by frito_burrito » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:59 am

THIS ES FRITO BURRITO AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
frito_burrito
Premium Member
Premium Member

by cuzmail » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:52 am

frito_burrito wrote:Image

Nice one FB. :lol:
I really like the side holstered firearm incase she gets outta hand.
There's one in every crowd!
cuzmail

by frito_burrito » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:03 am

cuzmail wrote:
frito_burrito wrote:Image

Nice one FB. :lol:
I really like the side holstered firearm incase she gets outta hand.

no de firearm es for you when you es get tired of fighting wit de peetcher daughter.
THIS ES FRITO BURRITO AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
frito_burrito
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Phantomz08 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:16 pm

cuzmail wrote:
DP3816 wrote:How about soccer shin guards? More importantly as your DD gaims velocity you need to start thinking about cups! If you don't think a pitch is going to get away and smack you in the twig and berries then you're in for a surprise.

Exactly what I hoped this thread would produce - thoughts on what the best type of leg guard would be. Soccer style is an option.

I really think that the turn to the right side eliminates the need for a cup. The area exposed would be my left upper thigh. It would have to be a mean screwball to curve in to the manhood in that position. :o

Frito Burrito knows nothing about catching a pitcher. His dd might?? :o

Soccer shin guards will do for where you are right now, but when she starts chunking a little faster, you will want your whole leg from the top of the knee to your big toes covered.

Your dd will benefit more if you don't have to use the 2:00 method. Trust me on that one. It will make her think about not hitting you more than thinking about mastering that drop or screw or even the change up. I cannot catch my dd anymore, maybe because I am 52 and my reflexes are not as good. I was wearing a mask, cup and shin guards so if carrying more equipmet is that much of a hassle, get (pay) somebody to catch her. That is what we do now.
They get soooooo much more out of pitching to a catcher when that time comes.
If it ain't broke, why fix it??
Phantomz08
Premium Member
Premium Member

by cuzmail » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:21 am

Thanks for the input.

Bought a couple of soccer shin guards yesterday. We practiced last night and they work just fine.
This will be a good "fix" until we get to the point that someone else will need to take over my catching job.

Good point about turning sideways. I will need to look into this more with her.
There's one in every crowd!
cuzmail

by DP3816 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:29 am

cuzmail wrote:Thanks for the input.

Bought a couple of soccer shin guards yesterday. We practiced last night and they work just fine.
This will be a good "fix" until we get to the point that someone else will need to take over my catching job.

Good point about turning sideways. I will need to look into this more with her.

Best of luck to you. I hope you stay injury free and your DD becomes a great pitcher!
DP3816

by etx bd » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:11 am

I used the soccer shin guards for awhile at that age, they worked fine. I did not like turning to the side because it limited my reach and DD used my knees and shoulders as targets(not the glove). That translated better to game situations, didn't matter who was catching and where they put the glove the knees and shoulders are pretty much in the same place.
I also pulled my feet back up under me and against the sides of the bucket on pitches likely to go in the dirt.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books
etx bd

Previous

Return to TX