Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Looking for a Travel Ball club ?

by Softballa2k » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:43 pm

I will be moving to San Antonio from California. I would like to know who the Top organizations are? I am looking for a 98 team. I am willing to travel.
Softballa2k

by Bleacher Creature » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:49 pm

Bombers. They play by the rules and have been around for long enough to help your kiddo on her way.
"If you aint first your last"
Bleacher Creature
Premium Member
Premium Member

by just4fun » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:30 pm

Bleacher Creature wrote:Bombers. They play by the rules and have been around for long enough to help your kiddo on her way.

Yea, the Impact Rules. Read the other threads. If you want to play for an organizaion that blackballs other teams from tournaments, give them a shot.
just4fun

by Bleacher Creature » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:15 pm

Sorry, Someone read way too much into what I wrote. They are the best in the area and can do the best for your your kiddo.
Good luck to you and welcome to Texas !
"If you aint first your last"
Bleacher Creature
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DonnieS » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:17 am

Bleacher Creature wrote:Sorry, Someone read way too much into what I wrote. They are the best in the area and can do the best for your your kiddo.
Good luck to you and welcome to Texas !

I agree about the Bombers - and Scott Smith (head of the Bombers) - I would also consider Austin Storm, (Coach Phil), and the team out of Round Rock as well - Blaze. Do your due diligence and go watch them practice - watch them play - get to know the families involved now. The ones we were around when my girls were playing have moved on - my concern about the Bombers is this, Scott's little girl is up at Illinois now and I believe he is involved coaching with his son and so will his interest and focus still be on the Bombers and their girls. But they put on and have put on the best and most well attended tournaments through my kid's playing years and the Bombers have always done well. But check out the other teams out there - and no doubt there are other teams that have organized in the last couple of years that should be looked at. We dont live close to any of these people but we did know them all a few years back. Regardless of what you might read and hear - go and ask and find out for yourself. What doesnt work for someone may work for you.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by catcherdad » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:58 am

Donnie is right. For some reason, San Antonio with its large population has not been able to produce a program that consistently plays in ASA A National tournaments. The Bombers go down there to play in the Metros and they win every year. Some years, no opponents show up. So, if you are willing to travel, you should consider the Texas Bombers out of New Braunfels, the Austin Storm out of South Austin, and Texas Blaze out of Round Rock. The Bombers and Blaze have recently created San Antonio teams, but it is too early to tell if they will be competitive in the long run on the field. You will hear a lot of good and bad about these programs. The results are pretty clear, they place kids in college and they play well on the field competitive with most teams in the country. Investigate and see which team is for your player.
catcherdad

by Softballa2k » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:51 pm

I will definantly do my research of the teams. But it is kind of hard to decide without meeting coaches and seeing the girls. I also looking for more info onImpact gold, firecrackers sudden impact and Texas eclipse. Where are they based out of, do they have a good 98 or 99 team, do they have a good college recruiting program?
Softballa2k

by freetacos » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:12 pm

Too funny....thats a big ole can of worms there.... :lol: :lol:

ft
freetacos

by frito_burrito » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:58 am

i es purty sure all o de teamz serve de own especial koolaid. sonetime it es bery powerful an fast acting. sonetime it es de slow release formula dat last a long long time. i es prefer mine wit de mescal.
THIS ES FRITO BURRITO AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
frito_burrito
Premium Member
Premium Member

by freetacos » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:17 am

I'm pretty sure that was just a troll passing through... :lol:

ft
freetacos

Next

Return to TX