Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Who are the Top HS teams in Texas?

by ntxsftbllnut » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:12 pm

4A #9 McKinney North goes down to defeat. Denton Ryan 2-1.
ntxsftbllnut

by Skarp » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:20 pm

3Bsnag wrote:In this area, I would say:
Garland
Marcus
Keller
Northwest (don't know this year since B. Barnhill is gone)
McKinney North (4A)
Denton Ryan (4A)

How is the program at Carroll High School in Southlake? I know they have a powerhouse football program (always near the top of national polls). Does their dominance extend to other sports as well? Just curious b/c I have a friend with kids in that district and he's always talking it up. Thx.
There is no charge for awesomeness
...or attractiveness.
Skarp
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 3Bsnag » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:00 am

Great school (affluent, % of kids going to 4 yr college, state tests, etc), but not even a threat in softball so far. They are proud of their Dragons as evidenced by the stickers on their Range Rovers. I think those stickers are issued with your water bill and you're fined $5mm if you don't put it on :D They did produce UT big hitter Tallie Thrasher though.

As for other sports, I didn't know. You want to give him a hard time? Ask him how their cheerleaders are getting along. LOL.
3Bsnag

by DonnieS » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:29 am

There is a team down on the border that stands out - its difficult to know how good they are, they beat a tough 4A school, Kingsville this last weekend. This is Pharr-San Juan-Alamo (PSJA) - the kids are hitters and they have a pitcher -I think she is a junior who was pretty tough throughout the tournament. Our high school group plays a tournament down there every February and Kingsvllle or our school had dominated for the last 9 years, but 'no mas'. I am going to try and watch them through the season and see if they are for real or just a flash. Their problem is getting decent competition and for that reason alone, I doubt they will get far but like we all say, who knows on any given day.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Lori » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:17 am

Skarp---Southlake Carroll is absolutely HORRIBLE!!

Southlake is about football, football, football, and more football.

Poor girls there have nothing to look forward to in the near future.
Lori

Previous

Return to TX