Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Softball in San Antonio

by TXBaller99 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:59 pm

I will be moving to San Antonio this summer. I am would like to know who the best HS softball programs are in the area? I am also looking for a Travel team 14u or 16u? I am willing to drive for a good program. I am looking for good coaching, no daddy ball and good college exposure.
TXBaller99

by 93players » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:45 am

Well, you would think that a city of this size in Texas would have several great national softball programs. There have been teams that show some glimpses of success at 18U, Challengers, Royals, Hitt, Corps, but the consistency is just no there. In fact, the SA City ASA Metros have been won by the Texas Bombers, out of New Braunfels. Two years ago, two programs created South teams, Texas Blaze out of ROund ROck and Bombers out of New Braunfels.

I know you will not like what I have to say, but I would play on a team out of town. I would go to the real Bombers, or one of the teams on the Katy side of Houston or in AUstin. Check out the sites, see the college commitments, check out the teams. Find a program that plays ASA A Nationals year in and year out.
93players

by TXBaller99 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:02 pm

So far I have looked at Tx Bombers, Texas Impact and TX Firecrackers. I haven't found much info and the web sites don't tell a lot. How about high school teams in the San Antonio area?
TXBaller99

by frito_burrito » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:45 am

smithson valley, sa oconner, canyon es de high schools. de bombers es closest to santonio. blaze, platinum, storm es en austin.
THIS ES FRITO BURRITO AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
frito_burrito
Premium Member
Premium Member

by hit4power » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:28 pm

Well, you would think that a city of this size in Texas would have several great national softball programs. There have been teams that show some glimpses of success at 18U, Challengers, Royals, Hitt, Corps, but the consistency is just no there. In fact, the SA City ASA Metros have been won by the Texas Bombers, out of New Braunfels. Two years ago, two programs created South teams, Texas Blaze out of ROund ROck and Bombers out of New Braunfels.

I know you will not like what I have to say, but I would play on a team out of town. I would go to the real Bombers, or one of the teams on the Katy side of Houston or in AUstin. Check out the sites, see the college commitments, check out the teams. Find a program that plays ASA A Nationals year in and year out.

Sad but true - I'd look at Storm, Blaze, or Platinum in Austin as Frito said, or in the Katy area (west side of Houston) look at the Power. Impact is probably the strongest Houston area program - if your DD is good enough to make it, then probably worth the drive. Plan on about 2 to 2.5 hours from SA to west side of Houston depending on traffic and which part of SA you live in. Figure closer to 3 hours up to the north side of Houston where the Impact practice.
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchguru » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:42 pm

I hate to say it but softball in San Antonio is pretty week! Now softball in the New Braunfels area is maybe some of the best in the state of Texas! There have been 3 state Championships from that neck area since 2009 from two different schools Canyon and Smithson Valley and the other school New Braunfels is really good as well!

As far as travel ball goes their is absolutely no reason to go to Houston to play on any of those teams any longer! Maybe 4 or 5 years ago that made sense but not any more! The Texas Blaze out of Austin and the Texas Bombers out of the New Braunfels area are every bit as good as any team out Houston now! The Bombers have become the better of the two between the Blaze and Bombers....but both are very good!

the ole man
fastpitchguru

by TXBaller99 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:58 pm

I have been looking at Canyon, Smithson Valley and Judson HS right now. As far as travel I have looked at TX Bombers, but I see their is a lot of parents as coaches. Here in California daddy ball ruins a lot of teams, but I have seen it work for a couple of teams. I have also been looking at TX Firecrackers and Texas Impact also Texas Glory.
TXBaller99

by Phantomz08 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:20 am

TXBaller99 wrote:I have been looking at Canyon, Smithson Valley and Judson HS right now. As far as travel I have looked at TX Bombers, but I see their is a lot of parents as coaches. Here in California daddy ball ruins a lot of teams, but I have seen it work for a couple of teams. I have also been looking at TX Firecrackers and Texas Impact also Texas Glory.

You should try and talk to Scott about his organization and he will clear up all your doubts about rather daddy ball is part of his program. He is a class act and if we weren't playing for the Aces, we would probably be playing for him.

Mark
If it ain't broke, why fix it??
Phantomz08
Premium Member
Premium Member

by frito_burrito » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:46 pm

de mark he es dunno wat class es. he drinks his malt liquer with a straw. he es purty good bout who es maybe de good coach
THIS ES FRITO BURRITO AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
frito_burrito
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AE27 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:55 pm

frito_burrito wrote:de mark he es dunno wat class es. he drinks his malt liquer with a straw. he es purty good bout who es maybe de good coach

Your gonna have to be more specific here Frito. You know dang right well I don't drink malt liquor!!
AE27

Return to TX