Texas Blaze South
No votes
Austin Finest 01
27%
Texas Stix 01
No votes

Total votes : 11

by Lone Star Proud » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:14 pm

What team is expected to be the team to beat in 2014 in Central Texas 12U? If you have other suggestions let me know and I'll add them.
Lone Star Proud

by Chris61 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:56 am

Blaze Chapa !! No doubt !!
Chris61

by hitforpower » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:12 pm

Should be able to see most of the teams play in the Bomber Shootout this Spring.
hitforpower

by SoftballDad210 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:39 pm

The Bomber Shootout isn't a good measureing stick if the Bombers play in the PGF quailfier and everyone else plays in the regular shootout bracket. The only way we could see actual parity is if all the above mentioned teams are playing in the PGF bracket. Otherwise you will see exactly what the Bombers did last year get a PGF 12u bid based on a field of less than 10 teams total in the PGF bracket and the shootout bracket have over 25+ teams. And we all know what happened when they went to California last year they were outclassed and in over their heads because they didn't play any credible teams in the quailfier to get there.
SoftballDad210

by SoftballDad210 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:59 pm

I wish I had the answer to that SPAZ but most of the teams that came to the shootout didn't know that there was two different brackets until they got there. The funny thing is they call it the Bomber Shootout but no Bomber team will play in the non PGF bracket. So all these teams coming in thinking they are goin to get a crack at the Bombers are dissapointed because they are not in ther PGF brackets.
SoftballDad210

by hitforpower » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:46 am

Well our teams head coach knew there were 2 different brackets last year. It was pretty simple.

For this year though it will be much simpler for those who do not read. There is not 2 different brackets but 2 different tournaments. The Bomber Shootout is March 7-9 and on the tournament page it shows ALL BOMBER 10u/12u/14u teams are entered. I know our team is looking forward to making the trip and the competition.

The Bombers will also be hosting a PGF Qualifier in April and I suspect you will see Bomber teams playing in it as well.

Also if you believe that a good team can't go to PGF Nationals and lose 2 games it really shows your ignorance. PGF is not like ASA. Its the best of the best. Every team you play is good. You cant simply play in a weak metro event that is only open to metro teams and get a berth.
Last edited by hitforpower on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hitforpower

by Battle » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:27 pm

hitforpower wrote:Also if you believe that a good team can't go to PGF Nationals and lose 2 games it really shows your ignorance. PGF is not like ASA. Its the best of the best. Every team you play is good. You cant simply play in a weak metro event and get a berth.

:lol: That's funny....Um...yeah you can.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Firecrackers CTX » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:29 am

Firecrackers CTX will be starting a new tournament format this year. Each team will compete in it's age group like normal but over all club rankings will be established by how a club does in all age groups. This is the way to determine who has the best overall organization in the area. I would invite all of you to get your orgs teams on board and join the tourney. Top teams have already committed from Dallas and Houston. This tournament will continue to grow and will also be a qualifier this year. This year it will be hosted in Dripping Springs April 12-13th. Please visit www.firecrackersctx.com or email firecrackers_josh@aol.com for details. Let's get everyone there and solve the debate!
Firecrackers CTX

by taking2 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:23 am

Firecrackers CTX wrote:Firecrackers CTX will be starting a new tournament format this year. Each team will compete in it's age group like normal but over all club rankings will be established by how a club does in all age groups. This is the way to determine who has the best overall organization in the area. I would invite all of you to get your orgs teams on board and join the tourney. Top teams have already committed from Dallas and Houston. [b]This tournament will continue to grow and will also be a qualifier this year.[/b] This year it will be hosted in Dripping Springs April 12-13th. Please visit http://www.firecrackersctx.com or email firecrackers_josh@aol.com for details. Let's get everyone there and solve the debate!

The tournament will be a qualifier for what? PGF, ASA, USSSA???
taking2

by hitforpower » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:56 pm

taking2 wrote:
Firecrackers CTX wrote:Firecrackers CTX will be starting a new tournament format this year. Each team will compete in it's age group like normal but over all club rankings will be established by how a club does in all age groups. This is the way to determine who has the best overall organization in the area. I would invite all of you to get your orgs teams on board and join the tourney. Top teams have already committed from Dallas and Houston. [b]This tournament will continue to grow and will also be a qualifier this year.[/b] This year it will be hosted in Dripping Springs April 12-13th. Please visit http://www.firecrackersctx.com or email firecrackers_josh@aol.com for details. Let's get everyone there and solve the debate!

The tournament will be a qualifier for what? PGF, ASA, USSSA???

As good as this sounds I don't think you will get the top teams to play in a IFA/VTD or USSSA qualifier the same weekend as a PGF qualifier. You may get some teams that are already qualified or that are going ASA.

I like the concept. The Aces do this with the Gold Cup but you still don't get all the top teams to participate.
hitforpower

Next

Return to TX