Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Ronald McDonald Bust

by Ron Burgundy #1 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:53 am

Yes we were on of the teams with the 7:30AM game at Collins Park, (6:30 arrival-you know the drill)
We ended up starting our 1st game at 10:40. At 10:15 they brought a bucket of dirt to the field to pack the pitching circle...I can't believe they didnt go to Lowes and buy a couple bags of quick dry and get those fields ready!! POOR PLANNING!!! They were waiting for the sun to dry the fields naturally. They were a muddy mess...

College coaches had been standing there since 7:00AM waiting and waiting!!

Finally when the games did start all the coaches were there. At least 30+ coaches that DD emailed were standing watching her games. It was pretty cool.

If you don't play at Collins and don't email coaches and let them know where you will be, you will not see them. Not sure if they go to the other fields, but they are for sure out and about by the truck loads at Collins.

Other than the delayed start, the weather was gorgeous!!!!
“I immediately regret this decision.” — Ron Burgundy
Ron Burgundy #1

by Vess Express » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:24 am

It is true that they delayed the games by about 4 hours on Saturday at the Dyess fields. It is also true that the teams only played two games instead of three. It wouldn’t have been that big of a deal, if I would have at least had the feeling that they were trying to work on the fields to the best of their ability. We only saw one guy working himself to death, for all 8 fields. It physically takes so much time to dry, drag, and chalk fields, and there should have been more than one guy doing it.

On the good side, the weather was beautiful. 75-80 all day on Friday, sunny, with a slight breeze. Saturday was a little cooler, but still very nice. On the bad side, the roads around that part of Houston are terrible.

And, I tried to keep a mental list in my head of coaches that I had seen. I think that’s important for most people. It is the only reason I would pay the amount of money that these type tournaments ask for.

Coaches/reps that I could specifically make out the name:
UT Dallas
UT Tyler
Kansas
Texas A & M
North Central Texas College
Sam Houston State
Weatherford College
Southern Arkansas
Temple College
University of North Texas
University of Incarnate Word
Galveston College
McNeese State
Blinn College
Tarleton State

A school representative, but I was unsure of their school logo:
Louisiana Tech
University Houston – Victoria
LSU
University of Missouri – KC
Newman (Kansas?)
TSU – TX. Southern or maybe TX. State?
Southern University – Baton Rouge

At least 4 other coaches/reps. that I could not figure out.
Vess Express

by frito_burrito » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:55 pm

scrapyard is a nice complex. like the turf. place felt like a firecracker reunion. i think the allstar game Friday night was a good addition.
THIS ES FRITO BURRITO AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
frito_burrito
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Ron Burgundy #1 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:12 am

My kiddo enjoyed the All-Star game and I'm glad the coaches she emailed came out, $100 well spent!!!

Did any CC's head out to the scrap yard? I heard it was a nice venue.
“I immediately regret this decision.” — Ron Burgundy
Ron Burgundy #1

by Phantomz08 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:05 am

bigbaddude wrote:Glad my dd is graduating and we won't have to deal with that next year. Good luck to all, and to all a good night!
I bet she is glad too. Maybe you will grow up and we won't have to hear from you anymore!!
If it ain't broke, why fix it??
Phantomz08
Premium Member
Premium Member

by justawatcher » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:39 am

Maybe it's just because I hadn't seen my gdds play in so long and I was just happy, but I thought the crew did a good job. If you were there watching it rain in the early morning, you would never have thought that girls would be playing softball later that day. My son-in-law was getting ready to head out after breakfast it was so bad. The conditions were pretty miserable after that but they got them out there. I understand that the situation isn't ideal, but it's not really Ronald McDonald's fault it rained. Sure maybe they could have done some things differently. Hindsight is 20/20. A lot of girls got some good exposure. Get over it.
justawatcher

Return to TX