Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

what to do to make sure that your daughters get scholarships

by frito_burrito » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:52 pm

damn fine question looney toones. if you are referencing a college athletic or academic scholarship then this my answer.
i like to look at it as a lesson in life. when your child decides they want to play sports in college they have set a GOAL. they will have to work hard on many facets to reach this ultimate GOAL. hopefully this will teach them that setting goals and working hard to achieve them is what is necessary to be successful in the future.
or maybe es jus bout de money baby$$$$$Image
THIS ES FRITO BURRITO AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
frito_burrito
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Lunatic Fringe » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:05 pm

Frito, it's always about the money.

It's a damn shame that 18 yr olds have the breadth and depth of opportunity before them that they do. What a waste :D

I want to be 18 again and talented (each is as likely as the other) Who knew what is out there for the taking :?: :!:

My point to my earlier post is that as nice as it would be to send my kid to a softball factory and see her play on ESPN, it would be nicer to see her make more money at 24 than I saw at 34 with a rock solid academic background. Use the system for your benefit instead of letting the system use your kid.
I recall a discussion by the fathers of senior girls at Tomball when my daughter was a freshman. They were commenting on a studdette of a player that they all knew (I didn't) who played 2-3 years ahead of their daughters. This girl was a phenom who was an All American at Baylor who at last sighting was tending bar, tatted up and going to night school trying to get a teaching certificate. What a waste. Thier point to me and each other was that this kid wasted her college years, accomplished nothing that was marketable and is now serving Tecade's in a halter top for tips and blow.

For you youngsters out there, ITS ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY :!: Prepare yourself for life. It's tough out there, and it's alot tougher when you're stupid
Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.
Mark Twain
Lunatic Fringe

Previous

Return to TX