Texas Shock 00
4%
NTX Bombers (Smith)
No votes
Southern Force (McCloud)
No votes

Total votes : 25

by justawatcher » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:00 am

Who are they? If I left any off, let me know and I will add them.
justawatcher

by sward » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:40 pm

Always had good dealings with Tony Woodall on the field.
sward

by SoftballDad210 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:16 pm

How can you leave the Austin Starz (Garcia) team that took 5th at PGF off this list? They are still solid minus 3 palyers but they were replaced with some solid players. In the fall they played up at 16U and in two weekends at the McKinney showcases they outscored their oppents 48-6 and 46-1 against actual 16u teams and they plan to play 14U in the spring and summer :shock:
SoftballDad210

by justawatcher » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:32 am

SoftballDad210 wrote:How can you leave the Austin Starz (Garcia) team that took 5th at PGF off this list? They are still solid minus 3 palyers but they were replaced with some solid players. In the fall they played up at 16U and in two weekends at the McKinney showcases they outscored their oppents 48-6 and 46-1 against actual 16u teams and they plan to play 14U in the spring and summer :shock:

It's quite possible I left them off because a team from Austin doesn't have any relevance in a poll about the best 14U teams in NORTH Texas. Keep softball weird!
justawatcher

by Softball Dad TS » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:21 pm

How about American Freedom (Sgambelluri) they are coming off a good 2013 and have beaten many of these teams you have listed and some more than 1 time?
Softball Dad TS

by justawatcher » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:53 am

Softball Dad TS wrote:How about American Freedom (Sgambelluri) they are coming off a good 2013 and have beaten many of these teams you have listed and some more than 1 time?

I don't think either AF team qualified for anything in 2013, did they? I just put Jeremy's team on there because I assumed his was the main 16u team. That pick can be one in the same, no? Are either one even going to attempt to qualify for Premier? ASA Gold?
justawatcher

by TXfastpitchsoftball » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:54 pm

justawatcher wrote:
Softball Dad TS wrote:How about American Freedom (Sgambelluri) they are coming off a good 2013 and have beaten many of these teams you have listed and some more than 1 time?

I don't think either AF team qualified for anything in 2013, did they? I just put Jeremy's team on there because I assumed his was the main 16u team. That pick can be one in the same, no? Are either one even going to attempt to qualify for Premier? ASA Gold?

If the AF (Greenway) is a 16u team, why would you list it under the best 14u teams in NTX, and if it's a 16u team, why would it attempt to qualify for ASA Gold?

AF (Sgambulleri) finished 33rd at 12u "A" ASA Nationals last year as the 2000 Lady Horns. Based on their website, the AF (Greenway) is a merger with the AF (Hodo), which has been one of the top '99 teams in NTX for several year. If this team competes at 14u with mostly freshmen, it should do better than most of the teams on this list. If they play 16u, they will be young.

My opinion, 14u in NTX will be the same as always with Texas Glory, Glory (Adkins), Mizuno Impulse, and AF with the addition this year of Texas Impact, which is probably the best of the bunch. There will always be a spoiler or two, but it will be the same top clubs as always.
TXfastpitchsoftball

by Fastpitch4Life » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:17 pm

justawatcher wrote:
SoftballDad210 wrote:How can you leave the Austin Starz (Garcia) team that took 5th at PGF off this list? They are still solid minus 3 palyers but they were replaced with some solid players. In the fall they played up at 16U and in two weekends at the McKinney showcases they outscored their oppents 48-6 and 46-1 against actual 16u teams and they plan to play 14U in the spring and summer :shock:

It's quite possible I left them off because a team from Austin doesn't have any relevance in a poll about the best 14U teams in NORTH Texas. Keep softball weird!

Just in the interest of learning something and trying to get to 124 million HB hits, where is the dividing line between NTX , regular TX and South TX??
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by justawatcher » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:10 am

TXfastpitchsoftball wrote:
If the AF (Greenway) is a 16u team, why would you list it under the best 14u teams in NTX, and if it's a 16u team, why would it attempt to qualify for ASA Gold?

My mistake. Consider Sgambulleri as the AF entry for this poll and kindly ask Tim to update his website. Clearly you're unaware that there is a 16U Gold division now.

TXfastpitchsoftball wrote:AF (Sgambulleri) finished 33rd at 12u "A" ASA Nationals last year as the 2000 Lady Horns. Based on their website, the AF (Greenway) is a merger with the AF (Hodo), which has been one of the top '99 teams in NTX for several year. If this team competes at 14u with mostly freshmen, it should do better than most of the teams on this list. If they play 16u, they will be young.

My opinion, 14u in NTX will be the same as always with Texas Glory, Glory (Adkins), Mizuno Impulse, and AF with the addition this year of Texas Impact, which is probably the best of the bunch. There will always be a spoiler or two, but it will be the same top clubs as always.

Again, my apologies. I was unaware of this merger.

Fastpitch4Life wrote:Just in the interest of learning something and trying to get to 124 million HB hits, where is the dividing line between NTX , regular TX and South TX??

I have no idea where the line is but no one in the history of time has considered the Austin Strars a North Texas team.
justawatcher

by PDad » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:54 pm

justawatcher wrote:
Fastpitch4Life wrote:Just in the interest of learning something and trying to get to 124 million HB hits, where is the dividing line between NTX , regular TX and South TX??

I have no idea where the line is but no one in the history of time has considered the Austin Strars a North Texas team.

Since jw punted, here is what I found on Wikipedia:

- North Texas (also commonly called North Central Texas, Northeastern Texas, and Nortex) is a distinct cultural and geographic area forming the central-northeastern section of the U.S. state of Texas. North Texas is generally considered to include the area south of Oklahoma, east of Abilene, and north of Waco. North Texas, being more precisely the northern part of the central portion of Texas, does not include the Panhandle of Texas, despite the fact that it extends farther north.

- Central Texas is a region in the U.S. state of Texas surrounding Austin and roughly bordered by Brady to Kerrville to La Grange to Waco. Central Texas contains the Texas Hill Country and corresponds to a physio-graphic section designation within the Great Plains province, in a geographic context.

- South Texas is a region of the U.S. state of Texas that lies roughly south of and including San Antonio. The southern and western boundary is the Rio Grande, and to the east it is the Gulf of Mexico.

What say y'all?
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to TX