Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Who are the best 14u teams in texas??

by simsity19 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:40 am

Impact Gold 98 Elder looks tough. Deep at every position, can bang and run. They have rarely been tested but have already won a high school tourney in Beaumont from what I understand. Cal and Fla could have their hands full with this bunch.
simsity19

by daddiballa » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:43 am

simsity19 wrote:Cal and Fla could have their hands full with this bunch.

maybe they will actually go to pgf this year and we can all find out
daddiballa

by softballdaddi » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:28 am

daddiballa wrote:

That would be cooool! Pgfpgfpgfpggfpgfpgfpgf
softballdaddi

by Cipher » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:46 am

daddiballa wrote:

So they can go and play the California teams in their own back yard?

PGF is a joke.

One of the reasons that PGF was created was because ASA made Gold teams go to OKC every year and they said that it wasnt fair to the Cali teams. So everyone else just has to go to the most expensive state in the country to play ball when the Cali teams get to stay at home? Thanks but I will pass.

If it helps the Cali teams to sleep at night saying that PGF is the best, then so be it,.
Cipher

by justawatcher » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:37 am

Cipher wrote:Thanks but I will pass.

I think they were talking about players on the 98 Impact team. We all appreciate the 2 cents though.
justawatcher

by NumeroUno » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:03 pm

Cipher wrote:
daddiballa wrote:

PGF is a joke.

One of the reasons that PGF was created was because ASA made Gold teams go to OKC every year and they said that it wasnt fair to the Cali teams. So everyone else just has to go to the most expensive state in the country to play ball when the Cali teams get to stay at home? Thanks but I will pass.

If it helps the Cali teams to sleep at night saying that PGF is the best, then so be it,.

I bet if you ask your DD if she wants to go to Cal to a national tourney she will say yes. In july it will be 75 degrees with a ocean breeze, 5 minutes from Huntngton Beach pier. Did I mention Disneyland, knotts berry farm and a 1000 other things to do within a 45 minute drive.

I hear what you are saying about moving it from okla but u can't beat the So Cal weather anywhere that time a year. Come out out we can go fishing :) ;)
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Cipher » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:44 pm

NumeroUno wrote:
Cipher wrote:
daddiballa wrote:

PGF is a joke.

I bet if you ask your DD if she wants to go to Cal to a national tourney she will say yes. In july it will be 75 degrees with a ocean breeze, 5 minutes from Huntngton Beach pier. Did I mention Disneyland, knotts berry farm and a 1000 other things to do within a 45 minute drive.

I hear what you are saying about moving it from okla but u can't beat the So Cal weather anywhere that time a year. Come out out we can go fishing :) ;)

I will not argue that the weather in SoCal in July is better than OKC but there is NOTHING cheap about being there. There are a lot more things to do in So Cal but they are all EXPENSIVE.

My point was that one of the main reasons that I was told that PGF was forming was because ASA refused to have any Gold Nationals anywhere except OKC. So what's the difference in what PGF is doing except now the profits are going into PGF pockets while the rest of the country is expected to pay the expensive travel to get there, the expensive hotels and food when they get there and if they want to go and see anything that costs too. I do think that PGF made ASA do what they should have done on their own, but it is sort of ironic that they do the EXACT same thing. At least MOST ASA teams have to qualify and are not given a berth based on the name of their organization.

I would love to go fishing while I am there though as long as I get to keep what I catch. That will save me from a 75 dollar trip for dinner. :-)
Cipher

by Ingrmalies » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:17 pm

taking2 wrote:
justawatcher wrote:
taking2 wrote:The 98's, the good ones, will be playing 16u this Spring. 14u is a "one and done" age group nowadays.

Agreed.

softballdaddi wrote:99s as some of best teams in Texas. No 98s??? Pass what you're drinking I can use that right now!

There very well may be some strong 98 teams that intend on playing 14U. None that I know of, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Instead of talking about sharing my drink, why don't you let us know who they are?

We do have this conversation every year. Last year we had a poster continue to insist that there were herds of 97 teams playing high school ball that would come down and topple all of the teams mentioned in our threads. He of course could not name any, and no one ever saw them. The year prior, it was the same case with the 96s. So again, I'm certainly not arguing with you, but if you know some teams-add them to the conversation. That's what this thread was created for.

I was "that" poster you are referring to. I learned my lesson last year. There are no 98's.

The only 97 team that came down last year was Fusion Spuria - did quite well at ASA Natls.

Was at a friendly last weekend in Southlake, the best 14u team out there was Elite Papes - The next best was the Glory team Keith Allen was coaching. I wonder if that team is staying together? They looked tough.

^^^^^^^ LOL...a friendly in February to decide who was the best?!?! Since you were there, what was their record against the other teams? What was the makeup of the "Glory" team you referred to?
Ingrmalies

by pbj2000 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:16 pm

Who had the best record in a friendly in Feb... :o it's like who won the first or 2nd tournament in Feb...NOBODY CARES...

geez where'd you find this guy? :ugeek:

edit....

taking2 I just realized it was you who made the comment...come on man you know better than to make a comment about who "looked" good in a friendly in Feb...this ain't your first rodeo
Peanut Butter and Jelly baby
pbj2000

by taking2 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:45 am

I did not say that the friendly determined who the best 14u team is. I commented on the team(s) that looked good and are most likely going to be competitive this Spring. Come on...man. Maybe you are just upset I did not mention your dd's team!?!?

If you watch the game at all, you can tell who has the talent, regardless of the venue and time of year.
taking2

PreviousNext

Return to TX