Alex Lozoya - Mizuno Impulse
2%
David McCorkle - Aces Express Gold
14%
Connie May - Firecrackers Gold
26%

Total votes : 43

by fastpitchguru » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:09 pm

As the fall ends for most 18U Gold teams, I wanted to pose a question that I hope can stay professional. I know sometimes that is difficult to do on this board but I will try. I pose this question strictly on Coaching , not recruiting etc.

Who is the Best Gold Coach in our State? I am really curious what most people think?

Kevin Shelton - Texas Glory
Ken Glass - Texas Eclipse
KC Jackson - Impact Gold
Glenn Bennet - Sudden Impact Gold
Scott Smith - Texas Bombers Gold
Alex Lozoya - Mizuno Impulse
David McCorkle - Aces Express Gold

Or any others I may have not listed? This is just the list that really jumps out!
fastpitchguru

by Ron Burgundy #1 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:28 am

I would actually vote for all these people. The blood sweat and tears these coaches have put into all the girls that have crossed their paths. Helping mold young ladies into successful woman is a huge task and these coaches all did it.....Thank you for all you do!!!
“I immediately regret this decision.” — Ron Burgundy
Ron Burgundy #1

by Lunatic Fringe » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:46 am

I second the motion.

Being a travel ball coach at this level transends common sense. All of these people are extremely dedicated with a strong passion for the game and for helping develop girls into college ready talent. Nevermind the wear and tear from the travel, money out of pocket (not all but there is no way every last dime gets picked up by the team), and the emotional effort it takes to coach and deal with 20+ families and their issues.

I have no idea how good or bad a tactical coach most all of these people are, my DD hasn't played for them. Judging by success on the field doesn't tell you how much the coach got out of the talent he has been given.
Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.
Mark Twain
Lunatic Fringe

by shaunaB » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:03 pm

shaunaB

by just4fun » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:50 pm

Add Joe Wymer to the list. His Storm team finished better than all but Shelton in Premier.
just4fun

by cuzmail » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:16 pm

Kudos to all these guys.

I wish I had the skills to be a Gold coach.
There's one in every crowd!
cuzmail

by MartinPoolingsly » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:49 pm

you left one off the list that is so obvious
MartinPoolingsly

by shorttimer » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:44 pm

This is a funny list. Most of the coaches listed have only had a team at the 18U level for a couple of years and several have only had a team at this level for less than 5 years. Seems that a lot of great coaches don't even appear on the list such as, Texas Storm, Houston Power, Magic Gold and several others. To put teams on the list like Sudden Impact, Firecrackers, Mizuno, Aces Express etc...
The Houston Power coach has qualified for Gold Nationals 14 out of 15 years. Storm has qualified Gold nationals 10 out of 15 years as has Magic. So, I'm not sure what the criteria is or was to be listed.
shorttimer

Return to TX