Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

Can you point me in the right direction

by James Schaefer » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:17 pm

I have a daughter who is about to turn 10 years old. She has played Softball for a couple of years, and started pitching a little over a year ago.

We are looking for a team in the Dallas area (we live in Rockwall Texas). My daughter is 5'2". She has 3 pitches (Fastball, Change up, Drop Ball). She is strong and quick. She has been clocked in the low 50's but averages around 45-48 mph.

She has always batted in the 3 or 4 hole, but she needs work on batting because we have only focused our attention on pitching.

She has a great attitude and loves playing sports. I don't want to join a team that is just looking for players to pay the bills. We want to find a team that is competitive and a lot of fun. She has been asked to be on a couple of teams, but I have not given a commitment because I don't know much about them and there were some red flags.

my email is jschaefer@deliverymaxx.com. Thanks in advance for any help.
James Schaefer

by Lunatic Fringe » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:32 am

There is always someone on the 'Bucket that will tell you where to go :D
Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.
Mark Twain
Lunatic Fringe

by Fastpitch4Life » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:21 am

The Cowboys need someone who can throw the ball accurately. :lol: But seriously, it looks like there are alot of ads in the Tryouts category right here in the HB. You're not going to know if a team is right for your daughter or your family until you get out there and go through the tryout process. There are alot of good teams/orgs in Texas so you should have some options, and if there's not a good fit in your area, stay in rec ball another year or two. Best of luck.

P.S. Because you are new to Hey Bucket, don't be surprised if you get razzed a little for posting your DD's pitching speeds or batting spot. Any references to Ray-Ray or Dani, are part of the charm of the Bucket. :mrgreen:
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to TX