Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Elite Gold Coaches Committee

by just4fun » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:42 pm

Outsidethefence wrote:
NorthsideDad wrote:Okay folks, I am going to ask does anyone know who these Elite coaches are?

It's been a long time since my last post, but I think everyone should know who the EGCC is... This is an educated guess...

Impact Gold
Peppers
Eclipse
Sudden Impact
Storm (x2)
Power
Magic
MC Elite
Intruders

If the actions of this committee really bothers you, then call up your coach and express your concerns to him. It should be added that at least one of these teams held open practices prior to ASA Nationals. Come on folks, tryout violations is not really the issue.

What really needs to happen is all the Gold coaches in Texas need to gather for a meeting to discuss all issues at hand. It could be held at the Astrodome (finally we have as use for that old venue)! Considering there is 10,000+ gold coaches in Texas. LOL

Explain why you believe these are the "elite" teams. There is only one team listed that has done anything in the past few years. Yes, the ring leader, Impact. However, you can't say this was coaching, since most of the kids were already good before they came there.
The other teams haven't done anything in ASA or Premier. Two of the teams were so bad the coaches quit. Eclipse coach was so fed up with his inability to coach D1 players he quit after Colorado. Magic was even worse. The coach not only quit, but destroyed the gold team, it no longer exist. This is hardly elite.
just4fun

by MavFan » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:09 pm

just4fun wrote:
Outsidethefence wrote:
NorthsideDad wrote:Okay folks, I am going to ask does anyone know who these Elite coaches are?

It's been a long time since my last post, but I think everyone should know who the EGCC is... This is an educated guess...

Impact Gold
Peppers
Eclipse
Sudden Impact
Storm (x2)
Power
Magic
MC Elite
Intruders

If the actions of this committee really bothers you, then call up your coach and express your concerns to him. It should be added that at least one of these teams held open practices prior to ASA Nationals. Come on folks, tryout violations is not really the issue.

What really needs to happen is all the Gold coaches in Texas need to gather for a meeting to discuss all issues at hand. It could be held at the Astrodome (finally we have as use for that old venue)! Considering there is 10,000+ gold coaches in Texas. LOL

Explain why you believe these are the "elite" teams. There is only one team listed that has done anything in the past few years. Yes, the ring leader, Impact. However, you can't say this was coaching, since most of the kids were already good before they came there.
The other teams haven't done anything in ASA or Premier. Two of the teams were so bad the coaches quit. Eclipse coach was so fed up with his inability to coach D1 players he quit after Colorado. Magic was even worse. The coach not only quit, but destroyed the gold team, it no longer exist. This is hardly elite.

Which team are you associated with?

What is your definition of "done anything"?

Which coaches quit?
MavFan

by just4fun » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:50 am

Which team are you associated with? Obviously, not Impact

What is your definition of "done anything"? Finish in the Top 3 at ASA or Premier

Which coaches quit? Come-on, anybody around Houston last summer knows this.
just4fun

by Outsidethefence » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:38 am

MavFan wrote:You say educated guess, I say opinion

It would not matter if my kid did play for one of the organizations you guessed at.

I just think that there is no reason to call out people that you do not know for sure are involved.

I don't know who is involved, I just think it sucks for the kids on AE, Kaos and Firecrackers.

We do agree on one thing MavFan, "it sucks for the kids on AE, Kaos, and FC's". I would like to add that it really sucks for all of softball. My DD played on IG for 2 years, got committed while playing for them. We have many friends there still playing, as well as all the other teams in Houston. This whole issue is not good for softball in the Houston area or the relationships we have built with our friends (and foes) in softball.

BTW, it's not an opionion or an educated guess, and they did deserve to be called out. The list is correct. Final post... this thing is almost resolved. ;)
Outsidethefence

by FanForever » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:02 am

just4fun wrote:Which coaches quit? Come-on, anybody around Houston last summer knows this.

If they know what you think you know, then they are wrong also.
FanForever

by NorthsideDad » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:25 am

One thing is clear the damage has been done and I hope the Elite Committee realize how much they have hurt many of the girls even though their intention was to prove a point. I hope when they walk up to the fields this weekend they remember what harm they caused and just grow up. Let all teams play without pulling rank and telling a tournament director to kick a team(s) off. Play fairly and treat every team the same. Good luck to all the teams.
NorthsideDad

by just4fun » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:56 am

FF, you are the only one wrong. Just ask the Impact girls that played for them last year.
just4fun

by FanForever » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:32 pm

just4fun wrote:FF, you are the only one wrong. Just ask the Impact girls that played for them last year.

No need to. Eclipse coach was in New Jersey tournament (after Colorado) and is still coaching Eclipse. Saw him coaching at the tournament last week. Might want to look for a more reliable source before posting things based on rumor. If you did not see him too, then I can tell which teams you are NOT on (fact).
FanForever

by fastpitchforever » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:33 pm

Outsidethefence wrote:
MavFan wrote:You say educated guess, I say opinion

It would not matter if my kid did play for one of the organizations you guessed at.

I just think that there is no reason to call out people that you do not know for sure are involved.

I don't know who is involved, I just think it sucks for the kids on AE, Kaos and Firecrackers.

We do agree on one thing MavFan, "it sucks for the kids on AE, Kaos, and FC's". I would like to add that it really sucks for all of softball. My DD played on IG for 2 years, got committed while playing for them. We have many friends there still playing, as well as all the other teams in Houston. This whole issue is not good for softball in the Houston area or the relationships we have built with our friends (and foes) in softball.

BTW, it's not an opionion or an educated guess, and they did deserve to be called out. The list is correct. Final post... this thing is almost resolved. ;)

I hope you are right. If or when this all blows over, the organizations, teams, coaches, and players for IG and SI, the main drivers behind all this, will be left with crap all over them. Some will say it's well deserved, others like myself will have sympathy for the parents and kids that were dragged into this by a bunch of old men that can't seem to remember that the game is not about them. Maybe these 3 team's coaches were out of line, but nobody wins when a mafia environment tries to take over.

Also sadly, my family has friends on both teams, parents and kids alike, and for like others in Houston, those relationships look to be coming to an end as a result of these actions.
fastpitchforever
Premium Member
Premium Member

by just4fun » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:46 pm

FanForever wrote:
just4fun wrote:FF, you are the only one wrong. Just ask the Impact girls that played for them last year.

No need to. Eclipse coach was in New Jersey tournament (after Colorado) and is still coaching Eclipse. Saw him coaching at the tournament last week. Might want to look for a more reliable source before posting things based on rumor. If you did not see him too, then I can tell which teams you are NOT on (fact).

My source was my own two eyes. When I saw them, Glass wasn't there. Players and parents told me he quit. Impact has their ace pitcher, ask her what happened.
just4fun

PreviousNext

Return to TX