Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Who are the best 14u teams in texas??

by SoftballFan15 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:41 am

I was not referring to North Texas teams, I was reffering to Texas teams in general.
SoftballFan15

by SoftballFan15 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:43 am

I know that the Houston area teams last year did well in National events (ASA)
SoftballFan15

by justawatcher » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:45 pm

SoftballFan15 wrote:I have learned that it matters not what happens this time of year, th best teams seem to do well
in the summer when it counts. I know that here in North Texas, we have many teams that seem to coast all year, but seem to play well when it counts in the summer. I do not know if it is coaching or players, or what, but it seems the best teams show themselves in June and July.

SoftballFan15 wrote:I was not referring to North Texas teams, I was reffering to Texas teams in general.

I was referring to your post, not something else you were referring to.
justawatcher

by softballdaddi » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:19 pm

pbj2000 wrote:Hats off to the Austin Stars for running through the bracket...definately need to be mentioned

I for one, would love to see the Austin Stars play at PGF in Cali :D . DD played with one of the kid's on a different team. Won't mention names, but her brother plays in the NFL. ;)
softballdaddi

by Softball Papa » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:13 am

It will be interesting to see how the ASA challenges pan out. They are single elimination and almost all of the top teams in Texas have signed up. I wouldnt be surprised if there was a different winner in each tourney.

I dont like the fact that you have to almost win 3 tourneys just to get a bid. Teams who cant make all 3 events have not shot at getting a bid to ASA nationals.
Softball Papa

by justawatcher » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:00 pm

Softball Papa wrote:I dont like the fact that you have to almost win 3 tourneys just to get a bid. Teams who cant make all 3 events have not shot at getting a bid to ASA nationals.

If a team is a real contender and is serious about qualifying for ASA, why would they not be able to make the events?

No shot? Why not just qualify through HOF, National @ College Station, or Regional @ Wichita Falls? Looks to me like they have 3 "shots" other than the Challenge Series.
justawatcher

by Softball Papa » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:45 pm

justawatcher wrote:
Softball Papa wrote:No shot? Why not just qualify through HOF, National @ College Station, or Regional @ Wichita Falls? Looks to me like they have 3 "shots" other than the Challenge Series.

I guess youre right as far as the other shots are concerned. I wasnt aware of those.

So if you qualify for the HOF game, you also get a bid to Nationals? Or do you have to do well at the HOF to get the bid?
Softball Papa

by justawatcher » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:54 pm

Softball Papa wrote:So if you qualify for the HOF game, you also get a bid to Nationals? Or do you have to do well at the HOF to get the bid?

No. Qualifying in Longview just gets you to OKC. You have to place top 8 there to get a berth to Normal.
justawatcher

by PDad » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:24 pm

justawatcher wrote:
Softball Papa wrote:So if you qualify for the HOF game, you also get a bid to Nationals? Or do you have to do well at the HOF to get the bid?

No. Qualifying in Longview just gets you to OKC. You have to place top 8 there to get a berth to Normal.

Top 8 guarantees you a berth. Usually some of the top finishers already have a berth, so some of the 8 berths there get passed down to the next highest finishers.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Vice » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:47 am

The Texas Storm won in Sugarland a few weeks ago going through the Power 7-2. They just won the 1st leg of the ASA Texas Challenge Series going 10-0. They beat Texas Elite and a few other to Run Rule the Bombers in the Championship Game.
Vice

PreviousNext

Return to TX