Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Gold teams

by DP3816 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Can someone please tell me how you become a "Gold" team? I honestly don't understand.
DP3816

by daddiballa » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:35 pm

thats easy man. Just get 6 or 7 kids and make a 16u team. then go on your website and call yourself "gold"
you may not win many games, you wont qualify for anything, and none of your kids will get committed, but at least you can call yourself gold!
daddiballa

by txfastptchcoach » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:35 pm

bigbaddude wrote:
DP3816 wrote:Can someone please tell me how you become a "Gold" team? I honestly don't understand.
I heard that once upon a time you had to qualify for a National Gold Tournament (generally means 18U) to be able to call yourself "Gold". Apparently now a days, all you have to do is put it on your jersey at any age level. Is that true?

Gold teams change from year to year. Predominately the top organizations qualify every year but not always. Every year in ASA they have 64 teams across the country that will be Gold teams for that specific year. You have to Qualify for Gold Nationals by playing in Gold qualifiers; i.e. Regional and National qualifiers across the country. Just because they have Gold by their name doesn't always mean they are a Gold team. Anyone can signup to play in qualifiers you just have to get the job done by finishing in top 4 depending on how many berths are giving out per event. These events are not like regular tournaments because they usually have 50+ teams signed up to play in each event. I hope this helps you understand how it works. The top 2 teams from previous years Nationals automatically earn berth for next year.
txfastptchcoach

by Outsidethefence » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:45 pm

txfastptchcoach wrote:
bigbaddude wrote:
DP3816 wrote:Can someone please tell me how you become a "Gold" team? I honestly don't understand.
I heard that once upon a time you had to qualify for a National Gold Tournament (generally means 18U) to be able to call yourself "Gold". Apparently now a days, all you have to do is put it on your jersey at any age level. Is that true?

Gold teams change from year to year. Predominately the top organizations qualify every year but not always. Every year in ASA they have 64 teams across the country that will be Gold teams for that specific year. You have to Qualify for Gold Nationals by playing in Gold qualifiers; i.e. Regional and National qualifiers across the country. Just because they have Gold by their name doesn't always mean they are a Gold team. Anyone can signup to play in qualifiers you just have to get the job done by finishing in top 4 depending on how many berths are giving out per event. These events are not like regular tournaments because they usually have 50+ teams signed up to play in each event. I hope this helps you understand how it works. The top 2 teams from previous years Nationals automatically earn berth for next year.

FYI. Top two automatic berths applies to younger age groups. Last year ASA gave the top eight teams berths for this years tournament. Some rules apply to that berth like number of returning players... I heard that this year they may give less automatic berths.
Outsidethefence

by PDad » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:18 am

Outsidethefence wrote:FYI. Top two automatic berths applies to younger age groups. Last year ASA gave the top eight teams berths for this years tournament. Some rules apply to that berth like number of returning players... I heard that this year they may give less automatic berths.

ASA took away all the automatic berths to 18G Nats - apparently starting with 2014 Nats because 2013 JO Berth Report shows returning berths from 2012 Nats.

Article 516 J Delete Returning Berths from previous years Gold National Championship and Champions from the Territorial Gold National Championships.

Comments: Eliminates returning berths from future Gold National Championships

ASA made another change that allows 18A teams to participate in 18G qualifiers without being reclassified as long as they don't earn an 18G berth. This allows 18U teams to have 18A ASA/USA Nats as Plan B instead of 18G Territorial Nats if they don't qualify for 18G Nats.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Lunatic Fringe » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:15 pm

"Gold" appears to be meaningless or next to meaningless in the softball context. I've seen some organizations call thier 16U teams "Gold"
Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.
Mark Twain
Lunatic Fringe

by DP3816 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:02 am

Lunatic Fringe wrote:"Gold" appears to be meaningless or next to meaningless in the softball context. I've seen some organizations call thier 16U teams "Gold"

What got me going about this is seeing a 1st year 12U team that has necer played is now calling themselves Gold!
DP3816

by Lunatic Fringe » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:15 pm

I'm waiting to see a "Platinum" or a "Titanium" or a "Double Platinum" for that matter :roll:
Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.
Mark Twain
Lunatic Fringe

by frito_burrito » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:20 pm

es loco de platinum gold team de play pgf
THIS ES FRITO BURRITO AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
frito_burrito
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchforever » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:12 pm

Lunatic Fringe wrote:I'm waiting to see a "Platinum" or a "Titanium" or a "Double Platinum" for that matter :roll:

We must need that, since there are some on this forum that think "how" you qualify for gold is more important than qualifying itself. Amazing.
fastpitchforever
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to TX