Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Where is everyone going to be this weekend???

by Ron Burgundy #1 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:54 am

I think they are just trying to say they look decent. Yes, they are made up mostly of 2014's and 2015's that are not committed (A little late in my opinion). And as far as beating Impact Gold, big deal. There are now 60 Impact Gold teams (just throwing out a number).

I think the tournament was good. Besides paying $3.50 for a soda, that's all I really have to complain about.

The teams we played were all good. All the games were close. Some of our 2014's played each and every game and batted multiple times in games because our coaches are trying to get them seen. We did not go to that "exposure" tournament to win.

What was the best moment of the tournament for you?
“I immediately regret this decision.” — Ron Burgundy
Ron Burgundy #1

by SoftballFan15 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:32 am

I guess with all the tournaments being rained out this weekend we will not be able to determine our National Champion for 2014!
SoftballFan15

by fastpitchguru » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:55 am

Here is the problem with guys like SoftballFan15....you have been drinking the Kool-Aide for so long on the teams like Impact etc. that when you can obviously see a talent shift in the State of Texas , you ignore it and make excuses for it!

I would say one of the telling signs for how much the shift has happened in the last few years , is look at the new Triple Crown Rankings that just came out....and before you dismiss those rankings as well , I believe the rankings that they put together is as comprehensive as our sport can put together (Coaches Poll , Tournament Finishes , College Player Index) If you look at the Top 5 teams in the State of Texas , 4 of the 5 all moved up in the rankings this year and 1 moved down!

1. Texas Glory Shelton (Moved Up from 13th to 4th / +9 spots)
2. Impact Gold (Moved Down from 6th to 12th / -6 spots)
3. Texas Bombers Gold (Moved Up from 33rd to 17th / +16 spots)
4. Sudden Impact Gold (Moved Up from 49th to 26th / +23 spots)
5. Texas Storm Wymer (Moved Up from 57th to 30th / +27 spots

The state of Texas has some great softball teams and the five mentioned above all can beat each other on any given day, the point I am making is that what used to be an absolute no doubt about question that Impact Gold would be the best team in the state is no longer the case!!!

That is what makes every time these guys play one another fun to watch! I just do not get when teams/parents make excuses for getting beat in any game!

Again good luck to everyone out there and have a great fall season!!!
The ole man!
fastpitchguru

by SoftballFan15 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:40 am

Here is the problem with people like fastpitchguru. They base their findings on triple crown rankings and what they see the first times team play in the Fall. There is no way that you can determine the way teams will play in the big tournaments based on that information. Bottom line, you should not be drinking that kool aid this early, wait until it really matters before you taste it.
SoftballFan15

Previous

Return to TX