, and if it's a personal decision on the "committee's" part, oh well. You stated yourself that you don't know the facts behind the decision.
airborne

by airborne » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:38 pm

bigbaddude wrote:
airborne wrote:Maybe coaches aren't their to watch IG Burke, or IG Jackson, but the IG has 2 16U teams there, all but 1 kid uncommitted. It's a business decision on the TD's part, and if it's a personal decision on the "committee's" part, oh well. You stated yourself that you don't know the facts behind the decision.

So, IYHO, it would of been OK if the 10 or so teams would have dropped out of the tournament if the TD had told the "EGCC" sorry, but I am not going to kick the Aces out? What does that say about those coaches ability to do this for "the girls"?
I would bet that all of those teams would not have dropped out and if they did, what would the college coaches have thought about that? What would the college coaches think about anybody pulling out of a tournament and not giving their girls the exposure?
That's the part about this that thoroughly pisses me off. Why those arrogant a$$holes made the decision they made.

Well you can sit and wonder, but it didn't happen so we will never know. Maybe those teams drop out, maybe they don't. (Once again, I don't know, nor have I met one coach mentioned on here. So this isn't a personal shot at the Aces or anyone else, even though it is on a thread about the Aces. )I have no idea why a committee was formed if it was. If there is a committee, I will venture a guess that on some level it is same reason the PGF was formed. I had a coach from a nationally competitive team tell me years ago "Gold" ball was where my daughter would need to be. My daughter was young so I didn't think anything of it. Then a few years later he told me, PGF is really taking the best talent away from Gold ball. I asked why and his response was "to many Gold teams. People just started putting Gold on their team name to make their club look better." Maybe these old guard coaches wanted to reign in the West Austin + San Antone Lady Crushers (Gold) of the Texas Softball Gold world.
airborne

by BleacherFun » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:48 pm

just4fun wrote:Airborn, you missed the point. I wish all the girls on Impact all the success in the world. I cheered for them (and all the Texas teams) in OKC last year. This is not about them winning or losing. It's not about them recruiting players from other orgs (everyone is a free agent) It is about grown men intentionally hurting little girls.
I really don't understand why the most successful team in Texas thinks they have to blackball anyone. If you are with the org, I suggest you ask why KC and the Sunshine boys are doing this.

Holy Ba-Jesus. What little girls got hurt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I mean, really, little girls?
BleacherFun

PreviousNext

Return to TX