Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Texas Bomber tryouts

by Chris61 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:52 am

Well, tryouts for the Texas Bombers are this weekend. What kind of turnout is expected? Been a lot of changes in the coaching ranks so I'm wondering if that will make a difference. Any thoughts out there???
Chris61

by Chris61 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:23 am

bigbaddude wrote:
Chris61 wrote:Been a lot of changes in the coaching ranks so I'm wondering if that will make a difference.
you care to elaborate? :o

It's on their website. Look under the tryout link.
Chris61

by Catcher's #1fan » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:11 pm

Changes made but same Daddy ball mentality from what I saw at the try out and seen at team announcements Scott and his organization really have a long way to go. Disappointed to see several of their better players left out in favor of coaches kids left on rosters when it was apparent talent wise the coaches kids didn't even look half as impressive as the ones that got cut
Catcher's #1fan

by Chris61 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:51 pm

Catcher's #1fan wrote:Changes made but same Daddy ball mentality from what I saw at the try out and seen at team announcements Scott and his organization really have a long way to go. Disappointed to see several of their better players left out in favor of coaches kids left on rosters when it was apparent talent wise the coaches kids didn't even look half as impressive as the ones that got cut

Yes I totally agree. :) :) :)
Chris61

by centexfastpitch » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:13 pm

bigbaddude wrote:
Chris61 wrote:
Catcher's #1fan wrote:Changes made but same Daddy ball mentality from what I saw at the try out and seen at team announcements Scott and his organization really have a long way to go. Disappointed to see several of their better players left out in favor of coaches kids left on rosters when it was apparent talent wise the coaches kids didn't even look half as impressive as the ones that got cut

Doesn't sound too good. I have always heard they are a top notch organization. Hmmmm? :? :?

Chris seems to be ex-bomber parent. Catcher's Fan seems to have been at tryouts and maybe DD did not make it. Bombers are one of the top organizations in Texas so "Scott and his organization really have a long way to go" seems to be a little much. I have seen plenty of organizations, with paid coaches who had no kid on team, have issues. Focus your time on your kids development and not organization bashing and you will be happy in the long run.
centexfastpitch

by Catcher's #1fan » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:12 am

centexfastpitch wrote:
bigbaddude wrote:
Chris61 wrote:

Doesn't sound too good. I have always heard they are a top notch organization. Hmmmm? :? :?

Chris seems to be ex-bomber parent. Catcher's Fan seems to have been at tryouts and maybe DD did not make it. Bombers are one of the top organizations in Texas so "Scott and his organization really have a long way to go" seems to be a little much. I have seen plenty of organizations, with paid coaches who had no kid on team, have issues. Focus your time on your kids development and not organization bashing and you will be happy in the long run.
Catcher's #1fan

by Catcher's #1fan » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:36 am

Funny how people assume you're an ex bomber or didn't make the team. But if you must know my dd did make the team and other kids that had more talent did get left off because of politics. I know for fact in 3 age groups it happened due to parent coaches. Parents like myself are angry that the best possible teams won't be fielded due to politics. Why should an organization that touts slogans like Loyalty, Honor, Pride, Teamwork, fall short on doing what's right for all kids not just a select group of coaches kids. In two age groups parents are upset that coaches with a clear lack of coaching exp. are going to coach our girls. They deserve better than that no one wants to go thru another season of having Scott take away national level designations from teams or having him move kids from one team to another so they have a chance of winning. It's even more apparent when three of your gold team players leave and try to go to IG. Not to mention other kids in the lower levels leaving because of what is going on. I have my kid there because I know she will get looks and exposure but, at what cost do I associate with what I know in my heart is wrong. All kids suffer in these situations not just the ones that didn't make it but the ones who did also. My focus is on my kid and her talent will alway speak volumes for her I just want her to be able to know character and integrity separate the talented from the great and by what I see in the future from this weekend character and integrity was left out of the selection process.
Catcher's #1fan

by Chris61 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:13 am

bigbaddude wrote:I am going to stick with what I have seen and know. They are still a top notch organization. ;) ;)

Only time will tell, if the current trends continue. ;) ;)
Chris61

by Lone Star Proud » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:37 am

It is all about $$$ now. All dues go to the Bomber organization and then a budgeted amount is allotted for each team for tournament play. Strangely though, no money was budgeted for tournament play in June & July leading up to Nationals. The teams had to come up with that on their own. Isn't that what dues are for? Looking back it seems that most teams then played in less expensive local tournaments against weaker competition trying to save money. It showed at PGF as the 4 Bomber teams that attended went 4-17 overall with only 2 of the 4 wins coming in bracket play. :o
Lone Star Proud

by centexfastpitch » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:36 am

Catcher's #1fan wrote:Funny how people assume you're an ex bomber or didn't make the team. But if you must know my dd did make the team and other kids that had more talent did get left off because of politics. I know for fact in 3 age groups it happened due to parent coaches. Parents like myself are angry that the best possible teams won't be fielded due to politics. Why should an organization that touts slogans like Loyalty, Honor, Pride, Teamwork, fall short on doing what's right for all kids not just a select group of coaches kids. In two age groups parents are upset that coaches with a clear lack of coaching exp. are going to coach our girls. They deserve better than that no one wants to go thru another season of having Scott take away national level designations from teams or having him move kids from one team to another so they have a chance of winning. It's even more apparent when three of your gold team players leave and try to go to IG. Not to mention other kids in the lower levels leaving because of what is going on. I have my kid there because I know she will get looks and exposure but, at what cost do I associate with what I know in my heart is wrong. All kids suffer in these situations not just the ones that didn't make it but the ones who did also. My focus is on my kid and her talent will alway speak volumes for her I just want her to be able to know character and integrity separate the talented from the great and by what I see in the future from this weekend character and integrity was left out of the selection process.

So your solution is to rip your team and the organization, that it is a part of, online?? Seems like you should go to the coaches/Scott and discuss your feelings. Or better yet become a coach so you have input on the selection process. Every organization will have players come and go. Sounds a little hypocritical to be taking advantage of the recruiting part of an organization for the benefit of your kid when you fundamentally disagree with how it is being run. I bet you have considered your other options in the area and know you are still getting a pretty good deal.
centexfastpitch

Next

Return to TX