Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Where is everyone going to be this weekend???

by SoftballFan15 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:55 pm

Totally disagree. Top teams are playing to see who is capable of playing at this level. The top teams don't care about wins in the fall, they are trying to find the best 9 and are moving kids around. Don't bet on what you saw in Beaumont, the cream will rise to the top when it matters in the summer. Happens every year!
SoftballFan15

by fastpitchguru » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:22 pm

Sounds like an interesting way to spin it! I have seen enough softball to know when I am looking at the Cream! Take Care and have a good fall!
fastpitchguru

by justawatcher » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:48 am

fastpitchguru wrote:I absolutely agree that coaches are moving around players to get seen etc....but hits are hits , pitching is pitching , defense is defense and speed is speed!!! You can tell which teams have it and which teams might not have as much!

This is good to hear. I'm already anticipating a higher finish than T-65th at nationals.
justawatcher

by Lunatic Fringe » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:31 pm

What you see (or saw) is not what you get when it comes to many of the top program teams in a September tournament in Beaumont. Still very early in the shake down period for many teams.

Just look at the roster sizes and you can see that
Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.
Mark Twain
Lunatic Fringe

by fastpitchguru » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:06 pm

I got all that! All I am telling you is I was watching two of the top 3 teams in the state of Texas and one looked quite a bit better! That's all.....these kids did not forget how to play between the beginning of August and the beginning of September? And if they are playing the game different because it is a showcase then that does not say much for their approach to the game! That's what college coaches complain about all the time.....teams play different during showcases and the competitive side of the game is lost with some players! One team looked as if that was absolutely not going on with them! The Blast team from Lafayette played the game hard as well!...as I recall they beat the old faithful sentimental pick as well!
fastpitchguru

by Ed Hill » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:02 am

fastpitchguru wrote:I got all that! All I am telling you is I was watching two of the top 3 teams in the state of Texas and one looked quite a bit better! That's all.....these kids did not forget how to play between the beginning of August and the beginning of September? And if they are playing the game different because it is a showcase then that does not say much for their approach to the game! That's what college coaches complain about all the time.....teams play different during showcases and the competitive side of the game is lost with some players! One team looked as if that was absolutely not going on with them! The Blast team from Lafayette played the game hard as well!...as I recall they beat the old faithful sentimental pick as well!

That is the second post that you have mentioned The Blast. I saw them play twice in Beaumont. You sure that we watched the same team? Nothing special there. One of the games I watched, they got pounded. I was told that this team is made up of girls who have either committed to play for Mike Lotief at ULL or who are wanting to get looked at by him. I will say they they did have a 3rd baseman who looked like she could hit it a mile if she connected with one. But overall, just another decent softball team just like the other 60 teams or so there.
Ed Hill

by fastpitchguru » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:44 pm

You must not have watched them play Impact Gold and beat them 1-0 with about 12 strikeouts of the Impact batters! Oh I forgot...strikeouts don't count in the fall! :)
fastpitchguru

by SoftballFan15 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:11 pm

I cant believe this! It is the first outing of the Fall and these guys are determining the National Champion. You can no more tell who are the top teams now that you can predict the weather....
Give me a break!
SoftballFan15

by Lunatic Fringe » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:13 pm

McKinney, anyone?
Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.
Mark Twain
Lunatic Fringe

by yes dear » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:17 am

Plano
yes dear

PreviousNext

Return to TX