NTX Bombers (Smith)
No votes
Southern Force (McCloud)
No votes

Total votes : 25

by TXfastpitchsoftball » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:45 am

justawatcher wrote:
TXfastpitchsoftball wrote:
If the AF (Greenway) is a 16u team, why would you list it under the best 14u teams in NTX, and if it's a 16u team, why would it attempt to qualify for ASA Gold?

My mistake. Consider Sgambulleri as the AF entry for this poll and kindly ask Tim to update his website. Clearly you're unaware that there is a 16U Gold division now.

Well, you didn't say 16u ASA Gold, you said ASA Gold, I certainly knew there was a 16u Gold division. I'm also pretty sure that AF, Texas Glory Shelton, Mizuno Impulse, Tx Bombers, Texas Blaze, and most of the team in Houston. all know there is a 16u Gold division, but a quick look at their websites, and none of them have changed their labels on teams as of this time. Among the top clubs in DFW, only Tx. Glory Adkins has a 16u Gold team listed.

This time of year, I think the best programs are still deciding where to play their top teams in each group, especially freshmen in 14u or 16u Premier, ASA, etc. As I understand it, only 12 teams in Region 7 have a chance to qualify for 16u ASA Gold. That's going to be a pretty tough road for a young 16u team of freshmen. I think a good argument can be made that 14u ASA in California will be a lot better recruiting opportunity than 16u ASA in Virginia. I guarantee you'll see a lot of all freshmen teams playing 14u Premier this year.
TXfastpitchsoftball

by PDad » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:08 pm

TXfastpitchsoftball wrote:... As I understand it, only 12 teams in Region 7 have a chance to qualify for 16u ASA Gold. That's going to be a pretty tough road for a young 16u team of freshmen. ...

Looks to me like there will only be 4 16G berths available at a TX qualifier. All 48 of the 16G berths are being allocated to territories (12 each this year) and the territories organize their qualifiers with an even distribution of berths amongst them. I only see 1 qualifier so far for the Southern Territory and it has 4 berths (TN).

Teams can enter ANY 16G qualifier as all Gold territorial qualifiers are now open to all teams. More than 12 TX teams can qualify for 16G Nats, but most will have to chase their berth.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by TXfastpitchsoftball » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:27 pm

PDad wrote:
TXfastpitchsoftball wrote:... As I understand it, only 12 teams in Region 7 have a chance to qualify for 16u ASA Gold. That's going to be a pretty tough road for a young 16u team of freshmen. ...

Looks to me like there will only be 4 16G berths available at a TX qualifier. All 48 of the 16G berths are being allocated to territories (12 each this year) and the territories organize their qualifiers with an even distribution of berths amongst them. I only see 1 qualifier so far for the Southern Territory and it has 4 berths (TN).

Teams can enter ANY 16G qualifier as all Gold territorial qualifiers are now open to all teams. More than 12 TX teams can qualify for 16G Nats, but most will have to chase their berth.

Here is what is official posted as of now. The Southern Territory (which includes Region 7) will have 4 qualifiers with 3 berths at each qualifier. So 12 berths available technically to Region 7 teams. Don't know yet if you can play outside your territory.
TXfastpitchsoftball

by PDad » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:55 pm

PDad wrote:

Here is what is official posted as of now. The Southern Territory (which includes Region 7) will have 4 qualifiers with 3 berths at each qualifier. So 12 berths available technically to Region 7 teams. Don't know yet if you can play outside your territory.

Where did you see that? TournamentASA only lists the TN qualifier for the Southern Territory and it shows 4 berths. ASA's new TeamUSA website shows a 16G NQ in San Antonio on 6/21. Regardless, I was simply clarifying that only a fraction of the 12 Southern berths will be awarded at qualifiers in Texas.

Article 315 of the Code was changed for 2014 - Territory Qualifying Tournaments (TQT) are now National Gold Qualifying Tournaments (NGQT). They removed the protection for territory teams (i.e. only allowed teams from outside the territory if there were less than 24 teams entered on April 15).
http://downloads.asasoftball.com/about/pdf/2014CodeChangeswithComments.pdf
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by TXfastpitchsoftball » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:28 am

PDad wrote:
PDad wrote:

Where did you see that? TournamentASA only lists the TN qualifier for the Southern Territory and it shows 4 berths. ASA's new TeamUSA website shows a 16G NQ in San Antonio on 6/21. Regardless, I was simply clarifying that only a fraction of the 12 Southern berths will be awarded at qualifiers in Texas.

Article 315 of the Code was changed for 2014 - Territory Qualifying Tournaments (TQT) are now National Gold Qualifying Tournaments (NGQT). They removed the protection for territory teams (i.e. only allowed teams from outside the territory if there were less than 24 teams entered on April 15).
http://downloads.asasoftball.com/about/pdf/2014CodeChangeswithComments.pdf

Here you go: http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Softball/Pla ... on/Qualify
TXfastpitchsoftball

by PDad » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:06 am

PDad wrote:
TXfastpitchsoftball wrote:Here is what is official posted as of now. The Southern Territory (which includes Region 7) will have 4 qualifiers with 3 berths at each qualifier.

Where did you see that? TournamentASA only lists the TN qualifier for the Southern Territory and it shows 4 berths.

Here you go: http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Softball/Pla ... on/Qualify

Thanks. Someone needs to correct TN's event - http://gfp.tournamentasa.com/i!/tournam ... p?TID=2286

With the TX qualifier being the last of the 4 Southern qualifiers, it will be interesting to see what teams do before it. I expect the LA qualifier will be very well attended due to its proximity and being first. BTW, one of the changes is previously qualified teams ARE allowed to play in NGQTs without surrendering their berth.

There are a few more 16G qualifiers listed for other territories on TournamentASA.

- Eastern Territory:
- - June 7-8 Delaware (4 berths?) - http://gfp.tournamentasa.com/i!/tournam ... p?TID=2348
-- June 13-15 Virginia (4 berths?) - http://gfp.tournamentasa.com/i!/tournam ... p?TID=2547

- Northern
- - June 6-8 Kansas City (4 berths) - http://gfp.tournamentasa.com/i!/tournam ... p?TID=2327

- Western
- - June 7-8 Arizona (3 berths) - http://gfp.tournamentasa.com/i!/tournam ... p?TID=2623
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to TX