Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

ASA vs. PGF (10U)?

by catcherzrule » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:38 am

Howdy,

So, why would anyone, who really knows travel ball (even though they are 10's) EVER choose ASA over PGF? :roll:

Now, assuming PGF has a 10U Championship this year (all signs point to yes), is it proximity to Illinois...ILLINOIS, that is why ASA is a better option? You REALLY think ASA will draw more talent? If you think that, you are as mixed up as some people think you are. :o

Perhaps the oppressive humidity, pre-historic sized bugs, and 2nd class talent appeals to ya'll. If so, enjoy. :lol:
catcherzrule

by orange socks » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:57 pm

Maybe because there are no local 10U PGF local tournaments. Although I see one in El Paso, which is halfway to Southern California for most Texans. I might be wrong, but I don't see any 10U PGF Nationals. Maybe if they post it, the teams will come.

At least ASA has local representation. PGF "seems" to cater to the top 10% of teams for the National tournaments, which is fine if you want to alienate the other 90% of the teams. ASA is a little more inclusive since they not only host the National tourneys they host local ones as well. I think PGF does a fantastic job for the 14U, 16U and 18U teams that can compete at the top levels and that want to travel to SoCal. These teams also are going there to be seen by college coaches. I don't think 10U teams are there...yet.

I am a fan of PGF, ASA, TCS and USFA, but each one for different reasons. My DD 14U team will play in the PGF qualifier and Texas should send some very nice teams to SoCal to compete.

Perhaps the oppressive humidity, pre-historic sized bugs, and 2nd class talent appeals to ya'll. If so, enjoy.
If you are trying to attract the best 10U teams in Texas, this is not the way to do it? Gary Haning would not be pleased if you were the spokesperson for the PGF. You might have heard the saying "you can catch more flies honey than with vinegar"

I will say that the TX forum needed some action, and I appreciate you coming by to stir it up!

Take care brah!
orange socks

by Battle » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:09 am

catcherzrule wrote:Howdy,

So, why would anyone, who really knows travel ball (even though they are 10's) EVER choose ASA over PGF? :roll:

Now, assuming PGF has a 10U Championship this year (all signs point to yes), is it proximity to Illinois...ILLINOIS, that is why ASA is a better option? You REALLY think ASA will draw more talent? If you think that, you are as mixed up as some people think you are. :o

Perhaps the oppressive humidity, pre-historic sized bugs, and 2nd class talent appeals to ya'll. If so, enjoy. :lol:

I suggest you go to PGF while they last. You may not get another chance before they self destruct. Besides, everybody needs a vacation every now and then.

For the real softballers of America...Good luck at the ASA qualifiers and hope to see you at the real Nationals...ASA..
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

Return to TX