Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Where is everyone going to be this weekend???

by Ron Burgundy #1 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:53 am

We are going to head on down to Stars Over Texas in Beaumont.
Where will everyone else be?

Safe travels to everyone!
“I immediately regret this decision.” — Ron Burgundy
Ron Burgundy #1

by akks1382 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:27 pm

We will be as well! Safe travels & good luck!
akks1382

by Spud » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:26 pm

God's toilet bowl..... Beaumont...
Spud

by frito_burrito » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:45 am

bigbaddude wrote:Beaumont or bust for us. New team this year.

stfu :roll:
THIS ES FRITO BURRITO AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
frito_burrito
Premium Member
Premium Member

by sbparent12 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:28 am

Stars Over Texas event has really grown over the past few years once the Impact Gold group got involved. I remember when it was 30 or so teams and none from the Houston area. Good deal for Beaumont area.
sbparent12

by frito_burrito » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:20 pm

im sittin here at de bar at cheddars. come on by an have a margarita de tejas wit me.
THIS ES FRITO BURRITO AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
frito_burrito
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchguru » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:48 am

Enjoyed getting over to Beaumont this last weekend and watching some good softball! To me the surprise of the tournament was the little team from Lafayette the Blast beating everybody they played. Great job by them! Also the Texas Bombers Gold team beat a few of the Big Boys pretty soundly...I got to watch the game vs Impact Gold and it was not pretty, the Bombers beat them 8-1 and you could tell the Bombers speed was too much for impact. Also heard they Beat Glory Shelton 7-1 and Houston Power Glowacz 10-2. American Freedom also has a player on their team that can flat hit, don't know who she was but she hit a home run that I saw a long long way! Good times for this old man , looking forward to the rest of the fall...
fastpitchguru

by Lace » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:55 am

fastpitchguru wrote:Enjoyed getting over to Beaumont this last weekend and watching some good softball! To me the surprise of the tournament was the little team from Lafayette the Blast beating everybody they played. Great job by them! Also the Texas Bombers Gold team beat a few of the Big Boys pretty soundly...I got to watch the game vs Impact Gold and it was not pretty, the Bombers beat them 8-1 and you could tell the Bombers speed was too much for impact. Also heard they Beat Glory Shelton 7-1 and Houston Power Glowacz 10-2. American Freedom also has a player on their team that can flat hit, don't know who she was but she hit a home run that I saw a long long way! Good times for this old man , looking forward to the rest of the fall...

Don’t think winning and losing games is relevant in this kind of setting. You want to play well, show well, attract coaches, rotate players in and out, play kids at several positions and bat the roster. Makes is tuff to determine the better team in many games. Things would be done quite differently if both sides were thinking win. Most coaches play it as showcase
Lace

by Ron Burgundy #1 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:26 am

The turn out was nice. College coaches at our games all weekend.

I will say the game times at Ford Park were great and we wern't tromping all over the place. We got in and got out, played some of the best competition in the country and had several girls get offers and invites to visit. Can't ask for better!

Great job Ronnie Cole, we will be back again next year.
“I immediately regret this decision.” — Ron Burgundy
Ron Burgundy #1

by fastpitchguru » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:32 am

I absolutely agree that coaches are moving around players to get seen etc....but hits are hits , pitching is pitching , defense is defense and speed is speed!!! You can tell which teams have it and which teams might not have as much!
fastpitchguru

Next

Return to TX