Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Looking for a Travel Ball club ?

by just4fun » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:54 pm

Softballa2k wrote:I will definantly do my research of the teams. But it is kind of hard to decide without meeting coaches and seeing the girls. I also looking for more info onImpact gold, firecrackers sudden impact and Texas eclipse. Where are they based out of, do they have a good 98 or 99 team, do they have a good college recruiting program?

Here's an idea, get the 4 coaches together and interview them, but don't forget Aces.
just4fun

by 93players » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:07 pm

Impact Gold is one option for softball players. They are solid but there is much puff on that website. Let's talk about the DAN Team and the games in CALI. Impact should have more depth than they have. They take too much credit for players who have signed before they get to Impact. A top program would have more class than that. I know they take great pains to schedule certain teams against their team in their own tourneys and they make demands on other programs so they can pad their record. Do they deserve Kudos for the ASA run -- yes. They do have a great record at placing kids into several Texas schools. But, the program does not deserve much respect because they have not earned it.
93players

by hit4power » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:35 am

Eclipse, Sudden Impact, and Impact are all in the greater Houston area. You would be driving about 3hrs from San Antonio to their practice facilities. If you are willing to look at Houston area teams then as someone else mentioned you should look at Aces Express, and I would add the Houston Power as well. Both have very strong college placement records and have access to the top exposure tourneys.

That said, all the teams mentioned in this thread Bombers, Blaze,.....Power are rather different in how they are run, the coaches styles, and the players they typically have and the schools they are putting kids into. You will need to do some due diligence to find the best fit for your DD.
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Softballa2k » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:34 am

It looks like I will be driving no matter where the team is. Just does not seem to be much in San Antonio. What teams are in the DFW area? I heard the firecrackers from California have a organization near Dallas. I am looking for great coaching, a team that has a good college reputation and NO daddy ball.
Softballa2k

by hit4power » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:56 am

The Dallas-Fort Worth area (DFW) is even further than Houston from San Antonio. THe two established org's are Glory and Batbusters. Since I live in Houston, I'm not placed to comment on either beyond the fact that they each have multiple teams and have qualified for ASA Nat's pretty consistently. The Firecrackers, I believe, are new to Texas and I don't know anything about them.

Before you commit to drive either to DFW or Houston, as someone suggested I'd look at the Austin area teams (Storm and Blaze) and see what you think.
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

by MavFan » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:35 am

Dont forget to check out the Bombers.
MavFan

by hers » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:53 pm

Bomber org is worth a look. Houston is closer than DFW but still to far to drive weekly. The Cali Firecracker org over seen by Rico is a good ball club. The Firecracker group out of Houston follows closely to his teaching and may warrant a look by you. i would not waste your time or money researching the DFW Firecracker group. Glory is strong and the Batbusters are struggling.
Good luck to you and welcome to Texas!
hers

by You don't say » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:09 pm

hers wrote:The Cali Firecracker org over seen by Rico is a good ball club. The Firecracker group out of Houston follows closely to his teaching and may warrant a look by you.

The only thing being overseen is to make sure the fees are deposited in his bank account.
You don't say

by freetacos » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Warning...warning

Before joining the houston firecracker team I would strongly suggest looking at Connie Mays history with softball teams in the houston area. The lady (I use that term very loosely) is a walking talking team cancer. Ask her how many teams/orgs have sent her packing.

The past don't lie!!

ft
freetacos

by hers » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:44 pm

Unless you are joining the Cali Firecrackers you should run the other way in texas.
hers

PreviousNext

Return to TX