Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Rene Natal - San Marcos Roughriders Coach Dies in Car Crash

by catcherdad » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:53 am

I have known Rene for about 6 years, playing in his tournaments and he played in our Fastpitch Express. We always visited when we were playing at the same place. He loved softball and the players. He worked hard at giving many Central Texas kids a place to play. Rene was a good man -- he had a frivolous, fun side to his personality, but he respected and learned from his opponents. I loved how in recent years he rented Bobcat Stadium to allow teams to rotate from Garry job corps fields to Texas State. The kids loved playing there. I saw in the paper that his team was holding a fundraiser for his funeral expenses. Rene was a great guy and I will miss him.

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/bel ... 58405.html
catcherdad

by BleacherFun » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:06 am

catcherdad wrote:I have known Rene for about 6 years, playing in his tournaments and he played in our Fastpitch Express. We always visited when we were playing at the same place. He loved softball and the players. He worked hard at giving many Central Texas kids a place to play. Rene was a good man -- he had a frivolous, fun side to his personality, but he respected and learned from his opponents. I loved how in recent years he rented Bobcat Stadium to allow teams to rotate from Garry job corps fields to Texas State. The kids loved playing there. I saw in the paper that his team was holding a fundraiser for his funeral expenses. Rene was a great guy and I will miss him.

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/bel ... 58405.html

Wow. That's awful. Thoughts and prayers with the family, and his extended softball family. God Bless them all!!! :cry:
BleacherFun

by catcherdad » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:58 pm

I have taken this text from the Roughriders website. http://www.eteamz.com/texasroughridersgold/

More information is on the site about funeral arrangement and donations:

It is with heavy hearts that we announce our beloved Head Coach, Organizational Head, Friend and Mentor was lost to us Friday night September 14, 2012 in a tragic automobile accident. Coach Rene Natal will be very missed by all. We ask that you join us in lifting up Coach Rene’s immediate family and very large extended softball family in prayer to help through this very difficult time.

Players we encourage you to seek counseling from your parent, coach, teammates, or school counselors. It helps in time of grief to be able to communicate the emotions you may be experiencing at this time. A tragic and sudden loss such as this is very difficult to deal with and Coach Rene would not want you to have to deal with this on your own. He would want the best for you as he always has, and would not want any of you to bear undue hardships…

Coach Rene and Coach “A” Adrian (affectionately dubbed his right hand man) has touched many young ladies lives. Coach Rene has always done a wonderful job coaching and mentoring young women into professional, respected ball players. Coach Rene was just as much for individual development as he was for team mentoring and development. Actually I believe he was more focused on individual mentoring and development and the team part just came naturally after he accomplished the individual. Coach Rene had a great sense of humor (although a tad bit dry…) and loved to play practical jokes whenever the opportunity arose, especially on Coach “A”, but all was done in good fun and they love/loved each other like brothers. We have many wonderful memories, good times, good people and just plain good ole’ fun as Texas Rough Riders. Coach Rene lived for the game; life was all about softball and his dedication and hard work has left him a long legacy of exceptional athletes that display qualities that any recruiting sports team looks for; stamina, dedication, drive, integrity, dependability, accountability, and most of all a love for the game! He never got too excited or worked up, if you screwed up his most aggressive statement might be “Really???” He was an awesome Coach, Friend, and Mentor and he will be truly missed by all that were fortunate enough to have had him touch their lives. I came across a posting on Face book that Jessica Cheyenne had posted on Sara Hidalgo Cooks wall, which read:

“Dear Lord, as we go through the battles of life we ask for a chance that's fair, a chance to compete with all our stride, the courage to do or dare! If we shall win let it be by the code, faith and honor held high. If we should lose we'll stand by the road and cheer as the winners go by. Day by day, better and better, a team that will not be beat, cannot be beat.. Amen!”

We felt this was a good quote to describe our beloved Coach and friend. Coach Rene’s time on this side has passed, but he will forever live in the hearts of those that love him. To an awesome coach, wonderful friend, great mentor, we love you and will miss you.
catcherdad

Return to TX