Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

TX

What about Central Texas?????

by DonnieS » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:29 am

>> I think the S.T. Elite (which won the 2008 Ronald McDonald) had a bunch of there girls move up to 16U and High School.
I apoligize if I have been misinformed - <<

You are correct. The coaches are close friends of mine and my younger kid has played with them in the past.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by STE08 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:03 pm

Hey guys I am not one to say much about the competition, give me a break, my good buddy Ram(RGV Sting) has a good team and if any body wants to question the integrity of S.T. ELITE, please don't, we did lose 2 girls to 16U, but we are ready for the '08 season. We have some new additions and when we get our 4 girls back from HS ball, we will be ready to make a run for MIDLAND ( ASA NATIONALS ) and defend our RMT Title later this year ! As some you all might have seen this past weekend we are ready for '08. Strong pitching staff, strong bats, speed and great defense. So you all can stay away from calling STE and STING weak competition and yes STING did Beat us at the Valentine Massacre 2-1.

Greg Flores(Manager)
South Texas Elite 14U
STE08

by STE08 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:14 pm

Oh and Brookes Dad it was the '07 Ronald McDonald Tournament that we won and beat a pretty tough(Texas Peppers 14U Team) twice. To set the record straight !!! And if teams chose not to come back for the Sunday finale of that said tourney what DOES THAT SAY ! Everybody needs to leave the talk alone and like a good buddy of mine once told me when I first got into coaching, LET THE GIRLS DO THE TALKING ON THE FIELD WITH THEIR PLAYING ABILITIES, ( DONNIE S.)
STE08

by Brooke's Dad » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:11 am

STE08 wrote:Oh and Brookes Dad it was the '07 Ronald McDonald Tournament that we won and beat a pretty tough(Texas Peppers 14U Team) twice. To set the record straight !!!

Hey STE08 - I have set the record straight - so I hope you aren't directing that at me. I said STE did win RMcD - so I am not sure what I need to set straight.

My daughter played against STE at the R McD (on the Peppers - and still does) - we had a ton of fun playing your team. We have the utmost respect for the entire team.

We played them twice - lost twice - both by a run.

We feel we improved as a team playing against such a quality team (as well as teams like the Diamond Duster / 93 Texas Storm / Power) and will continue to search for the best competition where ever that leads us.

We hope to see you guys between the lines soon - we won't be hard to find..... just listen for our Stero Cooler... as we are the original (and the best .... and loudest LoL).

Stop on by - I will buy you a hot dog.
When asked how many times she hit Tiger with the golf club, she responded, "I'm not sure...put me down for an 8!
Brooke's Dad

by STE08 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:02 am

yea, you all need to get out there more, we kinda miss you guys, you guys have probably, no you guys(PEPPERS) have been the toughest team we have ever played ! Alot of respect from these neck of the woods towards the 14U Texas Peppers. Been meaning to get a cooler from you guys, not quite there on the FR funds yet. Nothing towards you bud, we have nothing but love and respect for the Texas Peppers. Will you guys be up at the State tourney or just at the HOF and Colorado and then Nationals ? Well we will be represented good from down here, S.T. ELITE and Texas Peppers up at the HOF !!
STE08

by Brooke's Dad » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:48 pm

We will be in:

Ft. Worth (H of Fame qualifier)

Oklahoma City at the Hall of Fame (hopefully qualifing in Ft. Worth)

Houston Metro (ASA National Quaifier)

Midland (ASA Nationals)

Broomsfield, Colorado -- Colorado Fireworks

Apart from that - we will travel throughout Houston and the surrounding area going where the best tounrnaments / teams are... let us know where / what tournaments you guys are going to be in here in Houston and we will try to get on the same page.

Hope to see you guys and gals soon. We only have one girl in HS (but she is still a '94) the majority are 8th graders and two 7th Graders (including one of out 2 great pitchers).

To be the Best - you have to beat the best --- so in my Opinion here is the list of better teams that I am aware of.... in order.

Now PLEASE remember - I have not seen some of the very best 14U teams (such as American Freedom / Texas Fusion / S.A. HITT / Texas Xtreme / Round Rock Blaze among others).

1. S.T. Elite

2. FW Bat Busters

3. Ok T-n-T

4. 93 Texas Storm

5. Texas Peppers

6. Austin Storm

7. Texas Glory (Elliott)

8. Diamond Dusters

9. SK Tazers

10. Texas Hawks
When asked how many times she hit Tiger with the golf club, she responded, "I'm not sure...put me down for an 8!
Brooke's Dad

by YplayAwhenucanplayB » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:17 pm

Funny you list Texas Storm and SK Tazers.....the STX8's got slammed for playing in a "easy" bracket in the Bombers Tournament. Guess that bracket was a bit tougher than some others thought. I agree with Brooke's Dad. Fusion is pretty good. AF is a bit overrated, Austin Storm is overrated too. Blaze and STX8's are temp teams, they won't be around when it counts. Hitt made some noise this past weekend, but came up short against the ST Elite. Give Elite props....they won Ronald McDonald. Watch out for Groove from Austin.....they're sneaky good. They lost to ST Elite at Ronald McDonald, but then beat them in San Antonio. Batbuster Montoya did well in 12u, but at the 14u, they don't look as strong.
YplayAwhenucanplayB

by Brooke's Dad » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:23 pm

I stil list Storm and Tazers b/c we have played them both a ton of times and I am not gonna base my opinion on one tournament.

I have seen them both play very well and seen them play not so well (heck - I have seen the same from any team I haved watched ---- college / Pro / Team USA).

Again - this is MY opinion..... if I am way off base on this... believe me - it wouldn't be the 1st time (or the last).
Brooke's Dad

by fastpitchguru » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:42 pm

All of the teams that you listed are good without a doubt...but how can you leave off the RR Blaze 93 , the Texas Bombers 93 and the Texas Bombers 94? These teams are without question the best 14U teams in central Texas! The STX8's from what I am aware are made up of the 93 Bombers except for 2 or 3 players and I think those play with there 92's. And the Blaze team will send its players back to there respective teams as well! I think the STE and Austin Storm are both very good , but unless I am mistaken the Texas Bombers 94 team sent both of them to the house from the Bomber Tournament! Scary to think that essentially 3 of the top 5 teams at the Bomber tournament were from two organizations in central Texas...the Texas Bombers and the Round Rock Blaze!

Just cracks me up to see all this talk and no mention of the truly best teams in Central Texas!
fastpitchguru

by Brooke's Dad » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:49 pm

I left them off.... as I have stated in the above post.... because I had not seen them play yet.

My list consists of ONLY the teams I have seen with MY eyes.

Some people need to slow down and read what is posted.... :roll:
Brooke's Dad

PreviousNext

Return to TX